Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
zygote
11 Jan 18 20:17
| Topic/replies: 293 | Blogger: zygote's blog
Pardon my ignorance, but I noticed a mare called Macrame sold by Moyglare Stud last autumn. She had been covered by both Oasis Dream and Kingman. Presumably she was tested as not in foal to OD, but how is anyone sure that the resultant foal will be by Kingman?
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Mare covered by 2 stallions in same...
Show More
Report potentialmillionaire January 11, 2018 9:16 PM GMT
You've got me flummoxed here Zygote. Tested as not in foal to Oasis Dream then what else but Kingman could she be in foal to?
Report proxygene January 11, 2018 9:52 PM GMT
They are all DNA tested on registration just incase OD had a particularly slow but tenacious swimmer?
Report potentialmillionaire January 12, 2018 10:19 AM GMT
Proxy that is a bittersweet memory.

I am reminded of Victoria Wood where she is the teenager covered in goose grease setting out to swim the channel with a duffle bag. A work of laughing and crying genius.

I once had triplets where we reckoned on about a 7 day survival rate for said swimmers. I kept the resulting foal and she always twinned!
Report Big Black Cat January 12, 2018 12:43 PM GMT
Soviet Song was covered by Galileo and Montjeu in her first season at stud.  Sadly she was barren to both coverings.

Who knows how that may have turned out?  But given the record of her two subsequent foals, probably disappointing.

I'm not sure I could have dealt with a Galileo-Soviet Song progeny being a bit average.....?

It would be a bit like having a date with Liz Hurley, only for her to have a headache after you'd taken her to The Ivy.....
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now