Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
RoyalAcademy
14 Sep 17 16:46
| Topic/replies: 1,300 | Blogger: RoyalAcademy's blog
JSB stands a Bold Ruler-line horse against the market's best advice and wins the G1 National Stakes after a Ballydoyle hotpot is withdrawn. Lucky or what? Will a single swallow make a fortune?

He supported the unknown Fracas last year with up to forty wing-and-a-prayer mares on the basis of one winning two-year-old, Smash Williams. How many self-owned mares thrown at Vocalised? Have all these Irish-sold so-called exported mares ended up in Carlow?

Is Jim the contrarian of insight or merely petulant?

He tried and failed with Last Tycoon and a number of his own stallions (Erin's Isle?) before claiming to be the success behind Galileo.

All one needs in life is a horse coveted by Sheikh Mo and you can write history as the winner.

Thoughts?
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View The Coolcullen Contrarian
Show More
Report workrider September 15, 2017 2:52 PM BST
Didn't Robert Sangster have a big share in Last Tycoon,so to say Jim failed with him is a little below the belt,although I find myself agreeing re Vocalised.
Report RoyalAcademy September 15, 2017 4:51 PM BST
He banked on him at the time he was a Coolmore stallion.
Report zygote September 16, 2017 1:51 PM BST
Bolger has around 75 mares at his Redmondstown Stud. Supporting one or two specific stallions is not a sensible policy, but is bound to produce the OCCASIONAL good horse. Bolger IS a Marmite individual,who I admire as a trainer but not as a breeder.
Report kincsem September 16, 2017 4:42 PM BST
He stood Project Manager afaik.
I have 81 horses on file by Project Manager and one of them, Nordic Project, is rated over 100 (he is 104).  Average rating was 65.

53 of the 81 have the word Project attached to their name.
Just add the word Project to these:
April, Arts, , Ash, Beach, Belle, Blues, Bright, Canadian, Celtic, Country, Dawn, Decent, Derry, Dream, Eastern, Emerald, Erne, Family, Fashion, Festival, Final, Fine, Flying, French, Gaelic, Icy, Kerry,
Latin, Legal, Live, Lively, Malian, Mega, Miami, Mini, Mining, Music, Navan, Nordic, Premier, Quill, River, Russian, Saturday, Shannon, Slaney, Smart, Song, Strong, Time, Tower, Union, Windy
Report kincsem September 18, 2017 11:36 AM BST
I think he did very well in the sale of Margarula, who was bred by Airlie Stud.
On her fourteenth start she won the Irish Oaks at 33/1, stepping up from an RPR of 104 to 118.
Afterwards she stepped back down to an RPR of 97, ran 97 again, and was retired.
I think the sale price might have tipped into seven figures.
Report RoyalAcademy September 21, 2017 10:36 AM BST
Interesting to see that the Grand Old Dame of American racing, Peggy Chenery, has passed away recently at the ripe old age of 95. She was Secretariat's owner (and the brains behind the mating) and the Triple Crown winner was by, coincidentally, Bold Ruler.

You could spend a worse 40 minutes than watching:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtuEoiYiqZw

Looking at all the articles on both human and horse its clear the Americans love their heroes.
Report workrider September 21, 2017 10:11 PM BST
Had a nice chat with Jim yesterday @ Fairy R.A,asked him had he been across the road,said he'd popped across to have a look,I didn't have the heart to ask him if he was still feeling the pain of L.T.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now