Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
sageform
09 Feb 18 20:00
| Topic/replies: 11,455 | Blogger: sageform's blog
Still very early days but a burst of wins for Dark Angel this week brings him to 10 so far with Kodiac and Exceed and Excel on 9 each. Same names at the top although Dubawi is only on 2 so far-not an AW sire.
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View GB flat sires table 2018
Show More
Report sageform February 14, 2018 7:54 PM GMT
Now a 5 way tie for the lead on 10 wins each.
Kodiac, Exceed and Excel, Dark Angel, Poets Voice and Invincible Spirit. Poets Voice the only one that has not been in the top 10 before.
Report potentialmillionaire February 15, 2018 2:27 PM GMT
Thank you once again Sage for embarking on your odyssey this time for 2018, as always I find it most informative.

For instance, what are we to make of the winners machine that is Poet's Voice? Can he gain an increase in popularity given that he actually produces what the breeding game was designed to achieve?
Report sageform February 17, 2018 4:38 PM GMT
As a well bred son of Dubawi, I am surprised that PV is so reasonably priced. Kodiac back in front today with Reckless Endeavor so now on 12. Thanks pot, I did wonder if anyone was still reading my ramblings.
Report dominion February 25, 2018 6:55 PM GMT
Very helpful information Sage.Can you tell me how Delegator is doing as a sire ? Thanks.
Report sageform February 26, 2018 9:07 AM GMT
GB only data. (If you want GB and Ireland look elsewhere). Delegator 13 in first season 2016, 23 in 2017 and 7 so far in 2018. Steady but not spectacular progress. Dragon Pulse is the leading younger sire this year to date with 11. Galileo only 2 so far but never gets many on the AW.
Report dominion February 27, 2018 3:20 PM GMT
Thank you very much Sage.Why this information isn't more readily available within the industry is a mystery to me.
Report blackbarn February 27, 2018 8:49 PM GMT
Isn't this info available on the Racing Post Sire stats?     Or is that subscribers only?
Report dominion March 1, 2018 4:04 PM GMT
Correct.It used to be. But not anymore.
Report sageform March 9, 2018 11:27 AM GMT
It is available on the RP site but unless you record it daily as I do, there is no site that I know of that separates GB from Irish sire data. To check my figures I have to go to Bloodstock, Stallions, choose the sire, filter for year and then look at every horse that won from the list and check that they won on a GB track as the list lumps together all progeny that won wherever the course was.
Report Ile Postino March 10, 2018 11:46 AM GMT
Does this help?
https://www.arion.co.nz/LeadingSires/LeadingSires.aspx

If you go to the Leading sires tab at the top you can filter per individual country, and season.
Report kincsem March 10, 2018 1:41 PM GMT
Ile Postino
Thank for that great link. Love
Report sageform March 11, 2018 6:20 PM GMT
Wow! Thanks. How did you find that one?
Report Ile Postino March 12, 2018 8:16 PM GMT
I have had a few dealings with Arion through work and found them pretty good and reliable. It's quite handy for keeping track of worldwide information without having to pay for it! Also interesting to follow how well certain sires do in different countries, like Exceed And Excel in Hong Kong....one assumes down to fast ground, flat tracks....
Report sageform March 13, 2018 10:48 AM GMT
Very useful site. The British and Irish breeders have always resisted any separation of data so it takes an overseas site to produce it.
Report truehoncho March 13, 2018 6:53 PM GMT
Thanks Ile Postino much appreciated, and of course yourself Sageform. RP should be ashamed of itself for putting sire stats for members only. I pay for the paper (I don't thin I will any more) and I don't get them there either.
Report truehoncho March 13, 2018 6:56 PM GMT
even more impressed. It has second season and 3yo sire tables. I don't think the RP had them.
Report sageform March 14, 2018 1:04 PM GMT
I am reduntant now thenHappy But wait, does it separate AW and turf and monthly data as well?
Report johnnythebull March 21, 2018 11:08 AM GMT
Report sageform March 30, 2018 5:49 PM BST
Dark Angel briefly drew level with Kodiac but 2 more today restored a Kodiac lead of 21-19
Report sageform April 5, 2018 7:55 AM BST
Big surprise to me among the top 20 is Delegator now on 12 wins so far this year. Are his progeny suited by the AW or is this a breakthrough season?
Report dominion April 10, 2018 2:06 PM BST
Hi Sageform, I think he has something of Sir Percy's profile.In that he can get you a variety of horses, over a a range of distances.Again like Percy, they improve with time.Unfortunately, I think he will run out of ammunition as the season wears on, but it's nice to see him have his moment in the spot light.PS.I think he had a Listed placed horse in France a few days ago.
Report dominion April 10, 2018 2:09 PM BST
I should have made it clearer, that the reason for his current success, is I believe, he has 3 and 4 yr olds running for him now,not just two yr olds.Older,stronger, quicker.
Report sageform April 12, 2018 8:36 AM BST
Sure you are right about the older horses but Frankel should also benefit from 2 older crops yet he has just 2 wins so far as they don't often race on the AW and the turf flat season seems to ended before it had begunSad Here we are at April 12 and still no turf flat before Monday at the earliest.
Report sageform April 25, 2018 10:52 AM BST
With some turf under their feet, some Frankel offspring are winning races. Now 5 wins in April in GB plus some nice wins in Ireland and France. Dubawi is another who is really flying now on turf with 7 in April. At the top it is:

