Forums

Australian

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
henryluca
21 Jan 17 03:21
| Topic/replies: 10,653 | Blogger: henryluca's blog
President Donald Trump hours after he was sworn in to the highest office in the nation signed an executive order aimed at "minimizing the economic burden" of Obamacare "pending repeal."

The executive order was Trump's first since becoming the 45th president of the United States. The order says that "It is the policy of my Administration to seek the prompt repeal" of the law.

It orders that the Secretary of Health and Human Services and others to "exercise all authority and discretion available to them to waive, defer, grant exemptions from, or delay" any requirement of Obamacare that would impose a fiscal burden.

The order also directs agencies to give greater flexibility to states in implementing the health care law. It says the policy of the Trump administration is to "prepare to afford the States more flexibility and control to create a more free and open healthcare market."

The president can't repeal the health care law himself, but Trump and other Republicans have vowed to repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act, which is widely known as Obamacare. Republicans in the House and Senate last week signed bills to complete the first step to repeal the law.
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View President Donald Trump- job now...
Show More
Report henryluca January 24, 2017 12:12 PM GMT
Monday was a busy day for the new president. In addition to abandoning the trade deal, he ordered a freeze on federal government hiring, except for the military and other security agencies. He reinstituted a ban on federal funding for overseas family planning groups that assist or counsel women seeking abortions. He met with congressional, labor and business leaders. And he promised to cut up to 75 percent of federal regulations.

Mr. Trump’s decision to scrap the Trans-Pacific Partnership, or T.P.P., reversed a free-trade strategy adopted by presidents of both parties dating back to the Cold War, and aligned him more with the political left. When he told a meeting of union leaders at the White House on Monday that he had just terminated the pact, they broke into applause.

“We’re going to stop the ridiculous trade deals that have taken everybody out of our country and taken companies out of our country, and it’s going to be reversed,” Mr. Trump told them, saying that from now on, the United States would sign trade deals only with individual allies. “I think you’re going to have a lot of companies come back to our country.”
Report VeryLTU January 24, 2017 11:11 PM GMT
tell him he's dreaming.
Report The_KAMIKAZEE_DRINKING_MACHINE January 25, 2017 11:24 AM GMT
I hope he succeeds. Internationalism in the form of free trade deals with third world countries means unemployment for western workers and huge trade deficits. I'd like to execute every treasonous politician who ever went along with this but I don't have enough time there's way too many of them.
Report henryluca January 25, 2017 9:36 PM GMT
President Donald Trump has issued an executive order for an "impassable physical barrier" to be built along the US border with Mexico.
He also signed an action to strip funds from US cities that are sanctuaries for undocumented immigrants

The orders also called for hiring 10,000 immigration officials to help boost border patrol efforts.
"A nation without borders is not a nation," he said. "Beginning today the United States gets back control of its borders."

On Wednesday, Mr Trump was joined by parents whose children, he said, had been "horribly killed by individuals living here illegally".
He read out their names and invited the parents to stand.
"For years the media has largely ignored the stories of Americans and lawful residents victimised by open borders," he added.
Report zoom_top January 26, 2017 3:30 AM GMT
Not much personal reflection here Henry ?!?! Are you looking to others to contribute ?  Well I'll take the bait for what its worth. I'm not expecting him to last 4 years. When you ostracize enough people it compounds. Noticed today that Environmental watchdog agencies are being silenced. The 'wall' as it is now, can apparently be scaled in less than 20secs. (Some parts of the border have a wall). So the wall needs to be effectual or people will just say its a waste of money. I could go on and I will - in good time. BTW, thanks for raising the topic/thread.
Report Joel January 26, 2017 3:32 AM GMT
My niece calls him Donald Trumpet.
Report VeryLTU January 26, 2017 5:33 AM GMT
he wont build much wall for the money.... very very expensive exercise and i'm sure when the next round of govt. funding is due... the donald will be told to pull his head in.
Report zoom_top January 26, 2017 8:30 AM GMT
One portfolio (ie Immigration) does not a president make.
Report The_KAMIKAZEE_DRINKING_MACHINE January 26, 2017 8:53 AM GMT
Very's a fencing contractor now!!! I like a bloke that can turn his had to anything LaughLaugh
Report J.R.Hartley January 26, 2017 9:31 AM GMT
Laugh...Can just see Very negotiating with The Donald.....mmmmmm not sure we can get it done for that mate....how about we only

build it six foot high....those Mexicans are quite small tbf...the raping midget b@stards....Laugh
Report VeryLTU January 26, 2017 12:42 PM GMT
donald gets a discount because i like him, once only 3.25% off the 12.3 million bucks per cubic metre if we cut the voltage a bit on the electrified climbing ladders. Another 0.15% off if we can use mexican concrete and shanghai special re bar. And no mexican laborers will be killed during manufacture.
Report J.R.Hartley January 26, 2017 2:17 PM GMT
' And no mexican laborers will be killed during manufacture'.........i suspect that might be a deal breaker Very...Scared
Report henryluca January 27, 2017 6:04 AM GMT
A draft executive order, which Trump could sign as early as Saturday, reportedly would halt the United States' broader refugee program for 120 days and prohibit citizens of Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria or Yemen from obtaining U.S. visas for at least 30 days.

