Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
sageform
12 May 17 19:04
| Topic/replies: 12,142 | Blogger: sageform's blog
After some rather poor runs at Newmarket and Chester, Frankel had 2 winners today. Was the new factor some rain and give in the ground? Flimsy evidence I know as the winners were only maidens but I have wondered if the fast ground was a factor in the comprehensive defeats of a few Frankel progeny recently. I certainly haven't given up on Eminent as he looked unbalanced in the Guineas and I think he will be better in time and on softer ground.
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Frankel this month
Show More
Report Koo.... May 12, 2017 10:26 PM BST
Well for anyone backing them, your showing a blind profit so far.  Which isnt a bad achievement given the hype.  I've not yet formed a massive opinion on him, bar plenty look awkward but still manage to win.  Regards ground, stats so far look fairly uniform on that front however samples of obviously tiny
Report sageform May 13, 2017 12:55 PM BST
Hi Koo, some of them have looked uncomfortable on fast ground to my eye. It will be interesting to see Frankuus on the very dead ground at Lingfield today although nothing he has done so far would suggest he is good enough to win.
Report kincsem June 22, 2017 6:16 AM BST
He has five running at Royal Ascot today.
Mirage Dancer; Mori; Senator; Lightening Fast; Majorist; Atty Persse.
Report sageform June 22, 2017 8:07 AM BST
Dream Castle yesterday was typical of the sort of runs I have mentioned before. Ran quite well but still a bit disappointing at the business end of the race.
Report sageform June 22, 2017 5:48 PM BST
Mori was yet another Frankel to be narrowly beaten today but Atty Persse finally provided him with a Royal Ascot winner.
Report Breedingmad June 23, 2017 8:56 PM BST
They all have something in common 1m 3f/4f could be a tad too far,so 1m2f or less seems to be the fine point.
Report sageform June 24, 2017 9:33 AM BST
Atty Persse and arguably Count Octave (although he was yet another to be beaten in the final strides) would suggest that many of them could need 12 furlongs plus. Frankel is by Galileo whose progeny thrive from a mile to 2 miles so it is possible that Frankel will do the same. The more sprint bred ones have gone backwards after promising starts. Queen Kindly will test the theory today over 5 furlongs at Ayr against what should be inferior opposition. The two 2yo's in the Chesham have a mountain to climb against September.
Report sageform August 15, 2017 5:23 PM BST
Kicking myself for being too busy to remember that Eminent was running at Deauville today so when he finally came good I missed him. Lady Frankel gave the sire a group double.
Report roadrunner46 August 15, 2017 9:43 PM BST
great news, like to hear of frankels progeny doing well, thought frankuus was worthy of consideration last Saturday,
didn't do the form for that race.
Report sageform August 16, 2017 7:53 AM BST
Also a good winner by Frankel in Australia yesterday (RP news item)
Report sageform August 24, 2017 4:28 PM BST
They are still a bit of an enigma. Mori was awful today but Aljezeera looked another backward leggy 3yo. who might one day win a good race. Cracksman won well but still leaves me wondering if he is short of Group 1 pace. Enable continues to put Nathaniel in the headlines and he looks certain to get more Group 1 wins than his old rival in 2017.
Report Big Black Cat August 25, 2017 3:21 PM BST
I saw a post on the RP that one of Frankel's progeny was going juvenile hurdling this winter.

Probably not what Juddmonte would want but interesting nonetheless-after all his grandsire produced some pretty decent NH horses.

Certainly has the stamina influences in his pedigree.

I don't think, somehow, he will be switched to being an NH sire, however, a la Pour Moi....
Report sageform August 26, 2017 9:46 AM BST
Name me a sire of staying horses that has not ended up with a runner over hurdles. I can see a lot of Nathaniels there soon but that does not detract from his success with high class stayers on the flat. The Aga Khan has a great record of producing classic and Group horses but whenever one of his cast offs arrives at a horses in training sale, the NH trainers queue up to buy them.
Report sageform August 26, 2017 2:10 PM BST
A slower start for Frankel 2yo,s this year but Betty F looked very useful.
Report Big Black Cat August 26, 2017 5:33 PM BST
I agree sageform-his grandfather had lots of NH runners-I'm sure his dad has some too.

They weren't bred to win Triumph Hurdles though?

Agree with Nathaniel too-sure he will have NH horses.

He's bred a Classic winner though who is favourite for the Arc at a fraction of the covering price?
Report sageform August 27, 2017 8:35 PM BST
Nothing wrong with getting a Triumph winner. They used to be dual purpose horses like Heighlin and Oh So Risky but these days they rarely run on the flat after winning the Triumph.
Report Eont August 29, 2017 10:07 AM BST
Like Istabraq had a negative impact on Sadler's Wells
It is worth noting Galileo was working as a dual purpose sire in his fourth year at stud. Think Swing Bowler (Lady Cricket the dam).
In some respects it is good news as it means the progeny have sell on value which is always good news. You only have to see how much money national hunt owners pay for prospects (plus those down under wanting a Melbourne Cup horse) and a good progressive lightly raced stayer off the flat will be worth as much if not more than a yearling. Where are you going to sell one of several hundred Kodiac's being dumped in the horses in training sale each year?
Report RoyalAcademy August 29, 2017 10:49 AM BST
You are definitely wrong in that statement Eont: it was rich boys playing with their money-such an occurrence also happened with the king himself SW.
Report sageform September 3, 2017 1:54 PM BST
Still few Frankel 2yo runners but three interesting ones are entered for the 2.05 at Ascot on Friday, one out of Attraction and the others are half brothers to good winners.
Report sageform September 8, 2017 8:40 AM BST
Two Frankel 2yos run today at Ascot now at 2.40. Herculean is a brother to Fair Eva while Wadilsafa out of Rumoush has 2 siblings, rated 111 and 109. The latter might eventually be the better of the 2 but Herculean could be more of a 2yo.
Report MadVlad September 8, 2017 3:26 PM BST
^ 1st and 2nd Cool
Report sageform September 8, 2017 5:52 PM BST
Visually, Herculean looked big and backward while Wadilsafa looked more compact but in the race, Herculean just loped along until asked to quicken and he did.
Report MadVlad September 8, 2017 8:18 PM BST
Herculean could be something special imo.
Report sageform September 9, 2017 9:30 AM BST
Another big day for Frankel today.

