Forums

Basketball

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
;[p
06 Feb 13 03:34
| Topic/replies: 57,358 | Blogger: ;[p's blog
u can exclude lb

mine is westbrook , widely underestimated due to kd presence and very much not understood by many pundits and also fans
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View who is in ur opinion thed best...
Show More
Report numer0ne February 6, 2013 3:45 AM GMT
(a tie,) james & durant ..by some distance!
Report Redbull5 February 6, 2013 7:10 AM GMT
LB by miles..durant and maybe bosh
Report Boogie Cat February 6, 2013 6:19 PM GMT
westwood isnt the best player on his own team. not even top 10.

king james by a long way followed by durant
Report maitre February 6, 2013 11:57 PM GMT
kobe bryant is the king
Report Beaniash February 7, 2013 8:06 PM GMT
BEST PLAYERS IN THE LEAGUE DON'T SULK LIKE HE DID THE OTHER NIGHT. LEBRON IS STILL BY FAR THE BEST PLAYER DURANT CANT DEFEND.
Report Silver Medal Winnder February 7, 2013 11:58 PM GMT
lebron is the best, not much debate to be had there however im a big carmelo fan (albeit he wasnt at his best last night)
Report pokeron February 11, 2013 1:03 PM GMT
can you guys frickin read? the OP says the best excluding lebron. ffs.
every post after OP says lebron.
facepalm....
Report numer0ne February 11, 2013 9:59 PM GMT
it reads you can exclude (lj)

can you read?
Report Beaniash February 11, 2013 11:36 PM GMT
WELL WHAT KINDA DUMB QUESTIONS IS "THE BEST..BUT NOT HIM" WHY NOT JUST SAY 2ND BEST.
Report pokeron February 12, 2013 12:29 AM GMT
numerone i think you are on your own there.
Report pokeron February 12, 2013 12:32 AM GMT
perhaps english is your second language numerone? if so i understand how you thought that. my thai missus messes things up like that.

but basically the OP is saying exclude LB because it is so obvious he is the best....

have a great day.

and Beanish, yes i agree, a better thread title would have been what you said...
Report pokeron February 12, 2013 2:09 AM GMT
numerone, for example, when i was at school teaching, a teacher said to a child (for whom english was a second language), 'would you like to pass me the chalk?'.

to which the child replied, 'no'.

but to those in the know, the teacher wasn't actually giving the child a choice...

you with me?
Report numer0ne February 12, 2013 3:50 AM GMT
it reads you can exclude (lj) because not everyone would! now it would be different if everyone had responded lebron and left it at that with no 2nd place but they didn't.
Report numer0ne February 12, 2013 3:51 AM GMT
you are wrong, admit it! dunce!
Report pokeron February 12, 2013 8:48 AM GMT
did you not understand my example dunce?
Report pokeron February 12, 2013 8:52 AM GMT
sometimes in the english language, if you take it literally it seems as tho he's giving you a choice. by saying 'you can' he is actually saying, 'exclude lebron'. he is actually saying don't mention lebron coz its obvious. capiche?

the english language is idiotic. that's all i'm saying. i was simply trying to clear that up for you.

the english language is a very divisive language where it can make people seem to disagree when in fact they don't.

read my school example again without getting defensive and see how it is the same thing. peace man.
Report pokeron February 12, 2013 9:01 AM GMT
i'll try one last time. in my school example the teacher says, 'would you like to pass me the chalk?

if you take it literally, the child has a choice right? he can say, 'no i would not like to pass you the chalk'.

but we all know the teacher is not actually giving him the choice. the teacher would like the chalk passed end of story.

so when the OP says, 'you can exclude lb', he/she is not really giving you the choice of can or cannot. the OP is saying 'excluding lebron'. the use of the word 'can' is a misnomer....

like beaniash implied, OP got lazy with his thread title that's all...

peace dude.
Report numer0ne February 12, 2013 10:47 AM GMT
Well i hope you didn't teach logic.. the 'can' is predicated on that person agreeing that lb is the best, therefore 'can' IS meant as a choice!

Admit it you 4n4lly retentive fool you've made a mistake! Now don't embarrass yourself further, apologise Happy
Report ;[p February 13, 2013 3:58 AM GMT
i wrote that because i wanted to exclude lb but in the way that if someone really has a need to include him and be a...Wink lol but its read like u will exclude(im not obviously native speaker but maybe i learned  more grammar than natives)

westbrook is tremendous player often misread by people because he is not falling into the typical point guard role also he is making difficult plays sometimes and some people feels its a waste but the scheme in his team is he is looking for open looks in quick transition or forcing ball himself and looking for KD and THEN he takes responsibility of making a shot or drive when there no other options as hes the best in this team one on one and double teamed and as point guard has ball in his hands most often. this is great advantage for okc team not disadvantage that point guard can make plays, it win championships, like tony parker role for example or lbj who likes to play point guard and he does it all the time

stats: 7th in scoring 22.5 pprg,

5th in assist  8.1 assist per game (taking this stat as a main pg stat he is in the top where he dominates others like paul and rondo  in scoring

