Forums

Grand National

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
dunlaying
15 Mar 18 13:59
| Topic/replies: 4,497 | Blogger: dunlaying's blog
This forum is dying so lets have some postings please.
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Your shortlist of 6 ?
Show More
Report keeping silent March 28, 2018 7:15 PM BST
2 at the moment :
Seeyouatmidnight and Captain Redbeard . Both doubled up with Noren , Casey , Fleetwood and Pieters in the Masters.
Good luck one and all
Report paulo47 March 28, 2018 8:59 PM BST
Ucello Conti , Regal Encore , The Dutchman , Captain Redbeard and Saint Are at prices , Total Recall otherwise .
Report Bindaree March 28, 2018 10:17 PM BST
Difficult to see how Captain Redbeard can possibly beat Gas Line Boy on their running together over the national fences last Dec.
Report Bindaree March 29, 2018 2:38 PM BST
Just to clarify an earlier post whereby I said I had a "few quid on Shantou Flyer" last year. I think I've confused myself as I've never bet a 7 yr old or never will in the GN. I did have it earmarked as a potential candidate when it was an appropriate age. I have only just realised it's only 8 now and with that in mind I certainly wouldn't disregard it on last years running.
Report The Dragon March 30, 2018 10:55 AM BST
my antepost to date

are

Blacklion 12/1
Vieu lion Rouge 50/1
Acappella Bourgious 150/1

will add

see you at midnight 25/1
Rathvinden at 37/1
vintage clouds at 50/1
Report sageform March 30, 2018 11:05 AM BST
Minella Rocco, Bellshill, The Dutchman, Milansbar, As De Mee, The Last Samurai.
Report irishone March 31, 2018 11:41 PM BST
ADDED

ALPHA DES OBEAUX 50s

.....this is a class horse raced against all the best in the game , check out his c v hasnt often carried as low as 11 stone. Done the mildmay , pure class.
Mouse knows the score.
Report Bindaree April 1, 2018 12:36 AM BST
Done the Mildmay? Yes finished last of 4 and beaten out of sight  lol
Report Bindaree April 1, 2018 12:41 AM BST
And the reason it hasn't carried less than 11 stone is because it has only contested 2 handicaps and in one ,the Irish National,  it carried 10-12 and was beaten out of sight. Not saying it wont win but will probably need a lot to not finish.
Report Fabulous April 1, 2018 12:54 AM BST
Revised shortlist for me.

1. Tiger Roll
2. Total Recall
3. Ucello Conti
4. Raz De Maree
5. Maggio
6. Houblon Des Obeaux
Report Bindaree April 1, 2018 12:58 AM BST
Maggio ? 13 yr old that has never won on a rating over 140 but is now asked to win off 145 ?
Report Fabulous April 1, 2018 1:21 AM BST
Wow, thanks Bindaree for pointing out to me that it was a 13 year old. How do you find this information out, is it in the paper or something. I must admit I'm a bit new to this game. I thought that all horses that ran in The National were the same age or something. I feel like a proper fool. I seen the 10-7 next to his name, and thought that that meant he was 10 years, 7 months. So embarrassing.

140??? 145??? I don't even know what you're talking about, what do these numbers mean?

It's MY shortlist of 6 Bindaree, not yours. It's a shortlist. It doesn't mean I'm putting the mortgage on these horses, should I decide to bet any of them. Do you know what a shortlist is? What part of this can you not comprehend? You seem to be trolling round every post on The National Forum, giving a dig to each persons selections, cutting about like you're some sort of expert on all things Aintree.

I'm perfectly capable of picking my own selections without your guidance.

Just  2 or 3 more things......

1. Thanks for all your help. It's good to have a Grand National "Guru" holding my hand along the way.

2. Seriously, can you tell me what the 140 & 145 really means?

3. Kindly **** off.
Report Roselier April 1, 2018 9:35 AM BST
Tiger Roll
Seeyouatmidnight
Rathvinden
Ucello Conti
Total Recall
Gas Line Boy
Report Bindaree April 1, 2018 11:36 AM BST
Fabulous, it's a forum mate and there's no need to be obnoxious. People put forward horses and others discuss what they think are it's merits. If you don't want people to comment then why put them on here. I merely put forward a valid point and I wasn't ridiculing you because I have no strong fancy for the race and I assume you are being facetious when you say you don't know what ORs are. Also nowhere can you find anything to suggest I'm telling you what to put forward as your fancies as there would be no need for this forum if that was the case. You also have to remember that I'm not a guru but I did win the race in 2002  lol.
Report impossible123 April 1, 2018 12:16 PM BST
Bindaree, may I suggest you put that poster on ignore? I've, and I've not missed his/her "contribution" here one bit since! Try it and trust me you'll not regret it. By doing so you're also allowing and encouraging a nicer breed and more considerate posters who do not think or claim they rule this platform or horse racing oficianados.

