Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
tobermory
20 Sep 17 17:31
| Topic/replies: 43,080 | Blogger: tobermory's blog
November 4th

People saying Wilder really stepping up here and taking a big risk Crazy

ffs Ortiz is nearly 60 years old and couldn't even put The White Rhino on the floor !

This looks like free money bet of the year
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Deontay Wilder v Luis Ortiz
Show More
Report tobermory September 20, 2017 6:26 PM BST
livestream of the press conference

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrqcBE3IB0k

Ortiz stuck in traffic apparently Crazy
Report GRANTCKING September 20, 2017 7:41 PM BST
yeh saw this last night, ortiz is mince, easy win for wilder
Report BestShot September 23, 2017 7:34 AM BST
Wilder's defence is non existent, he probably has the most power in his shots though in the HD but Ortiz is a seriously quick boxer for his size.

I'll be on Ortiz.
Report n88uk September 23, 2017 8:43 PM BST
I have no idea why Wilder took this fight for probably like 1/4 the money he would have got for fighting Dillian Whyte. It's a tougher fight and the latter would get him more known for a superfight with AJ thus more money down the line.
Report wisewords September 23, 2017 8:50 PM BST
Coz he can get a ref who's gonna favour him if he fights Ortiz, but Hearn's influence with Whyte would mean a more neutral ref.
Report n88uk September 23, 2017 8:53 PM BST
He should beat Whyte easily imo, I don't really get why he'd turn down 3m to do so.

Btw does Ortiz give up his WBA mandatory spot for this, because that would seem madness too if that's the case, throwing away the AJ payday.

Then again both are Haymon fighters and maybe he is dictating everything.
Report wisewords September 23, 2017 9:21 PM BST
I think he fears Whyte. He's fought nobody. Look at his record. Absolutely nobody.
Report n88uk September 29, 2017 10:24 AM BST
Ortiz failed another drugs test, fight off. Wilder must be raging giving this is 2nd time he's lost a big payday over this. Should have taken the Whyte payday obv.
Report tobermory September 29, 2017 3:46 PM BST
Stiverne v Breazeale was the support for this so maybe one of them can step up

Though Wilder v Stiverne again about as exciting as an AJ v Charles Martin rematch
Report n88uk October 9, 2017 3:04 AM BST
Stiverne is mandatory, so it's him.

How he is mandatory is beyond me, he lost the belt to Wilder, fought 1 bum in 2 years, and that's enough to be mandataory ffs Crazy. Don King influence of course, but it's sorta bs that ruins politics. Literally no-one wants to see that fight again. Wilder won clear first time.
Report tobermory October 11, 2017 3:18 PM BST
Incredible . It's like if Charles Martin was AJ's mandatory .

I guess the reasoning is that he was meant to fight Povetkin for the mandatory and he won by default . But he should have had to do more than beat Povetkin to get mandatory status as he lost the belt in a landslide decision.

Then the fight he actually did have against that journeyman he only won on points and was knocked on his ass by the guy . And that was someone who had been KO'd by Audley Crazy
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now