3rd in nba steals  2 prgame

5.2 rebounds which is huge for pg best in offensive rebounds of pgs

he got some 3.5 turnovers but he is an impact player

if someone saying he is not top 10 player in nba ,person doesnt know this game, wesbrook has KD in this team and still has leading stats in whole nba apart of one players teams like lbj in miami or harden in houston

this kind of player is most important puzzle in the team, there is few great players as well with superb stats all around like lbj who dominates of course, kd is comparable more effective in some parts of the game when ball is dished to him(mostly by westbrook)_ but RW is more effective in pressure game as i wrote at the beginning

harden is very good all around player as well, melo is a shooter mainly, kobe ,,k irving stands out

maybe i exaggerated
little bit but for me westbrook is top player in nba one of very few and is as important in okc as KD or even bit more for me
Report ;[p February 13, 2013 4:02 AM GMT
and my main point is he is not getting the praise as superstar should get in nba for what he is doing
Report ;[p February 13, 2013 4:13 AM GMT
besides its my choice you post yours exfckincluding lBJ Devil
Report ;[p February 13, 2013 4:17 AM GMT
Beaniash
07 Feb 13 20:06
| Topic/replies: 6,422 | Blogger: Beaniash's blog
BEST PLAYERS IN THE LEAGUE DON'T SULK LIKE HE DID THE OTHER NIGHT. LEBRON IS STILL BY FAR THE BEST PLAYER DURANT CANT DEFEND.

are you mentioning the guy who cant  shopping in one dollar shop coz has no 4th quarter?
Report numer0ne February 13, 2013 7:57 PM GMT
that gag is dated
Report ;[p February 16, 2013 2:35 AM GMT
doesnt change the fact thou
Report numer0ne February 16, 2013 5:14 AM GMT
i meant dated because it's not true anymore, not because it's not funny anymore (if it was funny to begin with)
Report ;[p February 16, 2013 11:19 AM GMT
ok you right just wanted to tease little bit with beanish
Report adonaldo February 18, 2013 2:16 PM GMT
Chris Paul
Report Dizee Rascal February 20, 2013 2:56 PM GMT
u can exclude lb

mine is westbrook , widely underestimated due to kd presence and very much not understood by many pundits and also fans

Westbrook has the LOWEST basketball IQ in the league. Derrick Rose is much better than Westbrook, so is chris paul. Westbrook isn't even the best player on his team lol.

It's actually annoying that people forget about Rose just because he's injured, guy shuts down every PG he plays and no PG can guard him. Westbrook isn't even the guy teams try and shut down, they all look to double on Durant and shut him down and Westbrook still can't put up amazing numbers. RW is a good player though and has amazing athleticism, but its spoilt by being so dumb making many wrong decisions/bad shots
Report ;[p February 21, 2013 12:24 AM GMT
rose is injured he is not playing forget it. its all bullshit u saying about westbrook, of course they want tho shut him down but its impossible, its easier to shut down durant who relies on good pass on the run or one on one  or open look, hes not that good whe doubled but its more difficult to do this if you have to double wesbrook

Wink

can't put up amazing numbers

dont know which world you are living

but its spoilt by being so dumb making many wrong decisions/bad shots

you dont understand his role in the team, he is making tough plays when there is no other option,about wrong decisionns his stats says opposite
Report ;[p February 21, 2013 12:31 AM GMT
adonaldo

Chris Paul

paul is good selection he runs every tem he is on to win
Report therhino February 24, 2013 12:12 AM GMT
Any answer aside from Lebron is incorrect and it beggars belief that people can actually think otherwise
Report therhino February 24, 2013 12:21 AM GMT
Oh dear, just picked up the exclude Lebron bit. Any answer aside from Durant then is incorrect.
Report md49vd February 24, 2013 2:45 AM GMT
rondo and harden
Report therhino February 24, 2013 3:25 AM GMT
rondo and harden 2nd and 3rd best in the league... Laugh
Report West Coast Eagles February 27, 2013 11:01 PM GMT
I think in order Id go 1) LeBron 2)Durant 3) Tony Parker 4) Carmello
Report numer0ne February 28, 2013 12:21 AM GMT
parker's still the 3rd best player on his own team
Report ;[p May 12, 2013 8:01 AM BST
where is okcConfused
Report nellie1970 May 12, 2013 12:49 PM BST
derrick rose
Report caramba May 12, 2013 5:36 PM BST
Marcin Gortat
Report smb360 May 12, 2013 6:11 PM BST
So here we see ;[p admitting Lebron is the best and yet we have to read him trolling Lebron every day Confused
Report aaronh May 12, 2013 6:51 PM BST
Report map May 12, 2013 7:44 PM BST
LeBron for sure
Report map May 12, 2013 7:44 PM BST
LeBron
Report caramba May 12, 2013 7:58 PM BST
map, it's understood that Lebron is the best. this thread is about who's the 2nd best.
Report map May 12, 2013 8:03 PM BST
o
sorry
SadSad
Report edy May 13, 2013 12:05 AM BST
Kevin Durant is the 2nd best player after LeBron Happy

