Forums

Australian

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
The_KAMIKAZEE_DRINKING_MACHINE
10 Jul 17 11:27
| Topic/replies: 8,863 | Blogger: The_KAMIKAZEE_DRINKING_MACHINE's blog
Springfox High Flier,son of Australian Champion Springfox High Octane,better known as Tom or Tommy passed away today.

He was 12.

Absolutely devastated. My little baby boy has gone.

This is the last photo I took of him today.

Share |
Show More
Report The_KAMIKAZEE_DRINKING_MACHINE July 10, 2017 11:42 AM BST

Report The_KAMIKAZEE_DRINKING_MACHINE July 10, 2017 11:43 AM BST

Report The_KAMIKAZEE_DRINKING_MACHINE July 10, 2017 12:46 PM BST
How about some pics of happier times?
Report The_KAMIKAZEE_DRINKING_MACHINE July 10, 2017 12:47 PM BST

Report The_KAMIKAZEE_DRINKING_MACHINE July 10, 2017 12:53 PM BST
He loved Concord Oval. He loved going to the Rugby anywhere. He used to get so excited on a Saturday following me around and watching the car being packed and trying to get in the car and getting impatient. He'd be so worked up on the way in he'd drive us nuts. Then when he got there he'd have a good walk around. Eating his ham sandwich. And his pig's ear. Chase the pigeons. Having a nod off in the second half.
Report The_KAMIKAZEE_DRINKING_MACHINE July 10, 2017 12:56 PM BST

Report The_KAMIKAZEE_DRINKING_MACHINE July 10, 2017 1:14 PM BST
He was such a well mannered little gentleman. He didn't have any of those annoying traits that some dogs have. Never jumped up on people. Was friendly to other dogs though always considered himself to be No1. Never pestered people when they were eating. Loved a pat and a cuddle but when you stopped giving him a scratch he always accepted that. He didn't push you for more. Didn't bark and go mental at visitors. Was gentle with little children. Never smelt bad. Unless he rolled on a dead possum which he enjoyed.
Report The_KAMIKAZEE_DRINKING_MACHINE July 10, 2017 1:42 PM BST
I can't see how my life will ever be as good without my little boy with me.
Report The_KAMIKAZEE_DRINKING_MACHINE July 10, 2017 2:18 PM BST
"Heaven is a place where all the dogs you've ever loved come to greet you."

That would be a chaotic scene for me but would be heaven indeed.
Report The_KAMIKAZEE_DRINKING_MACHINE July 10, 2017 2:33 PM BST

Tommy sharing his little bed with his big mate Bluey.
Report The_KAMIKAZEE_DRINKING_MACHINE July 10, 2017 2:43 PM BST
Tommy has slept with me every night since 2005. Every time I sit on the lounge Tommy sits alongside and leans on me. He likes to have contact. If I go in the car he goes with me. That extends the time it takes me to do stuff because I always have to stop and take Tom to a park. If I tinker on the cars he watches me. He's not a fan of car tinkering he much prefers TV watching. If I'm on the computer he's under the desk or laying in front of the heater. A heater cannot ever be too hot for him. His capacity to stretch out in front of one is limitless. 

Last summer I enjoyed a few too many 9% Ales at Riverside Brewery. It was a stinking hot day. When got home I got in the pool with Tom and a beer. Ten minutes later we were both lying on the floating thingy half in the water and half out fast asleep. I wish I had a photo of it.
Report The_KAMIKAZEE_DRINKING_MACHINE July 10, 2017 2:50 PM BST
He really loved his tennis ball. Not so much the last couple of years. He used to chase it and bring it back so well though admittedly he was pretty slow. When Bluey and Jessie visit I used to take two balls. I'd hit the first ball for Tommy. Bluey and Jessie would remain motionless because they knew that ball is Tommy's. Then I'd hit the second ball for them.

