Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
wisewords
02 Jul 17 05:36
| Topic/replies: 419,144 | Blogger: wisewords's blog
Into the 8th, Pacman is in trouble but is still trying to fight back into the contest.

I have it 5-2 Horn after 7 rounds.
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Pacquiao v Horn
Show More
Report wisewords July 2, 2017 5:44 AM BST
5-4 after 9.
Report wisewords July 2, 2017 5:47 AM BST
6-4 Horn after 10.
Report wisewords July 2, 2017 5:48 AM BST
this ref is very strange.
Report wisewords July 2, 2017 5:49 AM BST
6-5 Horn after 11.
Report wisewords July 2, 2017 5:53 AM BST
close last round but I give it to Horn. 7-5 Horn.
Report wisewords July 2, 2017 5:55 AM BST
the way the ref was talking to Horn I don't have much faith in the judges. apparently the US TV have Pacquiao the clear winner by a mile. we'll find out now
Report wisewords July 2, 2017 5:56 AM BST
117-111
115-113
115-113

to Horn. faith restored in the judges!
Report wisewords July 2, 2017 5:57 AM BST
GO ON THE HORNET HORN!!!!!!!!!!
Report wisewords July 2, 2017 5:58 AM BST
Pacquiao gubbed:

1.20              £5,822
1.21              £4,403
1.22              £5,696
1.23              £8,481
1.24              £54,389
1.25              £282,304
1.26             £169,764
1.27             £109,961
1.28              £16,685
Report wisewords July 2, 2017 5:59 AM BST
When you score a fight to the underdog, there's always a danger the judges will screw them. But they didn't tonight, they were fair!!!!
Report Joel July 2, 2017 6:01 AM BST
Just turned it on here in the States and the commentator reckons he didnt deservce it?
Report wisewords July 2, 2017 6:03 AM BST
Joel. the US commentators are totally biased. they only want "their" fighters to win, the ones who they've got signed to their channels. Horn won that fight clearly. You can see my posts how I scored it. The ref was acting very weirdly also, trying to make it seem like Manny was winning when he clearly wasn't.
Report Joel July 2, 2017 6:03 AM BST
They are seething Excited
Report wisewords July 2, 2017 6:12 AM BST
Yeah because their mealticket fighters just lost his World Title and they haven't got anyone of equal popularity to replace him to draw the ratings.
Report wisewords July 2, 2017 6:20 AM BST
what are they saying exactly? they mentioned on the Uk broadcast that the American TV had Pacquiao winning the fight by a large margin. I disagreed massively but was still very worried the judges would go with the "big name" because they were obliged to. I was really pleased to see they scored it fairly
Report henryluca July 2, 2017 6:22 AM BST
Curiously Pacman was 1.25/1.26--seemingly a gift-- perhaps the US commentators sucked into those oddsShocked
Report wisewords July 2, 2017 6:23 AM BST
I had no vested interest in the fight. Read my posts back and you can clearly see that Horn was winning. The US comms just crying that they might not have a job next week.
Report henryluca July 2, 2017 6:24 AM BST
wisewords

Would be interested in how you would have framed the market pre fight--are you of the opinion Pacmans price suspiciously generous
Report wisewords July 2, 2017 6:26 AM BST
I haven't seen Pacquiao box much at all lately, so I had no real opinion on the fight beforehand. I know laat time I saw Pacquiao he wasn't his super amazing best, so I just went into this one with an open mind. I've never seen Horn box before tonight. I just judged it on what I was seeing. I bet on & watch a hell of alot of boxing so I knew my opinion wouldn't be too far off the mark.
Report wisewords July 2, 2017 6:27 AM BST
age gets them all in the end, even the best ones!
Report henryluca July 2, 2017 6:27 AM BST
Very well done on your commentary
Report wisewords July 2, 2017 6:30 AM BST
Thank you. Pacquiao had a pretty strong 9th round. Did you see the ref come to the corner at the end of the 9th and say he was gonna stop the fight? In his words "haven't you had enough?"... I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Then Horn goes and wins the 10th and the ref tries to do the same thing again! But Horn's cornermen all told him to take a hike!
Report EastLower Gooner July 2, 2017 6:33 AM BST
ESPN has Pacquiao 6-1 up after 7 so switched to box nation