"We’ve taken in tens of thousands of people. We know nothing about them. They can say they vetted them. They didn’t vet them, they have no papers. How can you vet somebody when you don’t know anything about them and they have no papers?" Trump asked.

"Right now, the FBI has over 1,000 [terrorism] investigations going on … and these are people that we let in," Trump told Fox News' Sean Hannity in an exclusive cable interview from the White House Thursday. "We don’t need this. Some people have come in with evil intentions. Most haven’t, I guess, but we can’t take chances."

President Donald Trump defended his forthcoming executive orders that are expected to suspend the United States’ refugee program and halt the issuing of visas to citizens of certain countries, saying, "We can't take any chances."
Report The_KAMIKAZEE_DRINKING_MACHINE January 27, 2017 12:43 PM GMT
I can just see Very and Wayne the Stopper there at the Mexican border in a 1993 VR ute chock full of 6' fence palings. They get out of the car as President Trump approaches.

Trump: Hey Gudday boys. Always nice to meet some Australians. Except for that little cxnt you got running the show. He can go fxck himself. I once boned an Aussie girl. Fxck yeah that bitch was hot. Jennifer something. Tall blonde bird looked a bit like Ivanka. That's my daughter. She's a real piece of ass. I'd bone her if she wasn't my daughter. Anyway boys I got a real problem today. I promised the people I'd build a fence here keep those scumsucking Mexican fxckers out of the USA. They keep wandering over here in the millions peeing in empty coke bottles and chucking 'em out on the highway then we gotta employ Meskins to clean it up. It's costing us billions. That's where you two come in. I need you boys to put a fence up here like yesterday. You Aussies can do anything. You guys stopped the boats and built the Great Barrier Reef. All I need to know is what to write on the cheque.

VERY: Well Mr Trump it's...

TRUMP: Hey none of this Mister bullsh1t just call me Donald. No Don. No make it Donald.

VERY: Well Donald me and Wayne were...

TRUMP: No. Changed my mind. Not Donald. Make it The Donald. Yeah I like that. The Donald. Sounds cool eh?

VERY: Well,The Donald,me and Wayne were just saying this looks like a big job you know. We're gunna need a lot of materials. Lot of trips to Mitre 10. (Wayne is nodding). I'm thinking maybe ....

TRUMP: Hey Very what kinda car is that? I never seen one like that before.

VERY: It's a HOLDEN ute.

TRUMP: A Holden? What the fxck is a Holden? I never heard of that before.

VERY: It's an Australian car. Made in South Australia. 5 litre V8. Sweet as a nut.

TRUMP: You know I never knew that you Aussies made your own cars. Good for you. That's what I love about Australia. You guys stopped those freeloaders and terrorists coming into your country and you still have a car manufacturing industry. And that's a pretty good looking truck you got there too. A little on the small side. Looks like you and Wayne here have gone through a few paddocks in it but that's a vehicle there to be proud of. How'd you boys do it? Stop Japanese car imports? Huge tarrifs? Government subsidies?

VERY: (Looking at his boots) Well actually The Donald we don't make cars anymore.

TRUMP: THOSE CXNTS!!!! NOT EVEN THE AUSSIES ARE ALLOWED TO BUILD THEIR SH1TTY LITTLE PICK UP TRUCKS ANYMORE. IT'S ALL HILARY CLINTON'S FAULT. THOSE FXCKING GLOBALISTS CAN SUCK MY BALLSACK.

VERY: Are you ok The Donald?

TRUMP: (Regaining his composure). I'm fine. I see Wayne here drinking an Aussie tinnie. You got one there for The Donald?

VERY: Sure help yourself.

TRUMP: Tell you what. You boys just build this Goddamn fence and send me the bill. The Meskins are paying for it anyway.

VERY: We'll get on it right away The Donald.