Tommy used to do this thing with the ball. He'd drop it from his mouth then kick it with his right foot then chase it again to pick it up. Very cool. I wished I'd video'd it.
Report The_KAMIKAZEE_DRINKING_MACHINE July 10, 2017 3:00 PM BST
If you're wondering if I'm not coping too well with this bereavement then you're right. I've had 8 dogs put to sleep in my life but none have shattered me as much as this.
Report Joel July 10, 2017 3:16 PM BST
Very very sad news ScaredScaredScaredScaredScaredScaredScared My condolences. I always enjoyed seeing photos of the great man.
Report The_KAMIKAZEE_DRINKING_MACHINE July 10, 2017 3:40 PM BST
Thanks Joel. I appreciate those kind words mate.
Report The_KAMIKAZEE_DRINKING_MACHINE July 10, 2017 3:56 PM BST

Report The_KAMIKAZEE_DRINKING_MACHINE July 10, 2017 3:57 PM BST
He liked to bask in the Winter Sun.
Report The_KAMIKAZEE_DRINKING_MACHINE July 10, 2017 3:58 PM BST

He loved a ride in the Ute.
Report The_KAMIKAZEE_DRINKING_MACHINE July 10, 2017 4:01 PM BST

He loved the top down motoring!!
Report The_KAMIKAZEE_DRINKING_MACHINE July 10, 2017 4:04 PM BST
Report The_KAMIKAZEE_DRINKING_MACHINE July 10, 2017 4:07 PM BST

Tommy shocked by a working Jaguar.
Report The_KAMIKAZEE_DRINKING_MACHINE July 10, 2017 4:08 PM BST

Report The_KAMIKAZEE_DRINKING_MACHINE July 10, 2017 4:10 PM BST

Report The_KAMIKAZEE_DRINKING_MACHINE July 10, 2017 4:12 PM BST
Wish I had a dollar for every time Tommy was on the front seat of the Ute.

Report The_KAMIKAZEE_DRINKING_MACHINE July 10, 2017 4:13 PM BST
Report The_KAMIKAZEE_DRINKING_MACHINE July 10, 2017 4:14 PM BST
Look at his lovely big fat belly!!
Report Joel July 10, 2017 4:18 PM BST
Love
Report Joel July 10, 2017 4:25 PM BST
I've never had a dog but have had other pets and know how you are feeling Scared
Report The_KAMIKAZEE_DRINKING_MACHINE July 10, 2017 4:36 PM BST
As I said I've taken many dogs to the vet to put to sleep and it's always horrible but Tommy has just shattered me. I'm just devastated. I'm a mess.
Report Joel July 10, 2017 4:45 PM BST
Scared
Report Tommy Toes July 10, 2017 6:03 PM BST
Oh KAMI, my old mate, I really can't say how sorry I feel for you.

It's brought a tear to my eye looking at the pictures of your dear old dog and knowing how devastated you must be feeling right now.

Nothing I can say will help you feel any better at the moment - but I'm sure Tommy knew he had the best friend he could possibly have ever had in you and that he had a blessed life being with you.

I sincerely hope your pain eases as soon as is possible

Take care my dear old chum.
Report Joel July 10, 2017 6:27 PM BST
Well said Tommy.
Report Joel July 10, 2017 10:36 PM BST
We will have a drink or 17 to celebrate the life of Tommy in a month or so, wont we Tommy. You should come and join us.
Report henryluca July 10, 2017 11:12 PM BST
CryCry

"A good dog never dies, he always stays, he walks besides you on crisp autumn days when frost is on the fields and winter's drawing near, his head within our hand in his old way."

Your loss is heart felt
Report whoopi July 11, 2017 4:36 AM BST
“I have sometimes thought of the final cause of dogs having such short lives and I am quite satisfied it is in compassion to the human race; for if we suffer so much in losing a dog after an acquaintance of ten or twelve years, what would it be if they were to live double that time?”

Whoopi died 7 years ago and I'm still not over it.........I don't think I ever will be.

