Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Big Black Cat
28 Nov 17 11:24
| Topic/replies: 634 | Blogger: Big Black Cat's blog
I do this every year for those who are interested-I will update as we get more news.

The first covering plans are in.

SISTINE (DUBAI DESTINATION X FICKLE) will be covered by GLENEAGLES.  Sistine is a 3/4 sister to the dam of CAMELOT, and has produced 1 winner from 1 runner (inc Listed placed).  She has a filly foal by LOPE DE VEGA and a yearling by POUR MOI (in training with Sir Mark Prescott)

STARS ABOVE ME (EXCEED AND EXCEL X KALINOVA) will be covered by CHURCHILL.  Stars Above Me is a stakes winner out of a half sister to SOVIET SONG and SISTER ACT. She has a yearling colt by MAGICIAN and is in foal to ACCLAMATION.

Again we are spending our cash on some high profile and exciting coverings....getting that GALILEO blood into the broodmare band....

More updates as I have them....
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Elite Racing Club Mating Plans 2018
Show More
Report truehoncho November 28, 2017 5:24 PM GMT
Very nice, a lot to look forward to there BBC. It would be really good to have that quality of mare with covers like that.
Report Big Black Cat November 28, 2017 9:16 PM GMT
Thanks truehoncho.

I just realised that the Churchill x Stars Above Me mating is the famed Galileo x Danehill cross.... sort of....of course Churchill is totally unproven.  I do like Camelot as well.

I'm told Gleneagles has started very well at the sales-foals being well received and making a lot of money. Again though, unproven in the extreme.

I wonder if they are dealing with us because they want MARSHA..... Grin
Report Big Black Cat December 5, 2017 12:46 PM GMT
LATEST UPDATE

MARLINKA (MARJU X BARALINKA) will visit ACCLAMATION.  She's barren to him this year.

This is a bit of a no brainer as the resultant foal will be a FULL SIBLING to MARSHA.

So we have a double option to either keep and race, or sell and make a few quid.

Cant really argue with this one.

The dam is also responsible for JUDICIAL (Ifraaj), MARSEILLE (Excelebration) both winners, and the unraced 2yo MAGISTRATE (Cape Cross) She has a foal by DARK ANGEL.
Report Big Black Cat December 5, 2017 12:53 PM GMT
MARLINKA also has a yearling by Iffraaj in training with Julie Camacho (Full sister to JUDICIAL rated 105)
Report Big Black Cat December 6, 2017 10:00 AM GMT
We might have to hang fire on the Marlinka covering now-especially as we have a few quid extra to spend on nominations now....

That's the word from the racing manager anyway.  So who knows where she'll go now.
Report Big Black Cat December 19, 2017 1:14 PM GMT
Covering update for those interested.

MARLINKA (MARJU x BARALINKA) will be covered by FRANKEL.  She is currently barren to a covering by ACCLAMATION. MALINKA is the dam of JUDICIAL, MARSHA, MARSEILL and MAGISTRATE,

KIND OF HUSH (MARJU x AFFINITY) will be covered by OASIS DREAM.  She is currently in foal to DUTCH ART. KIND OF HUSH has no animals of racing age

CHINA TEA (HIGH CHAPARRAL x MOLASSES) will be covered by SEA THE MOON.  She is currently in foal to ARCHIPENKO. CHINA TEA is the dam of ELGIN

AFFINITY (SADLER'S WELLS X KALINKA) will be covered by SHOWCASING. She is currently in foal to LOPE DE VEGA.  AFFINITY is the dam of the listed placed ZEST, and a half sister to SOVIET SONG and SISTER ACT (dam of RIBBONS and TRIBUTE ACT)

Two new mares will join Elites broodmare band this season.

ZEST (DUKE OF MARMALADE x AFFINITY) will be covered by OASIS DREAM.

ROUBLES (SPEIGHTSTOWN x SOVIET SONG) will be covered by TEOFILIO. ROUBLES is of course the only daughter of Elites star mare.

Some exciting covers there. Frankel? Maybe this will be his really, really good horse LaughLaughLaugh
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now