Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Big Black Cat
09 Oct 16 15:10
| Topic/replies: 764 | Blogger: Big Black Cat's blog
Remember really liking this colt when he was in training, and his sale records last week at Tatts were pretty good.

Cracking pedigree-same Galileo X Danehill cross as lots of other top horses/stallions (Including the one which stands at 5 times the price in Newmarket)

An absolute bargain at E25K in comparison it would seem.

So 25K for him or 125K for you know who?

Anyone seen any of his progeny or any thoughts about him
Share |
Show More
Report cacique October 9, 2016 8:08 PM BST
He's back in France now, think it was a year deal with Cheveley.

I'm sure someone will correct me, but Andre Fabre doesn't really train stallions! Dansili apart.

Fabre  had lots of top class horses that weren't great sires

Pennekamp, Zafonic, Manduro,  Hurricane run, in the wings

(Plus with all the other galileo 's, why not go to coolmore,  where at least if it's a nice horse they'll buy it off you)
Report Big Black Cat October 9, 2016 8:16 PM BST
Its strange that Fabre has such a record considering his overall record as a master of his profession.

The difference being that Fabre hasn't got a breeding operation to find stallions for (unlike the Coolmore gang) who's very existence depends on it?
Report cacique October 9, 2016 9:14 PM BST
Possibly, godolphin don't help themselves either by buying everything and not trying to develop their families.

Take Carnegie for example, could you have got a better horse to try and make a success at stud. But no they sent him to Japan .
Report Big Black Cat October 9, 2016 10:28 PM BST
Theres a lot of stuff not quite right with Godolphin-like completely ignoring the pre-eminent stallion in the world which very much restricts their bloodlines and quality of their horses.

There's a lot of scut about them overtraining their horses too?  I wouldn't know about that, but in contrast, a certain gentleman who trains in Ireland and works for some lads who run a decent breeding operation seems to bring a lot of his horses on during a season.....notable exception included.

Its better to have a few champions and a few who don't turn out to be champions than simply having no champions at all?
Report cacique October 10, 2016 9:02 PM BST
True, but as you say is it worth paying 125 to go to Frankel as opposed to going to intelo.

Off the top of my head, the only others I can only think of new approach tefilo (?spelling?) Nathenal Group 1 stallions by galileo and not owned by coolmore.

Dubawi has .... worthadd at national stud, new bay at juddmonte, makfi god only knows, postponed and night of thunder in Darley. 
They not looking too good supporting him either so u have to wonder what their plan is to break bally Doyle........
Report The Headmaster October 10, 2016 9:19 PM BST
Just back to the horse I thought connections made a massive error running him in the Poulains.  He sauntered home in the Feilden and should have run in the Guineas.  Through Glory Awaits he would have won.  Whether one accepts that collateral formline you surely have to accept he would have been bang there.  Instead it was off to Longchamp where he got mullered.  He did well winning the Jockey Club when plenty went wrong too and performed admirably throughout the remainder of the season.

Aside from any anti-Frankel sentiment I'd say BBC makes a rather good observation.  25K might look cheap in a year or three.
Report cacique October 10, 2016 10:08 PM BST
Unless the horse is supported by coolmore, he has a reduced chance of making it, he's not offering anything different to all the others out of danehill mares
Report Big Black Cat October 11, 2016 12:38 AM BST
Headmaster-I wouldn't say I'm anti-Frankel-I would prefer to think I'm anti the hype around him for what he's achieved so far.

Intello looks like a cracking value cover to me-I don't think he'll be 25K for too long
Report Big Black Cat August 18, 2017 4:52 PM BST
INTELLO back off the Cheveley Park next year. Thoughts?

I shall be contacting ELITE and pleading to get him on our stallion list for 2018.

A relatively cheap way into the GALILEO line.
Report Big Black Cat May 9, 2018 11:29 PM BST
A group winning double for INTELLO recently with INTELLOGENT scooping a G3 in France and YOUNG RASCAL taking the Chester Vase over here.

Could this lad have a Derby winner before his more illustrious half brother???
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now