Forums

Grand National

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Callisto-moon
11 Apr 18 08:00
| Topic/replies: 3,078 | Blogger: Callisto-moon's blog
no matter how much ive tried this one is hard to fault.
Share |
Show More
Report Bindaree April 11, 2018 1:07 PM BST
May win but I can find a big fault, it's run in last years Irish National which was it's only attempt in a long distance (3m plus) handicap chase.
Report Shakepseare's Sheriff April 11, 2018 2:11 PM BST
Disagree Binderee....agree with you Callisto. 
Proven stamina in decent races, 3 x cheltenham wins shows he must have some class, trainer adept at geeting them ready on the right mark, will have a very good jockey on board, still only 8 but yet massively experienced and his best ratings have been this season so still showing signs of improving.
Whats not to like!.......well maybe in the horses history it might be looked at that he likes better ground but winning last time on soft perhaps put that to bed.
Report shockster April 11, 2018 2:33 PM BST
I've backed this lad, but have to say his jumping has to hold up.  As Bindaree says last year in the Irish National he jumped appallingly. He won the 4m NH Chase in spite of his jumping at Cheltenham last year.  He must have some engine but if he jumps poorly he has no chance. At 50's he was worth the risk, but I couldn't play at current prices.
Report Bindaree April 11, 2018 5:22 PM BST
Not saying wont win just answering the thread. The X country race is a mickey mouse contest, the horse that finished second is moderate. In the 4 miler it had the advantage of being the highest rated but ran off level weights. Also after the Cheltenham race this horse was very distressed and the TV cameras wouldn't even put it in shot for fear it was going to collapse.
Report Bindaree April 11, 2018 5:23 PM BST
I do agree about the jockey though.
Report sewter lives again April 12, 2018 10:05 AM BST
just seen him on TV, knew he was quite a small horse but didnt realise quite how small
Report Bindaree April 12, 2018 10:59 AM BST
I don't like small horses in the GN but it is probably the one horse taking into account it's weight, age, staying power and potential improvement who could blow the field away. Not betting it and don't really fancy but everything else does seem totally exposed without any scope for massive improvement.
Report mr meagi April 12, 2018 3:44 PM BST
I am a great admirer of this horse and Elliott is a genius with all things equine....but,Mick Fitzgerald is worried about his jumping...he is low and choppy and after seeing him demolish the Aintree fence in the cross-country at Cheltenham...if he get's round, I will go to confessions..and I'm not even a CatholicCool
Report Facts April 13, 2018 3:30 AM BST
Oh well ' .....if MF says ....' then you know it's got no chance !!!!LaughLaughLaugh

Lump on !
Report unclepuncle April 13, 2018 7:17 AM BST
Won't get round - place lay.
Report impossible123 April 13, 2018 7:55 AM BST
Maybe not, Tiger Roll is one of my 4 selections. I've not had a GN winner for the last 7 years, but 6 2nds.
Report lockup April 13, 2018 11:48 AM BST
think if he takes to the fences massive chance you have to be adaptable and nimble footed for x-country course Seagram only small but jumped them fine.
Report Bindaree April 13, 2018 12:21 PM BST
Unfortunately the two races are poles apart. In the GN there is a relentless end to end gallop whereas in the mickey mouse race they are stopping and turning etc. Hence why a horse like Any Currency was rated in the 150s over X country but wasn't sighted in the GN off a low 130s rating.
Report Facts April 13, 2018 6:41 PM BST
They used to just ' hunt ' them round, on the first circuit, and then start racing. Do you think this has changed since the fences were altered ?
Report Bindaree April 13, 2018 8:30 PM BST
In short, definitely !!
Report sewter lives again April 13, 2018 8:54 PM BST
probably need to truly stay now certainly less emphasis on jumping
Report mr meagi April 14, 2018 5:33 PM BST
What does a Catholic Church look like!BlushBlushBlush
Report wondersobright April 14, 2018 5:39 PM BST

Apr 13, 2018 -- 12:41PM, Facts wrote:

They used to just ' hunt ' them round, on the first circuit, and then start racing. Do you think this has changed since the fences were altered ?

100% yes

Report impossible123 April 14, 2018 6:01 PM BST
Well done everyone who's backed him. A well deserved winner despite the winning margin.
Report wondersobright April 14, 2018 6:05 PM BST
remember gordon told kevin blake who then passed it on during the ATR preview that tiger roll was absolutely phuckin flying and was going to run a big race (at cheltenham)
Report charwell. April 14, 2018 9:00 PM BST
Yes, I saw that interview and backed him whilst at Cheltenham simply on the authority with which he said it. Hacked up there and then had him again today as was most impressed.

A tremendous little beast :)
Report irishone April 14, 2018 10:14 PM BST
W d callisto
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now