Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
GEORGE.B
31 Mar 17 11:56
| Topic/replies: 36,273 | Blogger: GEORGE.B's blog
https://www.thoroughbredracing.com/articles/
deep-impact-replaces-galileo-worlds-top-
ranked-stallion/
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Galileo no longer the 'Daddy'?
Show More
Report A_T April 1, 2017 10:35 AM BST
the methodology employed in that article is one of the silliest things I've read in a long time. but no doubt Deep Impact is a great sire and Coolmore are now showing an interest. it must be a concern to them that with Galileo getting on in age there is no heir apparent to the Northern Dancer line. maybe the Sunday Silence line is the future for Derby horses?
Report cacique April 2, 2017 10:13 AM BST
Are Coolmore getting to the stage where all their colts are by Galileo/Montjeu/Danehill and all their fillies are by Galileo/Montjeu/Danehill/Sadlers Wells/Storm Cat.

Have they (coolmore) been reckless in not diversifying their stallion base?
Report zygote April 5, 2017 2:14 PM BST
I have thought for some time that Coolmore's obsession with the Northern Dancer line is unwise. With so many mares now inbred quite closely to ND, and their lack of access to Dubawi, options are limited. They need a superstar to emerge soon with minimal ND blood, otherwise they will be stuck with the consequences of their over-reliance on that immortal stallion.
Report Johnny_Mustang May 7, 2017 8:02 PM BST
Yep, clearly no good anymore.
Report The Gotchee May 7, 2017 8:26 PM BST
I wonder where  Winter got her grey coat from?

Galileo "piggy backs" on the mares input into the resultant progeny.
He gets all the best mares every year but we never get to hear about the the strength of the mares dam side.
Do people really think that all these classic winners are down to the influence of Galileo alone?
My view is that the dam side of a pedigree is more important than the covering stallion. The dam side, in my view, is way more important than the covering stallion.
Report betting_masta May 8, 2017 4:20 AM BST
frankel is the new galileo sire. simple.
Report kincsem May 8, 2017 7:54 PM BST
When if Frankel going to start?
Report truehoncho May 8, 2017 10:21 PM BST
I don't agree Gotchee. Equally as important maybe (although the stallions are usually far superior to the dams) but not more.
Report neill d May 9, 2017 12:10 AM BST
Frankel has been a disaster and everybody is too kind to say. Only serves to highlight how good Galileo is. Be interesting to see what the next big hopes in the speedy untypical Churchill and The Gurkha do.

I'd love to see a good hardy top-class 12f son of Galileo get the push, provided he operates on good ground.

Churchill looks everything you'd want, but experts were saying how big he was at 2, is he doing it on size or quality?
Report kincsem May 9, 2017 3:37 AM BST
I've done a lot of work on sires and dams.
Typically a sire is rated 125, a dam 90, and the offspring 80 at a push.
Offspring ratings and dam ratings are linked, the higher the dam the higher the foal on average (but only for very large data).
The best mostly come from 130+ sires.

A worry to me about Frankel was he was a big horse.
His ability might have been down to his size and strength, and all he is passing on is his size.
Good sires are often smaller.
Report deadbrain59 July 1, 2017 11:22 AM BST
coolmore will reign next 20 years fill your boots.CoolCoolCoolCool
Report Sir Epicure Mammon July 1, 2017 8:49 PM BST
Kincsem, interesting, are you thinking of Frankel as a big horse in terms of his bulk as opposed to just height?
He's only half a hand taller than Galileo . And half a hand shorter than Fastnet Rock.
Report johnnythebull July 2, 2017 9:29 AM BST
Report Sir Epicure Mammon July 4, 2017 2:46 PM BST
Report sageform July 9, 2017 12:22 PM BST
Ulysses yet another Group 1 for Galileo. And over 10 furlongs on very fast ground.
Report The Gotchee July 9, 2017 10:10 PM BST
Another National Hunt sire in the making.
As for the win over10 furlongs, I'd say that had more to do with the influence of Light Shift.
Furthermore, Galileo couldn't really do it over 10 furlongs.
Report sageform July 11, 2017 11:35 AM BST
The great strength of Sadlers Wells, Danehill and Galileo is/was their ability to produce Group 1 performers year after year. I know they get some of the best mares but so do some other sires. Sea The Stars, So You Think, even Frankel have not yet come close. So far this season Galileo progeny have won as much prize money as the next 3 sires in the table combined.
Report Ruffian234 September 25, 2017 8:52 PM BST
Given Coolmores high levels of Galileo blood would there be an arguement for sending Galileo to Shadai for a season and in return receive Deep Impact for a season at Coolmore? Both studs sure have the same 'problem' an extremely dominant stallion who comes to dominate the broodmare band.
Report zygote September 27, 2017 3:09 PM BST
Ruffian234, that's an intriguing idea. But Galileo will be 19 next year, so it is unlikely that Coolmore would risk him at that age. Their short-sighted obsession with Northern Dancer line stallions has led to massive inbreeding on this side of the pond. And all their best Galileo mares now seem to be going to War Front. They flirted with Fastnet Rock for a while with mixed results, but they desperately need an outcross and will not use Dubawi. I get the impression that they hope Caravaggio will fill the role.
Report lingbleed September 29, 2017 11:02 PM BST
wonder if they have used Dubawi this year?....... but be why the so called feud ended.
Report lingbleed September 29, 2017 11:02 PM BST
* could be why*
Report Big Black Cat October 1, 2017 12:49 PM BST
Another 'First' for Galileo yesterday as CLEMMIE was his first G1 winner over less than 7F. You would think she will get 1M as of course she's a full sister to CHURCHILL.

Its seems one of the vogues at Coolmore is to breed speedy mares with Galileo to get milers/10F horses- in that case CLEMMIE may be a serious filly for next year.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now