WAYNE THE STOPPER: Yeah. Right after Smoke-Oh.
Report J.R.Hartley January 27, 2017 3:45 PM GMT
Well it started ell....tailed off a bit in the middle....and the least said about the end the better...Laugh....no seriously a

literally triumph Kami....although personally i'd have given Mugsy a small part...maybe he could have licked the dust off The

Donalds boots before all three of them beat the little turd to death with their spades...just a suggestion...artistic licence if you like.
Report VeryLTU January 28, 2017 12:12 AM GMT
very accurate description of the stopper... smoko before starting anything involving perspiration. not so accurate re very...... the donalds ballsack would have been gripped tightly early in this exchange of pleasantries, the stopper would have gone for his legs.... and the presidential wallet would have been extracted marginally before the 5.0 litres left a cloud of dust blowing onto the american side.
Report VeryLTU January 28, 2017 12:16 AM GMT
uncanny how you knew about the steel capped blundstones too !!!! perfect for kicking in maserati and ferrari panels when the rich little show offs think they've sweetly got his car park.
Report The_KAMIKAZEE_DRINKING_MACHINE January 28, 2017 12:49 PM GMT
This Four Day Bender must be going well. I have no memory at all of that post. It's pretty good though.
Report J.R.Hartley January 28, 2017 1:02 PM GMT
Why do they call it a bender btw....surely a four day continued over-consumption of alcohol period would be more accurate.

Bender just sounds wrong imo.
Report The_KAMIKAZEE_DRINKING_MACHINE January 28, 2017 1:58 PM GMT
Bender for short.
Report VeryLTU January 28, 2017 11:01 PM GMT
this bender coincides with the gay experiment and hondo's holiday .... is there something more to this bender ??
message from a concerned reader Mischief
Report henryluca January 28, 2017 11:11 PM GMT
WASHINGTON — President Trump’s executive order on immigration quickly reverberated through the United States and across the globe on Saturday

The president’s order, enacted with the stroke of a pen at 4:42 on Friday afternoon, suspended entry of all refugees to the United States for 120 days, barred Syrian refugees indefinitely, and blocked entry into the United States for 90 days for citizens of seven predominantly Muslim countries: Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen.

The White House said the restrictions would protect “the United States from foreign nationals entering from countries compromised by terrorism” and ensure “a more rigorous vetting process.”
Report whoopi January 29, 2017 4:13 AM GMT
The White House said the restrictions would protect “the United States from foreign nationals entering from countries compromised by terrorism” and ensure “a more rigorous vetting process for those people not from a country that our president has investments in. Terrorists from countries responsible for the deaths of more than 3000 Americans from countries that our president has investments in, such as Afghanistan, Pakistan, The UAE etc are still more than welcome".

If you're gonna quote, quote the whole statement 'Enry.

Monica Monica
Report whoopi January 29, 2017 4:39 AM GMT
That's quite a country they've got there.

Praise Allah my ancestors chose Australia not America.

Monica Monica
Report henryluca January 29, 2017 9:59 PM GMT
I have no memory at all of that post. It's pretty good though.

Agreed --the post was very LaughLaugh

Thought it deserved more accolades than it got --or didnt get

WD kAMI
Report whoopi January 30, 2017 5:39 AM GMT
More people die falling out of bed each year in America than are killed by Islamic Terrorists.

We believe Trump needs to sign an executive order banning beds.

Monica Monica
Report zoom_top January 30, 2017 11:22 AM GMT
Non-Islamic Terrorists in Canada, that's got to be a ' first '
Report henryluca January 30, 2017 11:45 AM GMT
THE Presidential executive order only applies to individuals travelling from one of the seven named countries.

IF you are travelling to the US from anywhere other than one of those countries (for instance, the UK) the executive order does not apply to you and you will experience no extra checks regardless of your nationality or your place of birth.

IF you are a UK national who happens to be travelling from one of those countries to the US, then the order does not apply to you - even if you were born in one of those countries.

IF you are a dual citizen of one of those countries travelling to the US from OUTSIDE those countries then the order does not apply to you.

THE only dual nationals who might have extra checks are those coming from one of the seven countries themselves - for example a UK-Libya dual national coming from Libya to the US.
Report henryluca January 31, 2017 7:45 AM GMT
WASHINGTON — President Trump fired his acting attorney general on Monday night, removing her as the nation’s top law enforcement officer after she defiantly refused to defend his executive order closing the nation’s borders to refugees and people from predominantly Muslim countries.

In an escalating crisis for his 10-day-old administration, the president declared in a statement that Sally Q. Yates, who had served as deputy attorney general under President Barack Obama, had betrayed the administration by announcing that Justice Department lawyers would not defend Mr. Trump’s order against legal challenges.
Report zoom_top January 31, 2017 12:15 PM GMT
Price for Trump making the 4 year mark is drifting everyday, every hour if you like. I thought from the beginning that it would be a giant stuff up.
Report whoopi January 31, 2017 9:28 PM GMT
The White House has said a five-year-old boy was detained for more than four hours and reportedly handcuffed at an airport because he posed a “security risk”.

