Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
roadrunner46
15 Jul 17 16:46
| Topic/replies: 5,635 | Blogger: roadrunner46's blog
still producing the best sprinters around, perfect ride from the jockey today, harry angel proved hes the number 1Happy
Share |
Show More
Report sageform July 29, 2017 11:57 AM BST
Scat Daddy fans might dispute that but only a small sample racing in GB and Ireland. Of current stallions, Dark Angel, Kodiac and Exceed and Excel are all producing consistent quality sprinters with Acclamation close behind. Oasis Dream had a couple of dominant years but is back in the pack these days. Zebedee is showing promise from the younger sires.
Report roadrunner46 July 29, 2017 1:42 PM BST
carravagio was very luck to beat harry angel in the commonwealth cup, no doubt scat daddy has been producing some very good sprinters,
will be looking forward to when muhaarar's 2yo's hit the track, damsire cadeaux genereux was obviously a massive influence pedigree wise for the speed of harry angel, didn't really know that horse, has produced some good types through its broodmares. sprinter stallions are my favs. dark angel has diamond jubilee/ july cup double winning horse, first horse to win two nunthorpes and now a 3yo
winner of the july cup, want to start following a first season sire, so I can gain a valuable insight to the progeny, best way is too
start right from the beginning. sometimes if they get off to slow starts, its unimportant, you know most of them will end up winning
eventually. lot of different ways to exploit the angles, not always just about finding the winners. think muhaarar should get a group 1 winning sprinter in his first crop hopefully.
Report sageform August 1, 2017 12:32 PM BST
Society Rock and Havana Gold are the only first season sires to make any impact in GB so far this season.
Report roadrunner46 August 2, 2017 3:07 AM BST
yes society rock is having a good season, he was very precocious as a 2yo and has that essential group 1 winning race track record,
no doubt he was the number 1 pick to follow this season, and as you know it was lethal force that was beating him on the race track as he was getting older, smashing the track records in the process, but to compare those two sprinters, lethal force was the late developer and society rock was nearly winning 2nd in a july cup aged 3. now id like to think lethal force will be able to pass on its
attributes eventually (speed), given the right matings. seems that society rocks progeny have hit the ground running just like their sire. also think that society rock has had the better mares of the two of them in the first crops, not only was he cheaper, but he
had an overall more attractive, is the word I'm looking for PAGE, its a real shame hes gone now,

wasn't really ready for the season, so didn't give much thought to the first season sires this year, my favourite family is the dark angel bloodline, so lethal force was always going to be of interest, thinking about it now, society rock would of been the natural choice for the number one to follow, and I also think that the breeders made it their number one choice too (sprinters), and they have spent lot of their working lives thinking about these things, think you are seeing that knowledge played out on the race courses this season.

forgive me for rambling on, don't want to sound like I know it all, actually know very little about breeding and matings, but think understand enough for whats important for my needs. just don't always put enough thought or work into things.
Report roadrunner46 August 4, 2017 3:45 PM BST
BATTASH another star in the making for dark angel, that bloodline is pure speed, all ready smashed in a course record prior to today.
that nunthorpe is going to a great race with two top sprinters stars.Happy
Report sageform August 4, 2017 3:55 PM BST
Shame that Battaash is gelded. I wonder why they did it?
Report roadrunner46 August 4, 2017 4:08 PM BST
that is terrible news, disaster. oh well should have a couple more years on the racetrack.
Report johnnythebull August 4, 2017 10:08 PM BST
Report roadrunner46 August 10, 2017 11:57 AM BST
will the rise of dark angel as a broodmare sire start to gather pace in the next few years, we have seen Havana grey this season
performing very well this season, whos dam incidentally was a goodwood winner herself.
Report sageform August 15, 2017 5:20 PM BST
Dark Angel has had 11 GB wins this month and is now only 1 behind Kodiac for the year.
Report roadrunner46 September 9, 2017 2:29 PM BST
confirmed on the race track again today, HARRY ANGEL HAS NOW PROVED TO ALL THE DOUBTERS HES NUMBER 1 SPRINTERHappy
Report MadVlad September 9, 2017 3:10 PM BST
^ no argument here !
Report roadrunner46 October 1, 2017 4:45 PM BST
bataash back to form, another group 1 sprinter for dark angelHappy
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now