Kodiac 26
Dark Angel 25
Invincible Spirit 23
Exceed and Excel 22
Poets Voice 21

Top Derby winning sire by some way is New Approach on 16 from Sir Percy 12. Galileo has just 2 which emphasizes that Irish racing is very different to GB.
Report Koo.... May 1, 2018 3:14 PM BST
Just looking at these and even tho Kodiac is still leading on 31 winners (im including ireland) he has had 319 runners which is 74 more runners more than 2nd most running sire Dark Angel and the 3rd has only had 200 runners so far.  Shows just how many runners he has on the ground Kodiac.   btw if you had had £1 on every runner your losing 82 at betfair SP
Report sageform May 2, 2018 7:58 AM BST
Thanks Koo, I am not suggesting that anyone follows the top sires blind. As you say, some of them have an awful lot of runners. You can with experience narrow them down though. I very rarely bet any horse on the flat that has run more than 10 times in its career as the form book should tell you what it can do and pedigree has very little to add. Low grade sprint handicaps have around 12 runners in each and most of the horses win in their turn so the win percentage will be around 8%.
Report Koo.... May 2, 2018 1:09 PM BST
It was just an addition as i was looking at some stats.   Im happy to put anymore from tome to time if anyone asks.  I did look quicky at which damsires had had most winners, but it was dominated by the likes of Galileo and Pivotal as they have massive numbers of runners.
Report roadrunner46 May 7, 2018 3:53 PM BST
a 2nd in the guineas for dark angel, amazing result, kodiac always keeps dark angel from getting to the number 1 spot with all those 2yo winners, none of them are ever top classCry
Report sageform May 8, 2018 10:23 AM BST
Dark Angel actually ahead of Kodiac for GB wins this year but the lead changes every few days. Invincible Spirit close behind.
Report sageform May 16, 2018 4:01 PM BST
A treble in 45 minutes for Dark Angel. George Bowen, Harry Angel and Navajo Storm. Now on 40 for the year and 13 for May!
Report sageform May 23, 2018 4:45 PM BST
Back comes Kodiac with 5 wins in 2 days. Now on 45 for the year and Dark Angel is on 43.
Report sageform May 24, 2018 12:05 PM BST
I notice that the RP have finally separated GB sire stats from GB and Iralnd but it is only the annual list so I will continue to keep monthly ones.
Report sageform June 4, 2018 8:06 PM BST
Kodiac still flying along with 6 more wins in June already and now on 58 for 2018, 11 clear of Dark Angel and 18 ahead of Exceed and Excel in third.
Report sageform June 17, 2018 4:10 PM BST
Sunsprite the latest Kodiac 2yo to win a valuable race at Salisbury today. Nytaleti beat Billesdon Brook last year!
Report sageform June 19, 2018 6:01 PM BST
Two royal Ascot wins for Frankel including the St James' Palace. Third season sires are all in a heap in terms of GB wins but Frankel well clear for prize money with Cracksman still to come:

Mayson 29
Bated Breath 26
Frankel 25
Nathaniel 25
Dragon Pulse 24
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now