Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Big Black Cat
23 Jan 18 11:57
| Topic/replies: 762 | Blogger: Big Black Cat's blog
If anyone is interested

CIRCLE OF STARS c (Magician x Stars Above Me)...first foal of a stakes winning mare
KEYHAVEN f (Ravens Pass x New Fforest) mare is a winning daughter of Elites foundation mare FFESTINIOG
LORETTA f (Iffraaj x Marlinka) full sister to useful sprinter JUDICIAL, and half sister to others including MARSHA
MON FRERE c (Pour Moi x Sistine) bred on very similar lines to Camelot
SINCERITY f (Iffraaj x Affinity) half sister to ZEST out of a Sadlers Wells half sister to SOVIET SONG
SHINING SEA f (Sea The Stars x Shamwari Lodge) purchased at Book one for G100K.

Some of these are going nicely at an early stage.  Some still in pre-training. Some will need more time. Just your usual bunch of two year old then!

If I had to pick one to look out for based on what I've heard so far it would be KEYHAVEN who according to her trainer 'does everything very easily and is a quick learner'. Longer term, MON FRERE is reportedly a wonderful mover who will need time according to the Baronet (who knows about these things).
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Elite 2yo Names 2018
Show More
Report sageform March 18, 2018 2:02 PM GMT
Could we have an update BBC? Loretta looks the most precocious on paper.
Report Big Black Cat March 18, 2018 6:38 PM GMT
Circle of Stars and Sincerity will be joining their trainers shortly.
Loretta is an April foal and a little immature and is being given time to mature and strengthen.
Mon Frère is being sent away for a few weeks to strengthen and mature.
Keyhaven is doing a couple of canters a day and going well.
Shining Sea is doing a bit more and will be starting off over 7f.

That about sums it up so far.
Report sageform March 19, 2018 7:57 AM GMT
Sound like none of them will be early 2yo's. Any maiden 3yo's to look out for?
Report Big Black Cat March 19, 2018 11:50 AM GMT
Doesn't look like it.  There's a few unraced 3 yo's and although there's no massive buzz for any of them MAGISTRATE would be the pick as he's a CAPE CROSS half brother to MARSHA.
Report Big Black Cat March 24, 2018 6:36 PM GMT
HARMONICA (Pivotal ex Affinity) won an apprentice race at Lingfield very easily yesterday-much to my surprise.  Lets just say, the news around the horse was not entirely positive.

Affinity is a Sadler's Wells half sister to both Soviet Song and Sister Act (Dam of Ribbons G1/G2W).  She has a 2yo by Iffraaj in training with James Fanshawe (Sincerity), and has just foaled a colt by Lope de Vega, and is also the dam of the Listed placed Zest (by Duke of Marmalade).

Its the tried and tested family again.  Being by Pivotal she could prove to be a decent addition to the broodmare band one day.
Report sageform March 25, 2018 12:31 PM BST
As you say good pedigrees often come out eventually.
Report Big Black Cat March 25, 2018 5:35 PM BST
You couldn't have dreamed of the success the club has had from the KALINKA line sageform.  They have been very lucky indeed.
Report sageform March 25, 2018 7:22 PM BST
It is a great strategy to spot a winning dam line. They usually fade after 2 or 3 generations but not always. My favourite is the Meon Valley lines from foundation mares Reprocolor, One In A Million and Odeon bought in 1977. They have produced a string of Group winners of which recent examples are Izzy Top and Jazzi Top. I remember a couple of years when 4 of their youngsters all won first time out (including subsequent Group 1 winner One So Wonderful) at generous odds. Those are the ones I dream about!
Report Big Black Cat March 25, 2018 10:11 PM BST
The Meon Valley Line, is one of the outstanding ones indeed sageform.

Of course, we sadly lost one of the greatest broodmares of modern times recently in Hasili too.
Report Big Black Cat May 14, 2018 11:16 AM BST
An update for those interested

KEYHAVEN is likely to be the first one out, probably in June I'm told.
SHINING STAR will probably be not far behind her.
MON FRERE is having a month off to strengthen up, he will be back in training soon though.
SINCERITY is massive and very immature and needs a lot of time.
LORETTA and CIRCLE OF STARS are going nicely, but will probably be a bit later.

ELITE have been active at the breeze ups and bought a 2yo filly, as yet un-named.  However her third dam is none other the dam of that rather useful Blue Hen HASILI....
Report sageform May 14, 2018 8:28 PM BST
Not many Sea the Stars run over 5 or 6 furlongs. It has been very noticeable how the quality sires have had winners in May so far. Dubawi, STS, Galileo, Teofilo all getting plenty of winners on good ground turf.
Report Big Black Cat May 14, 2018 10:14 PM BST
Indeed the STS filly will be starting off over 7-maybe a bit later than we thought.
Report Big Black Cat June 12, 2018 7:27 PM BST
An update for those interested

KEYHAVEN has been pencilled in for her debut over 6F-she should be out by the end of June.
SHINING STAR will probably be not far behind her, but over 7f. SMP is pleased with her work
MON FRERE is trotting after strengthening up. He will be back end.
SINCERITY is still massive and very immature and still needs a lot of time.
LORETTA is doing well but is not close to running and
CIRCLE OF STARS has been gelded, and is getting over losing his marbles.

We should also be seeing MAGISTRATE by the end of June (Unraced half brother to MARSHA)

Exciting times...
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now