My humble 4 are (1) Tiger Roll (2) Total Recall, (3) Cause Of Causes and (4) Rathvinden. I hope at least 2 will turn up.

Happy Easter!
Report Bindaree April 1, 2018 2:23 PM BST
Thanks for the advice Impossible but it doesn't bother me, just a bit disappointed. Nearer the race I will put forward some horses, they will be bigger priced ones looking more for the place angle, and no doubt plenty will disagree and if they give their reasons I can happily live with that but I wont disrespect their views. Quite frankly I will probably agree anyway because I can't find a horse in the field which hasn't got chinks in it's armoury. At least a few more are starting to come onto this forum.
Report Bindaree April 1, 2018 2:35 PM BST
And BTW I've not trolled anybody. If I have an opinion that I don't think a horse will stay, jump round, too old, too young or anything else it's just my opinion and surely that's what the forum is about, OPINIONS !! And I'm not saying anybody elses is wrong if I disagree with them.
Report sageform April 1, 2018 6:58 PM BST
Bellshill runs tomorrow so unlikely to be at Aintree. Suppose I should back it tomorrow but I don't like taking on Elliott with so many runners. They are capable of baulking everything else.
Report charwell. April 2, 2018 4:14 AM BST
wow, has Fabulous got PMT or something?!

What a pathetic and childish reply to somebody raising a very relevant point. No need to be so tetchy about a discussion forum being used for er................discussion Crazy

Some interesting lists. Not sure I can really produce one until nearer the time as going is everything for me on National Day. If it's soft/heavy I will discount anything carrying above 11 stone and hasn't won over at least 3m 4f.
Report sageform April 2, 2018 5:12 PM BST
Gutted. Bellshill gave them all a jumping lesson but just didn't quite stay.
Report Bindaree April 2, 2018 8:19 PM BST
Thought it stayed on again near the finish Sageform but it was a terrific performance giving all that weight away(over a stone to the other 4).
Report Bindaree April 2, 2018 8:19 PM BST
And in that ground I should have added !!
Report the bloob April 2, 2018 8:23 PM BST
Tiger Roll
Rathvinden
Vintage Clouds
Ucello Conti

4 is enough for me
Report Bindaree April 2, 2018 9:46 PM BST
Vintage Clouds
Shantou Flyer
Thunder and Roses

Lot depends on going really
Report shockster April 3, 2018 2:04 PM BST
My Ante Post bets

Tiger Roll 50/1
The Last Samurai 50/1
Warriors Tale 60/1
Shantou Flyer 60/1
Final Nudge 80/1
Captain Redbeard 130/1 and 80/1.
Virgilio 130/1

Basically 1 placed and all bets covered.
Report Bindaree April 3, 2018 2:12 PM BST
Shockster, I'm having a few doubts about Shantou Flyer now. When you look at it's relatives there doesn't seem to be any real stayers but a lot of 20 furlong horses. It's looks like it should stay and has the class but whether it will last out 4 miles plus I'm not so sure. Anyone know if it has any half brothers etc that I might have missed ?
Report Mystiko91 April 3, 2018 2:16 PM BST
I'm keen on Vintage Clouds too, but at 52 in the weights, even with the likely non-runners, I'm not convinced he will get in this year?
Report Mystiko91 April 3, 2018 2:18 PM BST
My 6 against the field...

Total Recall
Tiger Roll
Regal Encore
Warriors Tale
Captain Redbeard
Vintage Clouds
Report shockster April 3, 2018 7:19 PM BST
Bindaree, you may well be right, but Shantou Flyer is in great form has good young jockey booked and at 60/1 I think he's worth a go. He acts on soft, so quite a few positives, but if he doesn't stay then it won't matter anyway.
Report Mystiko91 April 3, 2018 8:51 PM BST
Betfair and Paddypower just gone NRNB on the National and both still have Vintage Clouds at 50s for anyone wanting to back him with a run at a decent price (only 33s on the other NRNB books).
Report kelami April 3, 2018 10:41 PM BST
Alpha Des Obeaux
Ucello Conti
Bless The Wings
Warriors Tale
Report shockster April 4, 2018 11:11 AM BST
Just added Baie Des Iles at 75/1 (Hills Boost) Her last run now looks pretty good after the Irish National.  She's only 7 but still has a lot of experience as she came from France.

