Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
OwnBrain
10 Aug 17 11:09
| Topic/replies: 1,324 | Blogger: OwnBrain's blog
Thought Marquez was having a farewell fight
Bradley had a fight left in him imo.But i suppose
his TV work will over any purse's.Paquaio still
going after the Re-Match with Horn a true warrior.
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Juan Manuel Marquez and Tim Bradley...
Show More
Report tobermory August 13, 2017 4:31 PM BST
I always liked Bradley .

First heard of him when he came over to fight Witter in May 2008 . It was being presented as a fight for Witter to get his recognition high enough (it was Live ITV1) to make a Hatton fight inevitable .

Bradley was just the no name opponent . He was 11/2 with Skybet . I looked at his record though and it seemed he had paid his dues to get the mandatory shot and was not just a cherry pick so i backed him.

Going into the 12th i wasn't scoring it, but figured it was close with judges likely to favour Witter and i assumed the odds were close to Evens but i glanced on this forum and saw Bradley was 1.18 IR ! I hadn't been planning to lay off but i thought i had to with those odds but rushed it and fked up ; when it suspended i realized i'd accidentally backed Bradley with about £500 @1.16 Cry

Massive relief when he won a split .

After that i thought he was very good for years and never got much recognition . He was beating opponents of a similar level to Thurman or Khan but never was on their level as far as most thought. He really should have been given credit for being the 1st to beat Pacquiao for 8 years but instead there was all the rubbish about the decision being wrong .Tim never had the sort of personality outside of fighting to assert himself in the media imo and so people will just recall he was given a gift decision due to a fix, and so his rep will be lower than it ought to.
Report OwnBrain August 13, 2017 7:04 PM BST
I remember him going on about the big names will have to aknowledge me soon
i just need to keep winning.Not sure exactly when but it's on youtube.Only
lost to Pac some achievement.May have seen a Vargas re-match if he had a belt.
Report Rueben August 19, 2017 10:35 AM BST
Shocked
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now