Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
doncaster rover
04 Apr 18 11:48
| Topic/replies: 312 | Blogger: doncaster rover's blog
Don’t know anything about the breeding part of Racehorse so this is my question I own a total of 41.25% in two Casamento fillies Castle Hill Cassie and Made Of Honour Cassie has won 3 races rated 84 M O H won four and rated 81 would there be much interest in a sales ring as 4 year olds with a view to breeding with them they are both fit and well and still racing.i have no say in what the very capable syndicate managers do .Im just curious
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Casamento fillies for brood mares
Show More
Report yer ma April 4, 2018 4:37 PM BST
Right now after winning those races the fillies are worth c.15-30k each.   December time retired or HIT unless they have done very well (90+) or very regressive I'd guess at 12-20k as potential broodmares (I'm guessing they are ok looking from the relatively high - for casamentos - yearling prices, family's are ok).  The Cassie one's sister (rated 60-odd) sold in Feb for 26k and your's is worth at least that I'd say.

Depends how progressive but its not unheard of nowadays that fillies like this can have a racing future on the aw/dirt somewhere hot - be it Qatar . saudi or even better racing in US.  In which case value could be good bit higher.  GL
Report truehoncho April 4, 2018 5:16 PM BST
I haven't really got an answer for you DR but I would love to breed MOH to Monsieur Bond.
Report doncaster rover April 27, 2018 6:50 PM BST
Well not been on here for a bit had a holiday abroad then a long spell in hospital,not had any runners bought into a gelding 2 y o by Muckadram and a 2 y o colt by Lawman Made Of Honour is at my ocal track Doncaster and if it was good or even good to soft I genuinely think she would be a good thing.but it’s not so my bet is to be cut in half remember she was second to Benbatle last yearKevin Ryan’s horse murdered my Rey Loopy at Newcastle when I was on big,She rates the danger,don’t miss my Cassie next Tuesday,also my 3y o eluding by bated breath on same day,he’s one to watch for another day ,I’ll be in Benidorm on Tuesday so won’t be able to comment good or bad ,but in brief a fifty pound double  M O H and Cassie on Tuesday could net you 1,5 k plus,thank me next week
Report doncaster rover April 29, 2018 9:52 PM BST
Withdrawn due to the going found out just before the second race,so watched the second race and then left the track as the track is not wheel chair friendly so if I don’t need to be on a track then I very rarely will be.Any way all moneys returned and we live to fight another day,She May be out at Wetherby on Saturday but strongly suspect the going to be soft to heavy there as well,suspect she will be back on the all weather for her next run
Report doncaster rover May 13, 2018 2:36 PM BST
Both ran in the same race at Wetherby and both ran poorly hoping the ground was a bit sticky for them as I thought both should of had a excellent chance
Report Big Black Cat May 14, 2018 11:02 AM BST
Great boost for Casamento with his first G1 winner in the Pouliches this weekend!
Report doncaster rover May 18, 2018 4:57 PM BST
Quite happy with Castle Hill Cassies second in second in a class three at York,so near but so far
Report sageform May 19, 2018 3:12 PM BST
Communique an important winner for Casamento today.
Report doncaster rover July 5, 2018 1:14 PM BST
I thought Castle Hill Cassie was going to win at York on Saturday 30/06/18 thought the win might have put a little bit of value on her as a broodmare ,she really does need to come fast and late to be seen to best effect she must have been 3 or 4 lengths clear 3 furlongs out and got collared with 50 yards to go to say I was livid is an understatement. Did any one see the race and if so do you think I am being unreasonable,the instructions were challenge for the lead at around a furlong out
Report River Verdon July 6, 2018 9:25 AM BST
I haven't seen the race and to a point jockey instructions are irrelevant.  Listen to after race interviews and you will get as many 'it wasn't our intention to lead' as you will get the jockey followed our instructions to the tee. i would take the view that your horse ran a great race and be happy, to be livid is an emotion you can well do without. Always try and see the positive.

On a separate note I always enjoy your posts and follow your horses. Did u buy into the nathaniel filly ? I have had a very little interest in a few horses but find the training fees/rewards difficult to justify.
Report sageform July 13, 2018 3:12 PM BST
Communique another good advert for Casamento.
Report doncaster rover August 18, 2018 4:37 PM BST
Castle Hill Cassie going for her first attempt to get some black type Sunday 15/35 Pontefract got it all to do as a very hot race ,will be there cheering her on and hoping for a place
Report Big Black Cat August 19, 2018 4:34 PM BST
Congratulations Doncaster Rover!  Black type well and truly bagged!  Do you still have the mare?  Hope so!
Report yer ma August 19, 2018 5:44 PM BST
It was bought not bred.  Regardless that is some result, well done - I'd get that Dec sale entry quick smart and listen to offers in the meantime!
Report truehoncho August 19, 2018 6:02 PM BST
Hi DR. That's a great result. I'm sure you will get her in foal to a nice stallion next year and sell at a premium. You will get any stallion you want and with some good advice she will be very desirable. Well done.
Report Posh Paddy August 19, 2018 8:07 PM BST
What a great result DR, delighted for you.  I hope your successful chase for blacktype is financially rewarded in due course as I seem to remember you own a decent chunk of her. Cool
Report Big Black Cat August 19, 2018 10:56 PM BST
PP, DR says about 41% in his opening gambit.  That's great news for him.  One only wishes that one had the same percentage worth of Marsha (instead of 0%).

I have to say I am genuinely pleased for you DR.  Unlike my good self you put your money where your mouth is.  And I hope you will be handsomely rewarded with a big profit.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now