Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Senyatta
16 Dec 17 23:20
| Topic/replies: 1,342 | Blogger: Senyatta's blog
Could be a cracking fight. After last week's farce boxing fans deserve to end the year in style.
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Billy Joe Saunders v David Lemieux,...
Show More
Report Des Pond December 16, 2017 11:44 PM GMT
Quite an intruiging fight this one. Lemieux has plenty of power and could cause a lot of problems for Saunders. If BJS is not in the best condition he could be in trouble here. Lemieux can bang with both hands. A lot of people are hoping that BJS gets starched, and with Lemieux's power, it is certainly a possibility. Having said that, Saunders is very tough and has got a good chin. Saunders is the better boxer of the two with faster hand speed, a better jab and better footwork. Saunders is good at controlling the distance between him and his opponent and I can see him frustrating Lemieux and racking up a points lead in the 1st few rounds. The question to be answered is: Can BJS keep Lemieux at bay and avoid the big bombs for the whole duration of the fight, or will he run out of steam as he has been known to do at times in the past? Although Lemieux is on home turf, I don't see Canada as being a country where foreign fighters get a bad deal. In fact, Lemieux has been beaten in Canada before. If Saunders is in his best condition, and doesn't end up blowing out his backside after 8 rounds or so, he could box his way to a decision. If he's not in good condition Lemieux could stop him. I'm going for a points win for Saunders, although there will be plenty of scares along the way, and I wouldn't rule out a stoppage win for Lemiuex.
Report Shrewd_dude December 17, 2017 1:22 AM GMT
Think it's a 50/50 so favour Lem at odds  but will probably wait until in play before having a bet.

Des I don't think he's going to get robbed in Canada but  when he has been beaten in Canada before he wasn't promoted by GoldenBoy. Home turf with GBP and without is a different thing.
Report Des Pond December 17, 2017 1:44 AM GMT
yes, I see your point, Shrewdie.
have you seen Cletus Seldin yet? he's a real crowd pleaser, no backward steps with him. Ulysse Jnr has more quality, but Seldin will go all out to stop him.
Report Des Pond December 17, 2017 1:47 AM GMT
I'm expecting Antoine Douglas to be too good for Spike O'Sullivan. He's only been beaten by Khurtsidze when he took the fight at short notice. And Khurtsidze has the power to knock almost anybody out at middleweight, so no disgrace there, imo.
Report Shrewd_dude December 17, 2017 2:31 AM GMT
No. I'm watching on Boxnation. Has that been on yet?. On Boxnation they are just showing the replay of Nicola Adams 3rd fight.

I've backed Spike. More just something to keep me up for the main fight though. What time is the main fight going to be on at if we've not seen any live fight so far and it's half 2?
Report Des Pond December 17, 2017 2:37 AM GMT
I'm hearing it's delayed a bit. I actually don't have Boxnation or BT, so I'll either look for a good stream or go to bed. Haven't made up my mind yet.
Report Shrewd_dude December 17, 2017 2:43 AM GMT
i just got Boxnation for the month for the Loma fight. You fancy Seldin by stoppage?
Report Des Pond December 17, 2017 2:48 AM GMT
Maybe, but Ulysse is a good boxer, Maybe he could keep Seldin at bay and get a points decison. No bet for me, but should be a good fight.
Report Des Pond December 17, 2017 2:52 AM GMT
That's Seldin on his backside already. :)
Report Shrewd_dude December 17, 2017 2:54 AM GMT
Backed Seldin at 5/2. Not sure he will be able to keep him off for 10 rounds.
Report Shrewd_dude December 17, 2017 2:56 AM GMT
oh dear.
Report Des Pond December 17, 2017 3:01 AM GMT
Ulysse is a much better boxer. Seldin will have a puncher's chance, but Ulysse is a class above Seldin.
Report Shrewd_dude December 17, 2017 3:18 AM GMT
Bizarre fight now.
Report Des Pond December 17, 2017 3:31 AM GMT
Nice win for Ulysse Jnr.
Report tobermory December 17, 2017 3:31 AM GMT
Lemieux seems one of those guys who has journeyman boxing skills but gets near the top on power alone.

Think will be a UD bore for BJS . Though he won't get away with just waiting and not throwing anything as i expect he will losr rounds for that even if Lemiuex is not landing anything.
Report Des Pond December 17, 2017 3:39 AM GMT
Spike is getting beat, I reckon.
Report Shrewd_dude December 17, 2017 3:39 AM GMT
Very gay moustache from Spike.
Report Shrewd_dude December 17, 2017 3:39 AM GMT
Very gay moustache from Spike.
Report tobermory December 17, 2017 4:01 AM GMT
Good fight this
Report tobermory December 17, 2017 4:06 AM GMT
Wow Spike
Report tobermory December 17, 2017 4:06 AM GMT
What odds was he ?
Report Shrewd_dude December 17, 2017 4:08 AM GMT
12/5 before start.
Report Des Pond December 17, 2017 4:08 AM GMT
Spike wins, looks like he wanted it more.
Report tobermory December 17, 2017 4:14 AM GMT
ty
Report Shrewd_dude December 17, 2017 4:16 AM GMT
Not backed anything yet but got a bad feeling BJS gets starched here.
Report Des Pond December 17, 2017 4:19 AM GMT
hope so, he's a bit of a clown. Think Saunders will win on points, though.
Report Des Pond December 17, 2017 4:28 AM GMT
Good start from BJS
Report Shrewd_dude December 17, 2017 4:31 AM GMT
small BJS KO at 9/2 for me.
Report Shrewd_dude December 17, 2017 4:45 AM GMT
This is very impressive from BJS.
Report Des Pond December 17, 2017 4:46 AM GMT
Saunders well in front. Can't see the judges giving anything to Lemieux.
Report Des Pond December 17, 2017 5:13 AM GMT
great win for BJS.
Report Senyatta December 17, 2017 5:23 AM GMT
masterclass. great to see him near his best
Report Kriskin December 18, 2017 12:55 AM GMT
BJS is top class.  Must be in the top 2 pound for pound best boxers in GB
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now