Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Big Black Cat
12 Apr 18 19:06
| Topic/replies: 762 | Blogger: Big Black Cat's blog
Have I missed something here?  Won a couple of 2 yo 5F Group 3 races.  Didn't train on.  From a decent enough family but nothing outstanding?

Yet his first few winners have been greeted with Frankelesque fanfares.

A cheap source of 2 yo speed, nothing more, nothing less?

Bemused.com
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Bungle InTheJungle
Show More
Report ovalu April 13, 2018 11:07 PM BST
Well BBC I don't think anyone's expecting classic winners,  but on the other hand, despite being a big (apparently goodlooking) horse and a late foal he hit the track almost before his second birthday, ran 9 times at 2, winning 4, I wouldn't necessarily knock a colt trained  in this manber for not training on, Sire a G1 sprinter, damsire a  G1 sprinter, half brother a G1 sprinter, family full of speed, runners hitting the track early, you could argue he could make a good sire of sprinters!
Report Big Black Cat April 14, 2018 1:18 PM BST
Fair enough ovalu-points very much taken.

I must admit I'm more of an 'owner/breeder' type of breeder (I would be if I could afford it anyway) so whilst I can see he has obvious speed, and would get sharp early types, I'm not sure he would be for me.
Report Eont April 16, 2018 11:00 AM BST
Is the weather another factor. Holding up horses and also trainers not wanting to run anything decent as of yet.
Report jockeyhunter April 16, 2018 11:42 AM BST
i would say thats a fair statement Eont, especially any with Royal Ascot aspirations as you would expect good ground by then. The small shares i have in some two year olds, non of them have seen a grass gallop so far, so a little behind compared to normal
Report jockeyhunter April 18, 2018 1:34 PM BST
Two in the 5.45 kempton race this evening. the great names jungle inthebungle and Geography Teacher.
The one that interests me is geography teacher at 10-1. Its raced better than the bare result at Doncaster, i like the way Roger fell lets his horses progress with racing, i expect this horse to have learnt a lot from day one. Also the Bungles seem to run very well on the all weather. So i am having a juicy bet on Geography teacher today.

The other roger fell horse i like today is Florencio in the 8.15 kemp. convinced better horse going right handed
Report Big Black Cat April 19, 2018 8:11 PM BST
By heck.  I wonder how long it took them to figure the name Jungle IntheBungle.....
Report jockeyhunter April 20, 2018 12:07 PM BST
i was taking the **** BBC. i hated geography
Report jockeyhunter April 20, 2018 12:08 PM BST
i was taking the **** BBC. i hated geography
Report ovalu May 3, 2018 10:18 PM BST
He keeps bungleing in the winners!
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now