Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Des Pond
16 Oct 17 22:27
| Topic/replies: 9,952 | Blogger: Des Pond's blog
Will now be against Carlos Takam, Pulev having pulled out due to injury. A reasonable opponent as a late substitute. He's not very big, but he's pretty durable. Even though Joshua should not have any real trouble with him.
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Joshua's next fight
Show More
Report dr . atkins October 16, 2017 11:18 PM BST
joke of a fight sky will try on talk it up
Report tictacman1 October 16, 2017 11:40 PM BST
The Cameroonian-French 36-year-old had been on standby for the fight, promoter Eddie Hearn said.

"I received a call from [promoter] Kalle Sauerland late afternoon to inform me that Pulev had injured his shoulder and may be ruled out of the fight - this was later confirmed by his doctor," he added.

"IBF rules state that the mandatory will go to the next fighter in line, which is Carlos Takam.

"When the Pulev fight was announced I made a deal with Takam's team to begin camp and be on standby for this fight. When I called them this evening they were overjoyed and good to go."

He added that the change of opponent put Joshua in a "difficult position".

"Having prepared meticulously for the style and height of Pulev, he now faces a completely different style and challenge in Takam," Hearn said.

"This hasn't happened in his career before but he is ready for all comers on 28 October."
Report wisewords October 16, 2017 11:41 PM BST
Joshua wins by stoppage, round 34.
Report wisewords October 16, 2017 11:41 PM BST
round 4*
Report n88uk October 17, 2017 10:04 AM BST
It's a garbage fight lets be real. Povetkin destroyed him, and Parker beat him. Not that you'd ever get anything at 2 weeks notice.

Shows how much Sky are on the Joshua gravy train as this ppv has a terrible card with a terrible main event, but it will still sell because of Joshua.

On other hand I lol'd too at responses to Eddie on Twitter from fans saying they're not happy having paid £400 for tickets or whatever. Does Takam over Pulev make the slightest bit of difference to these fans? Tbf they should get refunds as they're not getting what was advertised, but it seems weird the fans going would really care.

A lot of complaints it's PPV of course, but it's Joshua, Joshua vs a scarecrow would sell right now.
Report donny osmond October 17, 2017 2:03 PM BST
In late 1975, the heavyweight boxing world champion, Apollo Creed, announces plans to hold a title bout in Philadelphia during the upcoming United States Bicentennial. However, he is informed five weeks from the fight date that his scheduled opponent is unable to compete due to an injured hand. With all other potential replacements booked up or otherwise unavailable, Creed decides to spice things up by giving a local contender a chance to face him. He settles on Rocky Balboa, an aspiring southpaw boxer from an Italian neighborhood of Philadelphia, known by the nickname "The Italian Stallion"
Report Callisto-moon October 18, 2017 11:13 AM BST
Why not take Dillion white from the undercard and fight him?
People would prefer that than a bum that Joseph parker could beat.
Report n88uk October 18, 2017 1:07 PM BST
Because this fulfils his mandatory to free him up down the line, most importantly for a big summer fight next year. That doesn't. On top of that Eddie probably doesn't think he can maximise revenue with that fight with only 2 weeks to sell it and promote the "these two really don't like each other" bust up between them.
Report Callisto-moon October 18, 2017 11:36 PM BST
Total con job.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now