Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
sageform
14 Mar 18 15:24
| Topic/replies: 11,455 | Blogger: sageform's blog
After a demolition job in the RSA today, could this Presenting Percy go on to win a Gold Cup? He looks pretty special.
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Sir Percy to sire a Gold Cup winner?
Show More
Report Big Black Cat March 15, 2018 10:57 AM GMT
He was very impressive-cruised round the whole way and quickened up nicely.
Report dominion March 15, 2018 5:23 PM GMT
Sir Percy as a stallion is quite enigmatic.In the sense that you are not quite sure what you are going to get, when you send a mare to him.
Report potentialmillionaire March 15, 2018 6:11 PM GMT
Absolutely dominion. I don't see him as a place to head for to sire a Cheltenham Gold Cup winner but he might just have done it. Although he is now getting on he still has potential to improve his record quite a bit I think.
Someone needs to discover how to get the best from him!
At least he is as commercial now he has ever been so he might get a few more chances.
Report sageform March 17, 2018 12:32 PM GMT
He was a better 2yo than a lot of Derby winners so he does get milers from the right mares.
Report dominion March 17, 2018 1:57 PM GMT
I can vouch for that Sage.I bred a stakes winner by him over a mile this year in the US.
Report sageform March 18, 2018 11:46 AM GMT
Nice one. Do you get breeders prizes over there?
Report dominion March 18, 2018 1:29 PM GMT
Good question.I don't think so.Pleasant surprise if I do.Just pleased that the mare has produced a black type winner from her first foal.
Report sageform March 18, 2018 2:00 PM GMT
Absolutely but breeders prizes can amount to quite a lot as I'm sure you know. I had a share in a horse called Jefferies who was bred by Robert Chugg and when he won one of his chases at Taunton, I had some guests with me and Robert insisted on buying us a bottle of bubbly. His breeders prize was well into 3 figures as I recall.
Report dominion March 19, 2018 7:47 PM GMT
Back in the day they were very nice prizes. We have the 10 plus scheme now, as you know, to compensate.I still prefer the old way though.
Report ffs April 13, 2018 2:24 PM BST
Might Bite / Presenting Percy - dare I say they take probably more after their damsire ? ..

w Might Bite, to me, he is all Presenting but a touch of Montjeu about him also.

Don't know enough about Sir Percy to comment, - is he in the mould of his Sire ?
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now