The boy, reportedly a US citizen with an Iranian mother, was one of more than 100 people detained following President Donald Trump’s immigration order.

You couldn't make this stuff up!

Although statistically Trump is correct, more Americans have been killed by toddlers than terrorists from the banned countries.

Monica Monica
Report VeryLTU February 2, 2017 12:21 AM GMT
the stopper and Vltu have quit the railway. sold our ten percent to some muslim dude just off the plane at tulla.... we're going to mexico some joint called juarahole where the stopper knows some pharmaceuticals import export bloke with an old cessna for sale. Should be perfect for some night time flying over a fence we built along the US border. we know the best spots for some low flying passovers. 10,000 pesos for each parachute and passenger into texas.
Report henryluca February 2, 2017 12:29 AM GMT
WASHINGTON –  Assuming the somber duties of commander in chief, President Donald Trump made an unannounced trip Wednesday to honor the returning remains of a U.S. Navy SEAL killed in a weekend raid in Yemen.

Chief Special Warfare Operator William "Ryan" Owens, a 36-year-old from Peoria, Illinois, was the first known U.S. combat casualty since Trump took office less than two weeks ago. More than half a dozen militant suspects were also killed in the raid on an al-Qaida compound and three other U.S. service members were wounded.

An 8-year-old American girl was among more than a dozen civilians killed in the operation.

Trump's trip to Delaware's Dover Air Base was shrouded in secrecy. The president and his daughter, Ivanka, departed the White House in the presidential helicopter with their destination unannounced. A small group of journalists traveled with Trump on the condition that the visit was not reported until his arrival.

Marine One landed at Dover shortly before a C-17 believed to be carrying Owens' remains touched down. The president met with Owens' family during a two-hour visit to the base. The sailor's family had requested that Trump's visit and the return of Owens' remains be private.
Report henryluca February 2, 2017 7:11 AM GMT
Do you believe it? The Obama Administration agreed to take thousands of illegal immigrants from Australia. Why? I will study this dumb deal!

Trump-twitter

The deal struck up between the two leaders would have seen the United States accept just over twelve hundred refugees currently detained on Manus Island and Nauru.

Malcolm Turnbull says despite a fiery tweet by Donald Trump today blasting a refugee agreement between Australia and the United States as a dumb deal, the US president has confirmed to him that he'll honour it.

On Twitter today the president has pledged to study the deal, which he claims would see America take thousands of illegal immigrants from Australia.

The prime minister has told Macquarie radio that the president's press spokesman and the US embassy have also confirmed Mr Trump will honour the deal.

Mr Turnbull also denied Donald Trump hung up on him.

“This is the worst deal ever,” Mr Trump reportedly said about the refugee deal, complaining that he was “going to get killed” politically. He also accused Australia of seeking to export the “next Boston bombers”.

In a conversation that was characterised as “hostile and charged” and that contrasted with productive talks held with other countries, Mr Trump apparently told the PM he had spoken with four other world leaders that day, including Russian President Vladimir Putin, and “this was the worst call by far”.

Mr Trump also indulged in discussion about his election win and the size of his inauguration crowd, before ending the call when Mr Turnbull suggested they discuss the conflict in Syria and other foreign issues.

The US President appears to have taken a similar tone with other world leaders, reportedly threatening to send US troops to Mexico to stop “bad hombres down there”.
Report henryluca February 2, 2017 7:13 AM GMT
According to reports that were apparently based on a leaked White House document, the US president told Peña Nieto: “You have a bunch of bad hombres down there. You aren’t doing enough to stop them. I think your military is scared. Our military isn’t, so I just might send them down to take care of it.”
Report whoopi February 2, 2017 8:13 AM GMT
Time for Turnbull to line us up with China.

You can't fix stupid.

We need to be on the winning team.

Monica Monica
Report zoom_top February 2, 2017 12:15 PM GMT
Is it true that Kim Jong-un said that now he doesn't look so bad ? Laugh
Report J.R.Hartley February 2, 2017 2:33 PM GMT
You'll pay for upsetting Emperor Trump...
Report henryluca February 3, 2017 8:31 PM GMT
TRUMP HITS IRAN WITH NEW SANCTIONS

Mr Trump has also hit Iran with new sanctions, days after his administration put the regimen “on notice” for testing a second ballistic missile.
The sanctions will target 12 business and 13 individuals who support Iran’s missile program.

The move is meant to signal a tougher, harsher approach to Iran — a country with which former President Barack Obama struck a nuclear deal.
Mr Trump issued another warning overnight when he tweeted, “Iran is playing with fire — they don’t appreciate how ‘kind’ President Obama was to them. Not me!
Report VeryLTU February 3, 2017 10:41 PM GMT
hopefully this idiot isn't going to inspire israel into "action" knowing they'd now have full back up from the good ol' U S of A. I might have been wrong about this idiot, he's not just in it for his own personal gain like 99% of them .... he is the genuine racist lunatic with a desire for world domination .... like someone else from the twentieth century.
Report whoopi February 4, 2017 1:26 AM GMT
Turnbull handled Trump well.

