Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
tobermory
19 Aug 17 19:14
| Topic/replies: 45,569 | Blogger: tobermory's blog
This is on the Mayweather-Macgregor undercard.

Cleverly 7/2

Always thought Cleverly was one of the worst world champions , in that he got the belt out of a bin without having to fight anyone in the Top 10 , then made a bunch of defences against guys nowhere near Top 10 , before being demolished in his first proper world level fight.

I thought he was done 3 years ago but since then he has had the best years of his career imo , and i'm thinking he is overpriced for this.

Agree Jack should be strong at LH and clear fav but odds should be closer imo
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Nathan Cleverly v Badou Jack
Show More
Report Des Pond August 19, 2017 8:44 PM BST
I would back Jack to stop him, depending on the price. And talking about Price's, look who's back in September! Or should I say SepTIMBER?!! If big Dave can't beat that Tomato Can, then it really is an indictment.
Report Jimmy Diamond August 22, 2017 9:15 PM BST
Think Jack is a tad short in the odds but then again i think Jack will stop him. Badou's last 4 performances have been solid world level and he gave De Gale a hell of a hard night last time. We dont know how Badou will handle the step up to 175 but he seems like he was really hurting getting down to SM so that would suggest he'l be solid come fight night.

My main reason for opposing Clev is that he is incredibly easy to hit. He has a reasonable chin but i think he is about shot and not interested much anymore. Got 3/1 on Jack stoppage which i think is more than fair as i think he hits consistently and solidly enough to have a chance at stopping Clev late.
Report wisewords August 23, 2017 4:22 AM BST
Jack by stoppage is buying currency.
Report GRANTCKING August 23, 2017 4:00 PM BST
jack on points imo
Report scamboogah August 24, 2017 12:47 PM BST
Jack is not exactly a big puncher ( though DG's dentist might say otherwise). Cleverly has heart and a high work rate, definitely a better work rate than Jack. Being a Mayweather promotion and the way they cried foul after his last fight, Jack on points is the likely outcome for me.
Report n88uk August 24, 2017 1:20 PM BST
Clev looked awful recently imo. Even in that last fight vs Braemher it was an awful fight with a lot of crap arm punches being thrown until Braehmer threw in the towel. I haven't seen anything since Cleverly lost to Kovalev that makes me can win here.
Report n88uk August 24, 2017 1:21 PM BST
*makes me think he can win here.
Report Des Pond August 25, 2017 6:15 PM BST
I've got Jack in a multiple with Borrega, Tabiti, Mayweather and Davis (I did say I wsn't interested in the circus fight, but the price was attractive to boost the multi). Only pays 2/1, not great, but should come in. Also have Aleem and Derevyanchenko in a double. I think they will both be stoppages, but can't find a "method" market on those fights.
Report Geesyerdosh August 26, 2017 12:53 AM BST
Davis missed weight by 2 pounds and stripped of title. Another Broner.
Report Des Pond August 26, 2017 12:57 PM BST
Aleem got KO'd, so that's my double up the spout. Aleem is good offensively, but his defence is terrible. Sad Better luck for my 5-fold, I hope. Scared
Report Des Pond August 26, 2017 1:05 PM BST
Davis only just made the weight for the Liam Walsh fight, so it's not that surprising. He was always going to have to move up a division. I still think he'll carry the power, but he will need to work on a few things, particularly defence and footwork.
Report Des Pond August 27, 2017 1:34 AM BST
Borrego got UD'd so that's my 5-fold fecked already. Sad  Other 4 bound to win now. Grin
Report tobermory August 27, 2017 3:15 AM BST
Backed Cleverly 4.8
Report wisewords August 27, 2017 3:37 AM BST
might aswell have set your money on fire^
Report wisewords August 27, 2017 3:38 AM BST

Aug 22, 2017 -- 10:22PM, wisewords wrote:

Jack by stoppage is buying currency.

currency bought.

Report Des Pond August 27, 2017 3:41 AM BST
Never rated Cleverly even 4/5 years ago, fully expected Jack to stop him.
Report tobermory August 27, 2017 3:46 AM BST
total beatdown
Report Des Pond August 27, 2017 8:17 AM BST

Aug 26, 2017 -- 7:34PM, Des Pond wrote:

Borrego got UD'd so that's my 5-fold fecked already.   Other 4 bound to win now.

Knew that would happen. Laugh

Report scamboogah August 27, 2017 12:53 PM BST
good call DES & JD, fair play to ye.
Report Des Pond August 27, 2017 2:08 PM BST
Thanks Scamboo Happy
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now