Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
truehoncho
18 Oct 17 19:54
| Topic/replies: 1,012 | Blogger: truehoncho's blog
High class from a great family. but with his lack of precocity will he be in demand if retired next year?
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Lightning Spear
Show More
Report potentialmillionaire October 19, 2017 2:09 PM BST
Well there's not a great deal racing out from the woodwork is there truehonch.

He is a bit of a hard sell in my view but as ever if he's glorious looking there might be a bit of mileage but I think it's unlikely that they will have a crack.

However, something's got to retire this time and Acclaim looks the hot ticket unless someone pops up with an earlier retiree than we imagined.
Report truehoncho October 19, 2017 9:05 PM BST
Hi PotM, thanks for the reply. I was hoping he may be a little commercial. As you say there isn't much obvious that will be available in the value end of the market and the likes of Mondailiste at £6k makes me nervous. I like LS and I have a mare from the family of Pivotal and thought it may be an angle to try with her.
Havana Gold has obviously done ok and the 2yo's I have seen of his look good. I guess they will push him up to close to £10k. Mayson has followed up reasonably well this year but I have seen a lot of smaller ones by him this year. Heeraat had some nice looking yearlins and had around 120 mares in his 3rd year so may be a 4th season gamble??
I think Bated Breath may still be available next year at around his current fee and I have a feeling next year could be a good year for him.
It would be good to get some opinions for next year from everyone, I think I am going to struggle with my few moderate mares. I may be back to Monsieur Bond. Remember him?
Report potentialmillionaire October 19, 2017 10:31 PM BST
Havana is 15 truehonch.
Aclaim 12500 at the National
Bated needs examination I agree.
Report truehoncho October 19, 2017 10:58 PM BST
I saw Acclaim at HQ last year and have him marked down as good looking so you  may well be interested PotM. From a good family and will be interesting to see how he does with Montjeu mares. A little out of my range I'm afraid. HG at 15k seems a little steep. Not as good as Showcasing who went to that price I seem to remember.
Report yer ma October 20, 2017 1:20 PM BST
After burning plenty with Harbour Watch you'd think they'd be a bit more generous with HG but heyho.  My overall take on Aclaim is/was he's two bad runs from being a hcapper and anything north of 10k is too much.  But NS get solid repeat business regardless and the ferguson thing is smart.  Alarming to me how the foal sales (Tatts / Goffs) are so polarised to UK / Irish.  There are very low no's of 6-12k irish sires at Tatts this year which is clearly manufactured and not a pure supply / demand thing.  The pinhookers are predominantly irish and frequently 'tied' up with irish studs - will they be smashing into the Mukhadrams, Outstrips, Hot Streaks, Casamentos, Harbour watch etc.   I think this is a mistake by Tatts (like they'd care) and makes first season picking even trickier. 

Wouldn't be up for Lighting Spear - not enough pzazz to overcome Pivotal / not 2yo.   Bated Breath will be v busy and hope but doubt they'll leave the fee (in fairness they do price sensibly by comparison)
Report truehoncho October 25, 2017 7:09 PM BST
Ardad is standing at Overbury and is probably another reason to retire them at 2!! By the way does anyone know if Cotai Glory is getting a chance next year? He is a big strong good looking colt that would suit one of mine down to the ground and should be cheap.

I notice Darley have fixed next years fees and moved a few around. No new ones yet for the club though. What about Boynton?
Report Wilycayote October 25, 2017 9:43 PM BST
Ardad has a best RPR of 107. crikey, no thanks.

does anyone know Farhh's approx fertility stats last year or two?
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now