Trump has a narcissistic personality disorder. People with this disorder live in a world of extremes. You are my best friend or my worst enemy.

By playing a straight bat Turnbull or Trunbull(a deliberate way of demeaning) gave him no ammunition. He's obviously been very well advised by a psychologist.

Monica Monica
Report henryluca February 4, 2017 11:30 AM GMT
Report zoom_top February 5, 2017 10:06 AM GMT
Whoopi, Donald is a well-balanced courteous individual - he said so himself.
Report zoom_top February 5, 2017 10:11 AM GMT
I watch (American) PBS on SBS everyday at 1pm. I recommend this soon to be, long running soap to all forumites.
Report henryluca February 6, 2017 3:53 AM GMT
DON’T BLAME ME, BLAME THE JUDICIARY: TRUMP

PRESIDENT Trump has attacked the US legal system, saying judges have put the country in ‘peril’ by overturning his travel ban. ‘If something happens blame him and court system’.

“I have instructed Homeland Security to check people coming into our country VERY CAREFULLY. The courts are making the job very difficult!” he tweeted this morning.
Report henryluca February 14, 2017 6:34 AM GMT
US PRESIDENT Donald Trump has remained remarkably quiet over the news his national security adviser Michael Flynn has resigned.

The resignation comes after reports Mr Flynn misled the Trump administration officials about his contacts with Russia’s ambassador to the US, and therefore could become a target of Russian blackmail.

The US Army is also reportedly investigating whether Mr Flynn received money from the Russian government during a 2015 trip to Moscow, the New York Times reports.

Mr Flynn was paid to attend the anniversary of Russia Today, a Russian television network controlled by Vladimir Putin.

Mr Flynn, the Times suggests, sat next to Mr Putin himself.

Mr Flynn reportedly blamed his “faulty memory” rather than apologise, it publication claims.

The White House is apparently in such a state over the controversy, “the knives are out”, a White House official told CNN.

“There’s a lot of unhappiness about this.”
Report henryluca February 14, 2017 10:00 PM GMT
Hitler reacts to Donald Trump Getting the Republican Nomination for President

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEKUIOURVRw
Report whoopi February 16, 2017 9:34 PM GMT
I'm bringing back da dredge
Report zoom_top February 17, 2017 2:27 PM GMT
You're gunna need a bigger dredge Cool
Report Joel February 18, 2017 1:25 AM GMT
Will you be making the presentation at The Meadows tonight zoom_top?
Report zoom_top February 18, 2017 2:05 AM GMT
Yes of course, Joel, I'll be the one in a tu-tu Laugh
Report zoom_top February 18, 2017 2:08 AM GMT
"I'll come on board with Climate Change when China comes on board" - sounds fair Donald.
Report whoopi February 18, 2017 2:12 AM GMT
"It doesn't matter who comes on board, it's too late, we're all doomed"

Socrates
Report henryluca February 25, 2017 6:39 AM GMT
Speaking to the Conservative Political Action Conference on Friday, Mr. Trump launched what was easily the most blistering attack on the media and corporate elites of his already bellicose and eventful presidency. His speech also included a promise to throw undocumented immigrants “the hell out of the country”

Mr. Trump’s less restrained approach energized CPAC attendees who had once viewed the developer-turned-reality-star as a self-promotional celebrity curiosity — they serenaded him with chants of “Trump” and “U.S.A.” And his message is resonating with Republican voters, over 80 percent of whom approve of his job performance, despite historically low levels of support among all voters.
Report The_KAMIKAZEE_DRINKING_MACHINE February 25, 2017 11:23 AM GMT
Since when has Israel not had the full backing of the USA? Billions of dollars in aid every year for decades,billions of dollars worth of arms not to mention going to war against their enemies. How much more do you want?
Report VeryLTU February 25, 2017 10:54 PM GMT
under the last president. the pre emptive strike on irans nuclear plant was stopped by obama.... instead they just cooperated to fk up the hexaflouro centrifuges. imo.
Report henryluca February 26, 2017 1:52 AM GMT
It was political incorrect to do anything under Obama except pamper to minority groups while silent middle Americans had no voice  imo
Report coboz February 26, 2017 2:12 AM GMT
Think the word is pander Henry - not pamper.
Report whoopi February 26, 2017 8:55 PM GMT
L
Report henryluca March 1, 2017 10:03 PM GMT
Merit based Immigration system--Thump in his speech to congress -mentions Australia---

Trump's Address To Joint Session Of Congress

Each American generation passes the torch of truth, liberty, and justice in an unbroken chain all the way down to the president. That torch is now in our hands, and we will use it to light up the world. I am here tonight to deliver a message of unity and strength, and it is a message deeply delivered from my heart. A new chapter —

— of American greatness is now beginning. A new national pride is sweeping across our nation, and a new surge of optimism is placing impossible dreams firmly within our grasp. What we are witnessing today is the renewal of the American spirit. Our allies will find once that America is once again ready to lead.