More of a LONG LIST than a short list now. Laugh
Report sageform April 4, 2018 11:22 AM BST
interesting view about Bellshill Bindaree. I thought he had plenty left going to the second last but he hit that and was treading water (literally) afterwards for me. He tried to run out or refuse at the last which is a sure sign of exhaustion. He lost 4 places from there home and although he was not beaten far, they were all walking by then. Can't see him running again this season but you never know.
Report Rydal April 4, 2018 12:01 PM BST
The time at Fairyhouse on Monday was only 1 second faster than last years Aintree Grand National, despite the much shorter distance. Bellshill was entitled to be exhausted giving lumps of weight to everything about it. If Willie is right about the distraction, I think he should keep the horse to hurdles until next year's weights are announced.
Report Bindaree April 4, 2018 3:09 PM BST
I know what you're saying Sageform but at the last it looked like Bellshill would be beat 4 maybe more lengths at the finish. I didn't bet it , just taking an unbiased view of the race. As for it's rating I think the handicapper won't be fooled by it not running and if it doesn't I say stick a few extra pounds on it, maybe teach wealthy owners that the National isn't there to boost their bank balance or ego. The race belongs to the public or it used to be.
Report Facts April 5, 2018 5:11 PM BST
sageform    02 Apr 18 17:12 
Gutted. Bellshill gave them all a jumping lesson but just didn't quite stay.

Not as gutted as me. Bellshill turned left, causing another horse to broadside into Folsom Blue , ( my bet).
FB certainly wasn't ' walking'  after that.
Without the interference he would have won.
Report sixtwosix April 8, 2018 12:44 PM BST
Shortlist update as we approach 5 day decs

Baie Des Iles - Trained for the day .
The Dutchman - Another with an 'if' , but he was hacking up at Haydock until stopping , stable sound confident.
Milansbar - Big horse who will go very close if in the form of Warwick win.
Regal Encore - If in the mood can do a lot better than last year .
Warriors Tale - Stamina to prove , but serious player if doing so.
The Last Samurai - Ran well all season  ,if patiently ridden can win at 3rd attempt.

Dropped
Road To Riches - changed mind  ,gone at the game
Tiger Roll - price gone and that footage of him stumbling over an Aintree fence.
Shantou Flyer - Busy season and did not get home last year.
Report Bindaree April 8, 2018 3:34 PM BST
Think you may have got The Dutchman, "he was hacking up at Haydock until stopping", mixed up with another horse. He was the first one off the bridle and was pulled up on the first circuit.
Report sixtwosix April 8, 2018 4:10 PM BST
I have indeed oops
Take Two

Shortlist update as we approach 5 day decs

Baie Des Iles - Trained for the day .
Alpha Des Obeaux - Staying hurdler , never fallen over fences ,ran in lots of classy novice events.
Milansbar - Big horse who will go very close if in the form of Warwick win.
Regal Encore - If in the mood can do a lot better than last year .
Warriors Tale - Stamina to prove , but serious player if doing so.
The Last Samurai - Ran well all season  ,if patiently ridden can win at 3rd attempt.

Dropped
Road To Riches - changed mind  ,gone at the game
Tiger Roll - price gone and that footage of him stumbling over an Aintree fence.
Shantou Flyer - Busy season and did not get home last year.
Report impossible123 April 8, 2018 5:47 PM BST
Is Tiger Roll not a better jumper this season? I think he is also a fresher horse than Total Recall after an 89 day break prior to Cheltenham; the latter also fell in the Gold Cup.
Report Parasang April 8, 2018 6:27 PM BST
Anibale Fly
Go Conquer
Tiger Roll
Houblon Des Obeaux
Milansbar
Final Nudge
Report sewter lives again April 9, 2018 12:23 AM BST
Raz de Maree-I really like his chance on soft, not worried he is 13, if it was heavy wouldn't want to be on anything else

Vintage Clouds-if he was to jump an average round he will be right there

Warriors Tale-just beaten at Doncaster but looked to be staying on there and previously at Newbury in other runs, unexposed at longer than 3 miles

Milansbar-has long distance form. Jumped and ran superbly for Bryony at Warwick in same race that Arthur won last year.

Gas line boy-has really good Aintree form, 5th last year when hampered at last 2 fences, will be there again
Report Roselier April 9, 2018 6:53 AM BST
Found on another website.

Shantou's progeny over 28.5 furlongs plus
Runners - 36
Winners - 0
Placed - 1

0% win rate
2.78% place rate

On that evidence it would suggest Shantou Flyer is definitely up against it.
Report Callisto-moon April 9, 2018 10:31 AM BST
didnt gas line fall there?
Report shockster April 9, 2018 11:37 AM BST
Gasline Boy fell 3 out when clear on the Mildmay course.  It still stings. Sad
Report Fabulous April 9, 2018 11:45 AM BST
Fell at the first in 2015 Callisto.