Lightening Quick 3.25 Leopardstown. well bred newcomer.
Nelson. Up in class Leop. 4.00
Learn By Heart Haydock 1.50. Second try at a Listed.
Queen Kindly. Perhaps the least likely of his runners to win today. 2.25 Haydock
Ambrosia. A lesser light but might win at last. Thirsk 3.30
Report sageform September 9, 2017 11:46 AM BST
Missed the most important one of course. Eminent goes for a Group 1 win in the Champion Stakes. Leop. 6.45.
Report MadVlad September 9, 2017 3:09 PM BST
Backed Ambrosia gl.
Report MadVlad September 9, 2017 3:29 PM BST
Lightening Quick wins @ 8.02 BSP.
Report sageform September 9, 2017 3:34 PM BST
Oh dear. Ambrosia threw it away again. Didn't watch the Irish race so pleased to see him get a winner there.
Report sageform September 9, 2017 4:05 PM BST
And now Nelson hoses up in the Group 3 and I did back that one. Eminent for the treble.
Report sageform September 9, 2017 8:21 PM BST
Brave run by Eminent but hard to make all against older horses.
Report sageform September 10, 2017 1:01 PM BST
Elarqam opted out of the Ascot race but starts in a competitive Novice at York today.
Report sageform September 10, 2017 1:56 PM BST
Cracksman wins another G2 with ease but again took a little while to get wound up.
Report sageform September 10, 2017 3:39 PM BST
Elarqam quite impressive but may not have beaten much. Another that looks capable of middle distances next year.
Report sageform September 15, 2017 1:37 PM BST
Mekong is another newcomer today. Out of Ships Biscuit by Tiger Hill, he should stay so a mile might suit.
Report MadVlad September 15, 2017 1:59 PM BST
what race sageform as I am following your posts ?
Report MadVlad September 15, 2017 2:00 PM BST
Sand 2.35 cheers.
Report sageform September 15, 2017 2:44 PM BST
Steady run in sixth, unfancied so might be a 3YO project.
Report MadVlad September 15, 2017 6:08 PM BST
Was at work so unable to see the race,keep posting mate as had a couple of good winners from your thread gl.
Report sageform September 16, 2017 1:51 PM BST
No debutantes today. Red Mist (3.00), Westerland (4.10) both 2yos at Doncaster. Count Octave a very long shot in the Leger.
Report MadVlad September 16, 2017 2:32 PM BST
thnx
Report sageform September 19, 2017 6:30 PM BST
Is this the best bred Frankel 2yo? First Eleven out of Zenda so half brother to Kingman and Remote. Runs in the 2.00 at Sandown tomorrow. Kingman was very good but I always felt that Remote was a Group 1 horse until injury curtailed his career.
Report sageform September 22, 2017 2:34 PM BST
Veracious in the 4.35 Newbury is the next Frankel to run.
Report roadrunner46 September 23, 2017 10:37 AM BST
good run from veracious yesterday, the winner flew home and looks an exciting horse going forward. should of had
that winner on an extra line, the horses that had already had a run, were nothing special. one of the best races
run yesterday imo.
Report lingbleed September 26, 2017 10:34 PM BST
first two home today in ireland
Report sageform September 28, 2017 4:21 PM BST
Elarqem looked good again today apart from sweating up.
Report MadVlad September 29, 2017 4:12 PM BST
Attraction always sweated up never stopped her though Happy
Report sageform September 30, 2017 1:19 PM BST
Real shame that Herculean is not running but Nelson and Betty F represent Frankel at Newmarket.
Report roadrunner46 October 15, 2017 2:52 PM BST

Sep 23, 2017 -- 10:37AM, roadrunner46 wrote:

good run from veracious yesterday, the winner flew home and looks an exciting horse going forward. should of hadthat winner on an extra line, the horses that had already had a run, were nothing special. one of the best racesrun yesterday imo.

veracious backed up that good run in the maiden with an easy victory on Friday, the frankel fans got another winner on saturday

Report sageform October 16, 2017 6:41 PM BST
And Aljazeera won a Listed race easily at Yarmouth today.
Report sageform October 21, 2017 11:36 AM BST
Big day for Frankel with Cracksman going for his biggest prize to date.
Report Big Black Cat October 21, 2017 4:09 PM BST
CRACKSMAN very impressive today and well done to Frankel on getting his first European G1 winner.
Report sageform October 21, 2017 4:25 PM BST
It didn't just win, it hacked up and confirms my suspicion that Frankels will improve if handled with patience. Eminent is another example.
Report A_T October 22, 2017 9:07 AM BST
champion european 3yo colt from his first crop. how long before his fee goes private?
Report sageform October 22, 2017 1:58 PM BST
Another boost today for Juddmonte as Contingent by Frankel wins easily at Leopardstown. If there in one thing that most Frankel's have in common it is the ability to jump quickly and race professionally first time out.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now