Forums

Australian

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Joel
31 Dec 17 01:31
| Topic/replies: 33,779 | Blogger: Joel's blog
Woodford is a township in the Western District of Victoria, Australia. located 9 kilometres (6 mi) north of Warrnambool. At the 2006 census, the population of the combined area was 479.[1]
The town is home to Woodford Primary School. The school opened on the midnight of 30 April and 1 May 1854.[2] Back then, the school was small; it was relocated to the hill further north 100 years after its opening.[citation needed] In late August 2001, the bottom flat was flooded after heavy rain. The school closed the day afterwards before re-opening after the water receded.[citation needed]
Woodford Post Office opened on 1 January 1854, and closed sometime in 1975.[3]
Other buildings of interest include the church and a former art gallery. The town is joined with nearby Bushfield to make Woodford-Bushfield.
Woodford has a horse racing club, the Woodford Racing Club, which holds the Woodford Cup meeting on 31 December at Warrnambool racecourse.
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Mac's Hotel Woodford Cup Day 31.12.17
Show More
Report The_KAMIKAZEE_DRINKING_MACHINE December 31, 2017 7:40 AM GMT
Woodford is in the Blue Mountains.
Report Joel December 31, 2017 12:39 PM GMT
Why do they hold their Cup at Warrnambool?

I'm going to the Blue Mountains in a few weeks, I'll ask them.
Report The_KAMIKAZEE_DRINKING_MACHINE December 31, 2017 12:50 PM GMT
Off to the Blue Mountains now eh? Thought you'd be sick of travelling after 6 months on the road. Now you want to see the boring old Blue Mountains! Btw who exactly in Woodford will you ask?
Report The_KAMIKAZEE_DRINKING_MACHINE December 31, 2017 12:53 PM GMT
They'll probably tell you there's no racetrack in the Blue Mountains. There used to be a trotting track. Which was also a speedway. And another car racing track. Can't remember what it's called. It's on YT.
Report Joel January 1, 2018 4:03 AM GMT
I'm heading to Sydney for a few days and havent been to the Blue Mountains so I might trundle up for a day. I'll probably ask someone in Mac's Hotel.
Report Joel January 1, 2018 4:51 AM GMT
4 for me in the New Years CUp
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now