Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
tobermory
07 Oct 17 15:52
| Topic/replies: 45,099 | Blogger: tobermory's blog
Eubank Jnr 1.17
Yilidrim 7.4
Draw 50
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Eubank Jnr v Yilidrim
Show More
Report tobermory October 7, 2017 3:53 PM BST
ITV Box Office wanting a tenner for this
Report Shrewd_dude October 7, 2017 4:07 PM BST
Itv have made a total arse of this tournament. Nobody outside boxing fans knows it on with it being all on PPV. If they'd put the first round fights on normal ITV they could have built a ot of interest for the later rounds.
Report tobermory October 7, 2017 4:36 PM BST
Exactly .
Report Shrewd_dude October 7, 2017 5:46 PM BST
Even boxing fans who usually fork out for PPV will probably just be watching the Burns V Crolla fight.
Report Des Pond October 7, 2017 6:29 PM BST
Personlly I can't be bothered with "ITV Player" or any other online thing that you have to subscribe to. Last week I coud have watched the Cruserweight bout for free, but couldn't be bothered opening an account. As it turned out the fight was terrible, anyway. If ITV are serious about Boxing they should just put it on Freeview, at least initially to garner interest. I can't see how ITV BoxOffice can be making money as most boxing fans can't be bothered with it.
Report Des Pond October 7, 2017 6:52 PM BST
As far as the Eubank fight goes, this will be the toughest test so far for Eubank. Yildirim is extremely tough and quite big at the weight. He's not exceptional at anything, but does most things pretty well. If I have a bet on it. it will be Eubank on points, as I don't think he has enough power to stop Yildirim even though he will hit him often enough. I can't see Yildirim having the speed or variety of punch to beat Eubank on points, and so far in his career Eubank's defence has been good enough and his chin sturdy enough. Even though Yildirim will hit harder than any of his opponents so far, I think that Eubank will be able to avoid most of Yildirim's hardest shots and get the victory on points.
Report Geesyerdosh October 7, 2017 7:01 PM BST
I've taken Yildirim by stoppage. He's apparently quite slow and is probably made for Eubank but he's huge, keeps coming and can bang. Eubank can be hit, don't think he has the power to stop Yildirim coming at him and likes to fight in spurts which he won't be allowed. His first fight abroad, mad turks going mental, he may just be too good but 13s for the KO was to good to resist.
Report Des Pond October 7, 2017 7:41 PM BST
Yeah, I've seen much worse 13/1 shots.
Report wisewords October 7, 2017 9:57 PM BST
any idea when ring walks are for this?
Report tobermory October 7, 2017 10:05 PM BST
ITV might wait til Crolla/Burns is done of it's up to them.
Report n88uk October 7, 2017 10:15 PM BST
Crolla/Burns isn't starting until the darts finishes. ITV won't wait as this on super series schedule rather than a UK schedule.
Report n88uk October 7, 2017 10:16 PM BST
Go the distance looks huge for this imo.
Report n88uk October 7, 2017 10:28 PM BST
The market has gone very in love with Eubank for a flash knockdown that barely even looked a knockdown imo.
Report n88uk October 7, 2017 10:29 PM BST
Given to be Eubank is fighting a somewhat dangerous fight. 1.03-1.04 a disgrace.
Report n88uk October 7, 2017 10:30 PM BST
Eubank does a lot of wild swinging.
Report n88uk October 7, 2017 10:32 PM BST
Lol ok that was quite good from Eubank.
Report n88uk October 7, 2017 10:32 PM BST
Thought he was gonna punch himself out at the pace he was fighting, but I guess doesn't matter if you in 3 rounds.
Report wisewords October 7, 2017 10:33 PM BST
Eubank is the real deal, n88uk. you're sleeping on him massively.
Report tobermory October 7, 2017 10:36 PM BST
Is it Callum next or Groves ?

I think snr will find an excuse to pull him out before
Report wisewords October 7, 2017 10:37 PM BST
it's Groves next.
Report wisewords October 7, 2017 10:37 PM BST
and he won't pull out. he'll fight Groves.
Report n88uk October 7, 2017 10:38 PM BST
If he pulls out he will look such an idiot, but nothing would surprise me with Eubank circus.
Report tobermory October 7, 2017 11:29 PM BST
Groves and Junior would make fortunes on Sky Box Office

But no one has a clue about ITV Box Office and the people running it don't seem to be marketing wizards
Report tobermory October 7, 2017 11:33 PM BST
I would so much like to see Groves V Junior , could care less about Haye - Belle's but that will make 5 times as much money
Report wisewords October 7, 2017 11:33 PM BST
but they're not getting paid based on their PPV sales^. they could do 5,000 buys or they could do 5 million buys and they get paid the same. it's fixed prize money in the World Super Series and they've already signed up for it. I get the impression the prize money is fairly hefty as it's being bankrolled by very deep rockets.
Report wisewords October 7, 2017 11:33 PM BST
pockets* not rockets, ffs!
Report Des Pond October 7, 2017 11:37 PM BST
Missed the fight, but sounds like a great win for Eubank. Thought Yildirim would be more durable, tbh.
Report tobermory October 7, 2017 11:40 PM BST
Surely the PPV money is where it's at tho

The fixed amount for a semi must be peanuts compared to what could be generated by Sky hype

Are these world series guys gonna rent a stadium ?
Report wisewords October 7, 2017 11:47 PM BST
Well they all signed the contracts so they must be paying them handsomely, and probably making a loss overall.
Report Des Pond October 8, 2017 12:37 AM BST
Just watched it. that was pretty impressive from Eubank Jnr. That was the most composed and business-like I've seen from Eubank to date. I said a couple of years ago that I would give Eubank a good chance against De Gale, and on that showing I would say that he would beat DeGale, and I think he will beat Groves as well. He still relies too much on the right uppercut, which he still throws a lot, but it's interesting that it was a left hook that finished it for him. He's had a lot of critics Eubank, (myself included at times) but I think he has to be acknowledged as a real force in this division.
Report Zazu October 9, 2017 3:04 AM BST
Yildirim looked really poor. Think youre getting very carried away with Eubank jrs ability.
Report TheBaron October 9, 2017 12:11 PM BST
World Boxing Series.  8 Boxers, half you've never heard of, battle for a title that is the Leyland Daf trophy of boxing.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now