I had it the other way :o
Report Joel July 2, 2017 6:33 AM BST
They all said that Pacman won, that Horn won because he showed guts and that its like 'everyone gets a prize day' or something like that. There's some stuff on twitter
Report wisewords July 2, 2017 6:40 AM BST
The US guys knew Pacquiao was on the way out. They had a plan all setup for him to fight their guy Timothy Bradley later in the year, and Bradley would 99% chance (imo) won it. As you could see from tonight, Pacquiao struggled to maintain a high workrate because he's got older and probably spends less time training due to his political career. The US guys will be seething because there will be no big "pass the torch" moment between their guy and Pacquiao because Horn already took the moment.
Report tobermory July 2, 2017 8:53 PM BST
I lumped on Pacquiao @1.25 Cry

Watched it today and can't see what the fuss is about .All i saw was Horn marching forward , landing significant shots regulary . Pacquiao was coming back with something in each round but rarely seemed to get the better of anything.

I only saw 2 rounds i could confidently give to Manny . Can't believe people saying robbery , if anything the 117-111 judge was closest .

Can't imagine anyone was excited about him fighting Bradley yet again. A money spinner would have been Thurman,Spence or maybe Garcia.

I don't think Teddy Atlas was trying to help set that up as he ain't that sort of guy but i felt he got into Jim Watt mode early on , calling the fight he was expecting to see , not what was happening.
Report Joel July 2, 2017 9:05 PM BST
I'm in Las Vegas at the moment, I just turned the TV on right at the end and saw the decision, wish i was downstairs in the bar to see the reacation but didnt realise it was on so early. Nice to hear that some people who are not biased agree with the result Excited
Report wisewords July 2, 2017 11:21 PM BST

Jul 2, 2017 -- 2:53PM, tobermory wrote:

I lumped on Pacquiao @1.25 Watched it today and can't see what the fuss is about .All i saw was Horn marching forward , landing significant shots regulary . Pacquiao was coming back with something in each round but rarely seemed to get the better of anything.I only saw 2 rounds i could confidently give to Manny . Can't believe people saying robbery , if anything the 117-111 judge was closest .Can't imagine anyone was excited about him fighting Bradley yet again. A money spinner would have been Thurman,Spence or maybe Garcia.I don't think Teddy Atlas was trying to help set that up as he ain't that sort of guy but i felt he got into Jim Watt mode early on , calling the fight he was expecting to see , not what was happening.

> Apologies tobes, I made an error in my post. The US guys wanted Pacman to win so they could setup a fight between him and unbeaten Terence Crawford, not Timothy Bradley. Just wanted to clear that up.

Report henryluca July 3, 2017 10:25 AM BST
I lumped on Pacquiao @1.25 Cry

I got to the point of thinking about it---then applied the 'too good to be true' rule of life---phew!
Report Des Pond July 3, 2017 6:38 PM BST
Incidentally, Crawford is scheduled to face Julius Indongo in August. Indongo is big and strong at the weight, and awkward, but I can't see Crawford having any real problems with him.
Report wisewords July 3, 2017 10:59 PM BST
Yes Des, and then the plan was for a big champion v champion fight between Pacman and Crawford in the fall, with Crawford expected to win. A so-called passing the torch fight. Horn winning has scuppered that.
Report Topboys July 6, 2017 9:51 AM BST
Was on holiday so missed this fight. The US commentary (as already pointed out) was ridiculous. Horn was landing big shots and they were just saying how wild he was Scared
Report Joel July 11, 2017 12:08 AM BST
I see the review also judged the Hornet the winner Crazy
Report wisewords July 11, 2017 8:58 PM BST
Cool they had the same score as myself also.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now