All the nations of the world, friend or foe, will find that America is strong, America is proud, and America is free. In nine years, United States will celebrate the 250th anniversary of our founding. 250 years since the day we declared our independence. It will be one of the great milestones in the history of the world. But what will America look like as we reach our 250th year? What kind of country will we leave for our children? I will not allow the mistakes of recent decades past to define the course of our future. For too long, we have watched our middle-class shrink as we have exported our jobs and wealth to foreign countries. We financed and built one global project after another, but ignored the fates of our children.

And we’ve spent trillions and trillions of dollars overseas while our infrastructure at home has so badly crumbled. Then in 2016, the Earth shifted beneath our feet. The rebellion started as a quiet protest, spoken by families of all colors and creeds, families who just wanted a fair shot for their children and a fair hearing for their concerns. But then, the quiet voices became a loud chorus, as thousands of citizens now spoke out together from cities small and large all across our country. Finally, the chorus became an earthquake, and the people turned out, by the tens of millions, and they were all united by one very simple but crucial demand - that America must put its own citizens first. Because only then, can we truly make America great again.
Report zoom_top March 3, 2017 10:06 AM GMT
Jeff Sessions LIED to the American public - in the bin (Mad as Hell style)Grin
Report zoom_top March 23, 2017 10:48 PM GMT
A 'grab' which refers to editorials from The Wall St Journal and Washington Post - "Both editorials come amid a tough few days for the President with two senior US politicians warning Mr Trump’s term in office could be cut much shorter than anyone thinks."   further - “Two months into his Presidency, Gallup has Mr. Trump’s approval rating at 39%,” the editorial reads.

“No doubt Mr Trump considers that fake news, but if he doesn’t show more respect for the truth most Americans may conclude he’s a fake President.”
My thoughts? - you're fired !
Report henryluca March 24, 2017 12:02 AM GMT
Zoom---the polls are not something you would bet your last dollar on---repeating poll numbers doesn't make them any less fake imo

The people voted----the elite and the so called young educated are still finding it very very hard to accept their opinions are not what counts

-just sayin...

Wink
Report henryluca March 24, 2017 12:07 AM GMT
On a slightly side note-- minorities want to rally together and shout freedom of speech --yet when anyone voices a difference of opinion they want to smash that persons head onto cement.

Marriage equality advocate IBM Australia is being targeted by ­militant gay rights activists who have condemned the company over a senior executive’s links to a ­Christian organisation.

Activists have criticised the IT giant and Sydney-based managing partner Mark Allaby, suggesting that his role on the board of the Lachlan Macquarie Institute, an internship program for young Christians, is incompatible with IBM’s public support on the issue.

The social media campaign comes after the same activists shamed Adelaide brewer Coopers into pledging allegiance to Australian Marriage Equality after its ties with the Bible Society were ­exposed.

Michael Barnett, convener of Jewish LGBTI support group Aleph Melbourne, and Rod Swift, a Greens candidate in the 2014 state election, have targeted IBM with a barrage of messages via Twitter in recent days, accusing the company of hypocrisy for ­allowing an employee to be ­involved with “an anti-LGBTI ­organisation”.

Curiously when in Sydney on Tuesday I had 2 Coopers rather than my usual Crown - so marketing can work
Report zoom_top March 25, 2017 3:06 AM GMT
"Zoom---the polls are not something you would bet your last dollar on---repeating poll numbers doesn't make them any less fake imo"

Apparently Chief Paddy Power guy being interviewed in Dublin said that there's huge interest in the fortunes or misfortunes of the Donald. He said that he has over 100 markets just on this subject. He went on to say that there will be a 'subset' created and he was looking for a smart uni student from the USA to manage this subset. Currently the markets on the Donald lasting to the end of 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 etc make interesting viewing.

(Not sure where the beer crept in here on this thread but I do enjoy beer so maybe ... !! )

Interview mentioned can be viewed by googling underlined below -

PBS NewsHour full episode March 23, 2017

54:19Video duration: 54:19 Aired: 03/23/17 Expires: 04/22/17Rating: NRVideo has closed captioning.

