Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
roadrunner46
31 Jul 17 12:30
| Topic/replies: 5,635 | Blogger: roadrunner46's blog
does anyone have any idea which stallions will be first season sires in 2018. I'm sure there is somewhere you can find out, don't really know where to look. TIA
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View first season sires 2018 list
Show More
Report proxygene July 31, 2017 12:39 PM BST
Easiest way

http://www.stallionguide.com/home/index.asp

and enter 2015 in year to stud field.
Report roadrunner46 July 31, 2017 11:42 PM BST
very good website bookmarked, thanks. slade power and kingman are the most interesting ones for me, another two sons of dark angel becoming stallions, although those two were a bit weak on the race track for my liking.
Report potentialmillionaire August 1, 2017 5:44 PM BST
RR 46, like Dark Angel perhaps? Devil
Report truehoncho August 1, 2017 7:45 PM BST
I think we may have a bit of a bumper year. I know that most of the studs are looking for new stock (given up on the forlorn hope that proven stallions will outsell new ones). All the ones I liked last year went to Ireland but what about Home of the Brave for a £4k Darley club candidate? By the way if anyone has a third season Outstrip nomination going cheap I would be interested.
Report roadrunner46 August 2, 2017 2:25 AM BST
dark angel, wasn't weak on the race track, middle park group 1 winning 2yoLaugh, kodiac gets lot of 2yo winners, he had a very weak race track record, but hes proven to be a real money spinner for the stud farm, I personally seen that happening a few years ago,
that he was going places stud fee wise, but not necessarily on a scale of the quality of the progeny, that didn't enter my mind, was just thinking in terms of its future potential stud value, kodiac is still not producing enough group 1 horses, I doubt he ever will. happy to be proven wrong.
Report potentialmillionaire August 2, 2017 9:32 AM BST
RR46 yes indeed Dark Angel's half length defeat of Strike The Deal was in a Gp1 and it earned him a rating of 114.

I think his 2 length defeat by Winker Watson, 5 length defeat by Fleeting Spirit and 11 length defeat by New Approach should be considered when assessing his merit though.

Incidentally like everyone else though, and I used him when it was affordable, I have nothing but admiration for him as a sire.
But it is a case with him and Kodiac, that we mustn't be too dogmatic about where we expect these sires to come from!
Report roadrunner46 August 2, 2017 10:17 AM BST
would never of considered those defeats, at any time, when reading the form, I'm looking for the high water marks, also why most of the time, I'm not interested in where horses finish down the field in group 1 races, as to understanding the overall picture of the
form of a race, I know this is common practice and is a well established formula, and seems to prevail in breeding circles too, mostly but not all the time the first 3 home are worthy of consideration. suppose I have a very pragmatic approach to the stallions, I'm interested in.

wouldn't even try to attempt to completely understand where these sires will come from, its too vast a subject. its not important
for me, because I'm not a breeder and never will be. so if some of my ramblings come across as misguided or uninformed, which considering my knowledge about pedigrees, would be a fair assessment. do have my own ways of thinking about things, usually differ
to the more conventional paths of wisdom.
Report potentialmillionaire August 2, 2017 5:08 PM BST
They were his high water marks!
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now