Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Big Black Cat
11 Oct 16 11:04
| Topic/replies: 634 | Blogger: Big Black Cat's blog
This filly (EXCEED AND EXCEL x SISTER ACT) make her debut at Kempton on Wednesday (12th).

She is the last foal from SISTER ACT (MARJU x KALINKA) who was a winning full sister to SOVIET SONG (5 x G1 winner).  Sadly the mare died foaling this filly

SISTER ACT has already produced RIBBONS (G1, G2 and listed winner by MANDURO), and GOLDMEMBER (By NEW APPROACH, winner rated 102).

This is the same family as PENZANCE (G1 winner, TRIUMPH HURDLE) and MARSHA (G1 winning sprinter) as well as the 100 rated sprinter JUDICIAL.

I'm told this filly has some ability, and her half sister RIBBONS won at Kempton on the AW, so we shall see.  She will certainly not be revved up for her debut though, that's not Mr Fanshawe's style.

Incidentally, Mr Fanshawe will be training a colt (CAPE CROSS x MARLINKA) for ELITE next year.  He is a half brother to the aforementioned MARSHA.
Share |
Show More
Report jockeyhunter October 11, 2016 2:28 PM BST
interesting reading thanks BBC another interesting one tomorrow is Fairy Lights in the 6.25 whose dam is from the same dam as Dubawi.
Shaaqaaf is well regarded in Tribute Acts race. Might do a R/F
Report Big Black Cat October 11, 2016 3:54 PM BST
Thanks Jockeyhunter

I'm told that Tribute Act is not fully wound up for this but is a promising filly-I'm not surprised to hear about Shaaqaaf given his connections.  When I looked at the race I thought Hmmmm...

Thanks for the tip about Fairy Lights as well.

Cheers
BBC
Report Big Black Cat October 11, 2016 8:41 PM BST
Just noticed that the top one in the 6.55 (Ambrosia) is out of a full sister to Giants Causeway...quite a hot little race for a Kempton maiden.

This is where Soviet Song beat Airwave in a 6F maiden many many moons ago....
Report Jezebel October 12, 2016 6:11 PM BST
Good luck for later BBC.  I'll be honest, Ive been cheerleading for the Frankel babies this year but if Ambrosia can't win I hope it's your filly who takes the honours.
Report The Headmaster October 12, 2016 6:59 PM BST
Hello hello.....
Report Jezebel October 12, 2016 7:00 PM BST
Nicely done BBC!
Report Johnny_Mustang October 12, 2016 7:06 PM BST
Congratulations.
Report jockeyhunter October 12, 2016 8:48 PM BST
Well done BBC she ran a cracker and looks very promising. thought had the RF for second. I think you will have plenty of fun with tribute act next year.
Report Big Black Cat October 12, 2016 10:37 PM BST
Gentlemen-thank you.

I was at work this evening and have just seen the race.  She displayed a very pleasing attitude and won nicely.

Jockeyhunter-you were clearly right about Shaaqaaf-she was a little unlucky after falling out of the stalls-however, she seems a lot more forward than Tribute Act who is still pretty backward.  JRF did say that she had shown plenty at home however.

But she has scope to fill into her frame, and who knows, she may be a bit like her half sister or preferably her aunt!

Certainly something to look forward to when the dark winter nights are with us.

Thanks again
BBC
Report Jezebel October 12, 2016 11:00 PM BST
Ahem...gentlemen and ladies.
Report Big Black Cat October 12, 2016 11:15 PM BST
Apologies ladies and gentlemen.....
Report Big Black Cat June 15, 2017 5:53 AM BST
TRIBUTE ACT won a fairly hot fillies 7F handicap at Kempton last night in taking style under Tom Queally.

After doing her usual tardy start, she travelled nicely at the back of the field, and then when asked for her effort, readily quickened and asserted under a hands and heels ride to win by 1.5L.

She does look a very promising filly, and although currently only rated 75 prior to last night, she is obviously much better than that.

Lots to look forward to with this lady one hopes.
Report Big Black Cat July 13, 2017 9:30 AM BST
TRIBUTE ACT runs today at Doncaster.

She continues to impress at home and she worked well with an older, winning, higher rated stablemate last week.  The trainer describes her current handicap mark as 'very fair'.

Looking for a good run before moving onto better things I think. Very excited by this filly.
Report Big Black Cat July 22, 2017 1:04 PM BST
TRIBUTE ACT squeezed home at Donny despite the slow pace and the ground being against her!

Tom rode a very cool race, and was far more confident than I was at the end apparently!

The plan is now to got to Goodwood for the same race that RIBBONS won a few years ago.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now