Thursday on the NewsHour, House Republicans delay a vote to repeal and replace Obamacare, a setback for President Trump. Also: Calls for an independent investigation after the House Intelligence chair goes straight to the White House, more U.S. troops on the ground in Syria, the potential impact of the GOP health care plan, betting on the Trump presidency and how memories can shape our present.
Report henryluca March 29, 2017 3:52 AM BST
At a ceremony, Mr. Trump directed the Environmental Protection Agency to start the complex and lengthy legal process of withdrawing and rewriting the Obama-era Clean Power Plan, which would have closed hundreds of coal-fired power plants, frozen construction of new plants and replaced them with vast new wind and solar farms.

“C’mon, fellas. You know what this is? You know what this says?” Mr. Trump said to the miners. “You’re going back to work.”

Report henryluca April 7, 2017 6:16 AM BST
Breaking News--7 April

The United States has fired a barrage of cruise missiles into Syria in retaliation for this week's chemical weapons attack against civilians.

About 60 US Tomahawk missiles, fired from warships in the Mediterranean Sea, targeted an air base in retaliation for a chemical weapons attack that American officials believe Syrian government aircraft launched with a nerve agent, possibly sarin.

The targets at the government-controlled Shayrat base, in central Syria, were an airstrip, aircraft and fuel stations, a US official said.

The base was where US officials say the Syrian military planes that dropped the chemicals had taken off.

The missiles hit early Friday morning, local time, with the US military claiming it appeared the strikes severely damaged or destroyed Syrian aircraft as well as support infrastructure and equipment.

The attack killed some Syrians and wounded others, Talal Barazi, the governor of Syria's Homs province, told The Associated Press. He did not give precise numbers.

"The use of chemical weapons against innocent people will not be tolerated," the Pentagon said in a statement, adding the strike was intended to deter the regime from using chemical weapons again.

The President's national security adviser, General HR McMaster, said Mr Trump was given three options for possible responses to the chemical attack and told advisers to focus on two. He made a decision the day before the strikes.
Report megsy April 8, 2017 11:00 AM BST
wanted...underground bunker, any condition Shocked
Report zoom_top April 8, 2017 1:30 PM BST
We live in very uncertain times. A loose cannon was elected President - metaphoric. Putin has given him, and I quote, "a stern warning". Not sure that will sit well with the Donald.
Report zoom_top April 19, 2017 6:14 PM BST
The Donald has done absolutely nothing since I last posted - (April 8) except nearly starting WW3 but who cares ??????????
Report henryluca April 21, 2017 6:16 AM BST
has done  absolutely nothing since

Seems to be more fitting to describe Obama's reign Wink

Someone had to do something about the Syrians chemical warfare against their own adults and children and all countries in our region must not want North Korea to increase their nuclear power----

Quite frankly imo the world needs an alpha male leader ---UK has a skirt/ Germany likewise--France could very likely in the near future have a kid-----
Report zoom_top May 17, 2017 4:00 PM BST
(has done absolutely nothing since)  I was being provocative, Henry. Anyway case proven - there is absolutely no interest among forumites - he must be a 7 day wonder !!  And in fact this may well be true. We will be better off when he has gone and that won't be long now. And yes, I have bet on it being true. (thanks, Betfair)
Report henryluca May 18, 2017 12:39 AM BST
With all the fake news around about Thump its hard to find anything genuine to report----2 things are clear however -

1. The latte drinking Democrats and their supporters are very very bad losers

2. A real alpha male is too much of a threat to their insignificant egos
Report henryluca May 22, 2017 2:20 AM BST
While the latte drinking self doubting democrats are trying to get the US most alpha president impeached----

US President Donald Trump is visiting Israel and the Palestinian territories, as he continues his Middle East trip.
He flies in from Saudi Arabia, a key US ally, where he gave a speech to Arab and Muslim leaders at a summit.
Mr Trump will hold talks with both Israeli and Palestinian leaders during the course of his one-day stop.
The president has called an Israeli-Palestinian peace agreement "the ultimate deal", but has been vague about what form it should take.
He has said he prefers to leave it to both sides to decide between them in direct talks.
At a summit in Riyadh on Sunday, Mr Trump called on Arab and Muslim leaders to take the lead in combating Islamist militants, urging them to "drive them out of this earth".
He singled out Iran, saying it had "fuelled the fires of sectarian conflict and terror" in the region for decades.