I feel your pain.
Report The_KAMIKAZEE_DRINKING_MACHINE July 11, 2017 8:38 AM BST
Thank you whoopi,henry,Joel and Tommy Toes.

A day later and my mood hasn't improved at all. Every single thing I do or look at reminds me of Tom. I don't think I felt this bad when my Mum died in 1989. She'd been sick for a decade so it wasn't unexpected. Doesn't sound right I know but I was younger then. I just wish I could be unconscious for a while so I could stop thinking about it. I will probably bore you all for a bit longer.
Report The_KAMIKAZEE_DRINKING_MACHINE July 11, 2017 2:58 PM BST
I can't do anything without it reminding me of Tommy.

I take a shower and it reminds me how he used to lay on the mat on the floor waiting.

I have a p1ss in the backyard getting a beer and I remember how he used to come out and have a p1ss too.

I roll back my office chair and worry because sometimes Tommy used to lay there and get run over.

I walk out the front door and see Tommy running to the car.

I had a milkshake today and remembered how Tommy used to love finishing off my milkshake sticking his long snout into it.
Report The_KAMIKAZEE_DRINKING_MACHINE July 11, 2017 3:13 PM BST
Animals have a pecking order and Tommy was a strict follower of that order. When I am home,which is most of the time he sticks to me. If I'm not home he sticks to his Mum. If she's out he is onto my son. Only when no one else is home is he all over my daughter. A fact which p1ssed her off a bit. Such was his instinct for these rules I've seen him abandon his Mum's cuddly charms and warm doona to come and lay under my desk while I post gibberish on the BF Forum. That's loyaltyLaugh
Report The_KAMIKAZEE_DRINKING_MACHINE July 11, 2017 3:30 PM BST
I think the best thing you can do for your dog is just to be with them. Dogs hate to be alone. If you're going to work and leaving a dog home alone for 8+ hours a day then I don't think you should have a dog. I don't believe in keeping dogs outside all the time either. Dogs on farms and such is different. Domestic suburban dogs need to be part of the pack. If you have two or more dogs then they keep each other company while you are out. But all they're thinking about while you're gone is when are you coming back. Dogs don't really care much what you do so long as they can be with you. If you take him out once or twice a day and let him hang around you constantly you'll have a very happy puppy.
Report The_KAMIKAZEE_DRINKING_MACHINE July 11, 2017 4:05 PM BST
You know what I miss the most? Every single day at least once a day but more often several times a day I would hold Tom against my chest in a cuddle and say in his ear 'Daddys little boy' and scratch his chest and he'd look joyous and it always made me happy no matter what other sh1t might have been happening to upset me at the time my cuddle with Tommy always made me feel good. He used to lay in the crook of my arm like you do with a baby. I'd give anything to have that again.
Report The_KAMIKAZEE_DRINKING_MACHINE July 11, 2017 4:28 PM BST
I'll never get another dog. I can't do this again.
Report Tommy Toes July 12, 2017 11:35 PM BST
KAMI, it's terrible knowing how much pain you're in at the moment.

As has been shown, all of us fellow dog/pet lovers know just how you feel.

It's a dreadful part of life and one I wouldn't wish on anyone.

As Joel has said, we will definitely have a drink or 17 in celebration of Tommy (and you) when he comes to Stoke in a few weeks time.
You can bank on it.
Report The_KAMIKAZEE_DRINKING_MACHINE July 16, 2017 1:45 PM BST
Thanks so much for those words Tommy.

I am a bit better. Still don't want to get out of bed and face the day. Have managed some car tinkering. Haven't punted at all. Late at night can be bad. Anything at all can remind me of Tom. Just putting on my shoes reminds me of how he used to get up when he saw me put on my shoes thinking we were going somewhere. Dogs can't talk,obviously!,but they are great observers and by watching what you do they can predict what is happening.

