Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Big Black Cat
10 Jun 18 13:49
| Topic/replies: 762 | Blogger: Big Black Cat's blog
So where will he be standing, and at what fee?  Coolmore rumoured to have already paid $60m with additions to be added for winning the Preakness and Belmont.  This has been denied of course.

WinStar are also pary owners, and you'd think they'd like to stand him too.

What's not to like?  A very good looking horse by Scat Daddy, who's won the Triple Crown.....the only negative was he didn't run at two.....but plenty of Scat Daddy's do of course.

I personally think Coolmore are so desperate to keep the Scat Daddy line going as an outcross for those Galileo/Danehill mares that they will go pretty much all in to get this lad.  I'm thinking its going to cost them North of $100M.

I bet the owners are smiling for lots of reasons this morning :-)
Share |
Show More
Report scaredmoney June 11, 2018 8:36 AM BST
Got him "cheap" aswell didnt  they? Half a million dollars from memory.....quite the bargain
Report Eont June 11, 2018 9:27 AM BST
Why did he not run at 2?
This is becoming very common for his trainer.
Is this anything to do with changes in medication rules?
Report STELLAR MANIPULATOR June 11, 2018 10:55 PM BST
Am reliably informed he will stand for Coolmore as an important outcross as BBC says for Galileo mares
Report roadrunner46 June 12, 2018 8:10 PM BST
this is a very astute move by coolmore and shows why they are one of the best breeding operations in the business, after buying up the best sprinting fillys in recent years, meccas angel and marsha.
Report Big Black Cat June 12, 2018 8:35 PM BST
The Lads certainly know the time of day, and back their judgement with cold, hard cash.  Its easy to be critical, but if they had a few less Galileos on the farm, life may be a bit easier, and cheaper....

I wonder if the thawing of relations between Coolmore and Godolphin will mean a mutually beneficial swap of coverings to Galileo and Dubawi (or even Shamardal)?
Report neill d June 12, 2018 9:00 PM BST
Dubawi not getting Classic horses or 2yos would limit their interest a bit I'd say, good sire as he is.
Report kincsem June 13, 2018 4:19 PM BST
I think Justify does not have a good dam line, and often good sires have a good dam line.
I think Johannesburg,. sire of Scat Daddy, does have a better dam line.
But it is a business.
They will get their money back quickly, and there will always be customers for a triple crown winner.
Justify is 17 years younger than Galileo.
They still need to get a European sire to replace Galileo.

In Justify the 4 x4 Yarn and Preach is very interesting, and For The Moment, and the four lines of Nijinsky.
Three daughters of Mr Prospector in the pedigree must also be a plus.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now