Love Westbrook and his league-wide unmatched drive, determination, his reckless abandon.
Report edy May 13, 2013 12:05 AM BST
* but Westbrook is not as good an overall player as Durant
Report edy May 13, 2013 12:08 AM BST
It's somewhat ironic and tragic at the same time that Westbrook, with the playing style he shows every single game, gets the first serious injury of his entire career on a....non-play....Cry
Report GQ100 May 13, 2013 3:16 PM BST
best is too general-
best shooter-durant
best all around game-lebron
best clutch-kobe
Report smb360 May 13, 2013 6:47 PM BST
best is too general-

best all around game-lebron Confused
Report edy May 13, 2013 7:51 PM BST
Kobe's clutch performance is a myth created mostly on the sheer volume of clutch shot he's taking and of course people mostly remembering the awesome makes and not the many misses.

Kobe is not a bad player, far from it, but in clutch situations he's making it far too easy for the defense because absolutely everybody knows that he's the one taking the final shot.
Report edy May 13, 2013 8:02 PM BST
That's one of the other things so amazing with LeBron. People say "oooh, he's a ****, he's scaaaaaaaaared to take the final shot".

He's not. He just doesn't play hero ball at every opportunity and is actually looking to make the right basketball play,  create and find the open man in crunch time.
Report RLACML May 13, 2013 11:57 PM BST
I love Melo. He's my man, my idol, my favourite player by a distance but even I can see that LeBron is the best player in the league. It's not even close. He's so far ahead, he looks like a video game most nights. I honestly believe he's better than Jordan and his legacy will put him in that conversation. My top five is 1. LeBron 2. KD 3. Melo 4. CP3 5. Westbrook.
Report GQ100 May 14, 2013 1:16 AM BST
lebron will never be jordan-jordan never run away from a team to join 2 20 million dollars superstar just to win a champ,he did it by himself with the great help of pipen rodman tony and all the other-but you talking about 3 allstar together -how is this to jordan legacy??-no no there is only 1 true winner of all time and keep in mindi was  never was a bulls fan..
Report RLACML May 14, 2013 1:21 AM BST
LeBron is only 28, give him time. Jordan took 7 years to get his first, after that the Bulls dominated, but not just because of him. D-Wade isn't going to be much help this year anyway and they'll still win it.
Report caramba May 14, 2013 4:19 PM BST
Report tinkyvinky May 22, 2013 10:56 PM BST
Andris Biedrins
Report aaronh March 5, 2015 12:14 PM GMT
Report ;[p March 5, 2015 12:21 PM GMT
now should be clearer.

before lbj now :)
Report RLACML March 6, 2015 2:17 AM GMT
KD. I think he's the most talented player in the league. Westbrook is amazing but nowhere near the best
Report nugget March 8, 2015 2:19 AM GMT
lebron easy
the brow is closing in though
Report ;[p October 31, 2015 2:03 AM GMT
yawn
Report Mooono October 31, 2015 11:42 AM GMT
That Westbrook last second 3 was incredible, he lined it up from the i in the magic logo at centre court! so much pressure but westbrick comes up with a total peach. Would like to see OKC make it out of the west, westbrook and kd look hungrier than ever.
Report nugget November 2, 2015 4:33 AM GMT
Steph Curry is gonna have a better year this year than last year when he won mvp and his team won the nba finals.
Report nugget November 2, 2015 4:46 AM GMT
last year like always the west was much deeper than the east however it did look a bit top heavy.  This season i think the west is even stronger and is legitimately deep.  Spurs are better, Clips are better, Rockets are better and if OKC stay healthy they should win a lot of games this season too.
Report Mooono November 3, 2015 3:55 PM GMT
No surprise to see Curry as 3/1 fav for mvp after them early games. The warriors dont just win games, they leave the other team asking serious questions with a total blowout. Memphis are a solid team, but were made to look very ordinary last night
Report rink rat November 4, 2015 5:31 PM GMT
Curry very good, James Harden when he drives to the basket. Davis on Pelicans needs some support from his cast.
Report RLACML November 22, 2015 10:57 PM GMT
Curry, it isn't even close. He's absolutely insane.
Report RLACML November 22, 2015 11:02 PM GMT
Kawhi is coming for him though
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now