This is why it's so hard. Tommy and I were so intertwined. He wasn't like a horse I went out to and patted and worked for a few hours a day.He was invested in every movement I ever did. Every action from eating to dressing to driving to anything at all he had something to do with it. I'll just have to get used to it not being like that anymore.
Report THERE....IS....NO....SPOOOOON August 4, 2017 2:29 PM BST
Very sorry for your loss Sad

Life's too short to be without a dog for long.

When you're ready... you'll find your next furry friend,

Tommy wouldn't like his master gettin lonely long term
Report The_KAMIKAZEE_DRINKING_MACHINE August 4, 2017 3:59 PM BST
Thanks Spoon.

Good to see you on the Forum.
Report Live_in_Hope August 6, 2017 5:35 AM BST
know how you feel
Report acquiesce12 August 10, 2017 12:48 AM BST
JESUS CHRIST

IT'S A PHUCKING DOG
Report Joel August 10, 2017 10:25 AM BST
Angry
Report EvgenyKissin August 12, 2017 12:56 AM BST
Very sorry to read this, TKDM - sincere condolences.

I liked the picture of him standing next to the Jaguar.
Report The_KAMIKAZEE_DRINKING_MACHINE December 9, 2017 2:10 PM GMT
I know it's stupid. Wife and I would love to do some UK travelling but I can't help it.

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/amamoor/dogs-puppies/fox-terrier-puppies/1166772643
Report henryluca December 10, 2017 2:31 AM GMT
Curiously I have managed to convince my wife that when the time is right to visit the cowboy state s of the US--see all the Cowboys and Indians stuff. Also throw in Chicago -Illinois

Texas

Wyoming

Oklahoma

Colorado

California

Kansas

Kentucky

Montana

Tennessee

Arizona
Report The_KAMIKAZEE_DRINKING_MACHINE December 10, 2017 4:05 AM GMT
OK.
Report Joel December 10, 2017 4:10 AM GMT
I'm going to Chicago next year.
Report henryluca December 10, 2017 4:52 AM GMT
Chicago-wow--winter ? to see frozen Lake Michigan ---

That's my motivation to go at least and to see where the Chicago gangster wars took place
Report Joel December 10, 2017 4:56 AM GMT
No I'll be going there when it's Summer, winter would be great though
Report henryluca December 10, 2017 5:37 AM GMT
"Shameless" is a much watch on netflix--Kami could well luv the "Frank" character.--set in Chicago
Report henryluca December 10, 2017 5:38 AM GMT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITsirWLf-W8
Report wonby10 December 19, 2017 12:03 PM GMT
North Dakota... glaring omission imo.
Report wonby10 December 19, 2017 12:04 PM GMT
North Dakota... glaring omission imo.
Report henryluca December 19, 2017 9:28 PM GMT
Well spotted 10x10---

Home of the Sioux tribe
Report The_KAMIKAZEE_DRINKING_MACHINE January 13, 2018 2:14 PM GMT
I've found some more photos of my little baby boy Tom.

Report The_KAMIKAZEE_DRINKING_MACHINE January 13, 2018 2:16 PM GMT

At Nepean Rugby Park. Penrith.
Report The_KAMIKAZEE_DRINKING_MACHINE January 13, 2018 2:18 PM GMT

Wreck Beach. Shoal Bay December 2015.
Report The_KAMIKAZEE_DRINKING_MACHINE January 27, 2018 11:56 AM GMT

Tommy enjoying a Sausage and Egg McMuffin in the front seat of the ute at Salamander Bay Maccas December 2015
Report The_KAMIKAZEE_DRINKING_MACHINE January 27, 2018 11:58 AM GMT

Tommy helping me when I was painting.
Report The_KAMIKAZEE_DRINKING_MACHINE January 27, 2018 1:13 PM GMT

Report The_KAMIKAZEE_DRINKING_MACHINE January 27, 2018 1:14 PM GMT
I think he only ate the sausage and left the rest.
Report The_KAMIKAZEE_DRINKING_MACHINE January 28, 2018 12:40 PM GMT
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now