Wink
Report beejay111 May 23, 2017 6:05 AM BST
i know u can bet on politics ,and i am as interested as most,but i do not even want to see trumps name,even though i am for giving him a go,amongt what is essentially a sports site.i would not normally comment but i love my sport,i love a punt and i love the texture of a newspaper where even in the back pages i am forced to see headlines such as afl must lead way in gay rights,race etc.i hanker for the day when sport was sport and the front pages were for hyperbole and knee jerk reactions.i understand my own irony .
Report henryluca May 23, 2017 7:35 AM BST
amongt what is essentially a sports site.i would not normally comment but i love my sport,

Hope to see a thread from you Beejay relating to sport---on the 'Australian' forum site--would be great to see more sport related commentary-----but as you may see few make comments and even fewer create threads for comments.

Curiously which are your preferred sport and your punting preferences

Cheers
Report henryluca May 24, 2017 12:27 AM BST
Wall St edges higher as Trump budget meets expectations

Where are all the self loathing democrats now that the financial markets are stronger than under their administration
Report henryluca June 9, 2017 4:50 AM BST
Lets see ----

1. A sacked FBI head

2. Apparently competent in his field and mostly authoritative--as you would expect

3. Never thought to tell Trump that he was 'out of line' in allegedly  suggesting the dropping of an investigation 

That IMO would have / should have been the very first reply to any suggestion to drop any investigation.

Sour grapes for his sacking-
Report henryluca July 27, 2017 6:13 AM BST
Donald Trump's decision to ban transgender people from serving in the US military has been met with anger and defiance by current and former troops, with one airman saying he "would like to see them try" to kick him out.

Key points:

Mr Trump says the military can no longer be burdened by transgender individuals
Rights groups, politicians on both sides say ban is purely political
Serving transgender personnel say they will continue to serve their country
Mr Trump said the military, "cannot be burdened with the tremendous medical costs and disruption that transgender in the military would entail"

Well Done Trump - well done
Report henryluca July 29, 2017 8:28 AM BST
The demise of Reince Priebus was announced in a series of Tweets from the President late on Friday afternoon DC time.

Looked a bedwetter anyway---no room for them in this alpha political party

WD Trump
Report henryluca July 29, 2017 8:31 AM BST
Mr Scaramucci and Mr Trump are both proud New Yorkers and in part the latest news may reflect a split between them and the Washington establishment.

"Reince is a f*****g paranoid schizophrenic, a paranoiac," Mr Scaramucci told New Yorker reporter Ryan Lizza.

He suspected Mr Priebus had leaked a publicly available financial document to get at him, telling the reporter he had contacted the FBI and Justice Department.

"He'll be asked to resign shortly," he said.

Lizza says the conversation took place after he tweeted that Mr Scaramucci was having dinner with the President, talk show host Sean Hannity and former Fox executive Bill Shine.

Reince Priebus, former chief of staff, fired and replaced by General John Kelly.

Sean Spicer, former press secretary, resigned reportedly after giving the President an ultimatum over Anthony Scaramucci's hiring.

Mike Dubke, former communications director, resigned after three months and gave no reason for leaving.

He says the Donald Trump loyalist called him, furious that the details of the dinner had leaked.

"Who leaked that to you?" he asked, according to the reporter who refused to answer.

"What I'm going to do is, I will eliminate everyone in the comms team and we'll start over," Mr Scaramucci responded.

AHH New Yorkers--tough as!!
Report zoom_top August 2, 2017 12:04 AM BST
'The Mutch' has gone. Yea, really tough guy. What a mess. Hard to find anyone who respects this chaotic administration. To have a President who has destroyed any credidibility that the presidency may have enjoyed in the past must be a huge embarrassment to all Americans except a few in denial. People will look back at this disfunction and ask - "How did we allow this to happen" ?
Report henryluca August 20, 2017 6:15 AM BST
Larry Laughlin, a retired businessman from a Minneapolis suburb, compares Mr. Trump to a high school senior who could “walk up to the table with the jocks and the cheerleaders and put them in their place.” That is something that the “nerds and the losers, whose dads are unemployed and moms are working in the cafeteria,” could never do. Mr. Trump may be rich, he said, but actually belonged at the nerd table.
Report henryluca January 12, 2018 2:57 AM GMT
Trumpy is the man for these times when minority groups want to push and shove using social media ---no nonsense ---leadership style is exactly whet USA needs--stockmarket booming---extra money in workers pockets and many many extra jobs

WD Trumpy --WD
Report henryluca January 14, 2018 4:06 AM GMT
Ahh you gotta luv this guy--he says it as it is

“Why are we having all these people from **** countries come here?” Trump said,
Report henryluca January 20, 2018 8:16 PM GMT
Democrats ---IDIOTS!

Summed up

"Democrats are far more concerned with illegal immigrants than they are with our great military or safety at our dangerous southern border,"
Report henryluca January 21, 2018 7:49 PM GMT
blamed Senate Democratic Leader Chuck Schumer for the shutdown, accusing him and Democrats of "holding lawful citizens hostage over their demands for amnesty for illegal immigrants."
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now