That was a sore one that day Shockster, would surely have won
Report Callisto-moon April 9, 2018 1:13 PM BST
so fallen twice at aintree.
Report Bindaree April 9, 2018 1:21 PM BST
Roselier, I would say that is putting it very diplomatically.
Report Bindaree April 9, 2018 1:24 PM BST
Sewter I like 3 of yours and wouldn't discount the other 2. Vintage may struggle to get in but surely there are still some of these that are going to be pulled out if it is soft !!
Report woodmanchester April 9, 2018 2:12 PM BST
Struck my bets some time ago. In order of payout size

219/1 Captain Redbeard
25/1 Blaklion
69/1 The Last Samuri
64/1 Vintage Clouds
89/1 Vieux Lion Rouge
84/1 Seeyouatmidnight

Missus bets only just struck:

11/1 Total Recall
12/1 Tiger Roll
33/1 Gas Line Boy
Report sewter lives again April 9, 2018 2:24 PM BST
the only one i might add to my 5 is Seeyouatmidnight but annoyed that the price has tumbled

kept on leaving it due to the long absence and worries that it wasnt qualified

seems too short for me now
Report Fistfulofdollars April 9, 2018 4:38 PM BST
If the ground comes up soft I'd be with:
Baie des Iles on at 66s
Milansbar on at 40s
Final Nudge as o/s @66s

Gd/Sft or better
Minella Rocco 16s
Seeyouatmidnight on at 30s

I'll keep the stake on the sixth....
To lay:

Blacklion - 3 negatives - does he really stay?, Hard race at Haydock may have left its mark and higher in the weights since last year
Tiger roll - hard race at cheltenham in the going may have left its mark, not convinced he'll take to the fences
Total Recall - hard race at cheltenham, not sure he'll stay given racing style
Report willie the milk April 9, 2018 5:56 PM BST
From the top.
Anibale Fly
Tiger Roll
Minella Rocco
Saint Are
Lord Windermere
Seeyouatmidnight
GL
Report wondersobright April 9, 2018 9:04 PM BST
re shantou flyer, I am prepared to accept on the balance of his form that the horse just was not right last year (had a hard race when 2nd to cue card at ascot) and the poor form spilled over in to the start of this ssn

but the horse is flying now, has a series of excellent hcap chase lines of form at cheltenham and importantly he will get his ground

he is the most interesting runner in the line up at the big prices imo
Report irishone April 9, 2018 10:00 PM BST
still in the topham
seen it run several times and won once
frankly dissapointed
didnt think hed get the 4 m at cheltenham
so you might be right mate
not sure about the trained though
Report irishone April 9, 2018 10:01 PM BST
* trainer
Report bexley April 10, 2018 11:07 AM BST
I’ll be absolutely gutted if Vintage Clouds doesn’t make it.
I’m finding it extremely hard to find horses that match my selection criteria. I’m currently left with Milansbar, and if soft or worse Raz de Maree.
Given the nature of the National with the chance of bad luck, interference and being brought down I’d prefer another couple of strings to my bow and I can only do that if I conveniently overlook a couple of issues. These would be Baie des Iles (age) and Houblon Des Obeaux (current form). Of the higher weights and favs I could only have Tiger Roll but the price is too short for me
If VC does make it I will be happy to settle for him and Milansbar with a saver on Raz De Maree on soft
Report Callisto-moon April 10, 2018 11:17 AM BST
It is difficuly.
I layed Baie des Iles on the 7 year old stat but shes been smashed in.
As you say hits most other stats but has she got the stamina at a young age.
Report Callisto-moon April 10, 2018 11:21 AM BST
My shortlist so far is a mixed bag og backs and lays.

the backs are:
tiger roll
Anibale fly.

Lays.
Bair des Iles
double ross
minella daddy.
Report Callisto-moon April 10, 2018 11:22 AM BST
And endless there is a huge drift on Baie or she does not get entered im
pretty much stuck with that lay.
Report sewter lives again April 10, 2018 12:00 PM BST
bexley imo if its soft you need to have more than a saver on Raz de Maree
Report Eont April 10, 2018 12:17 PM BST
Shantou Flyer I believe swallowed it's tongue last year.

Carlingford Lough assuming the poor form was a deliberate ploy to get weight off. He has won off what seemed like terrible form in the past.

I Just Know
Report bexley April 10, 2018 12:18 PM BST
I think the trainer summed Raz up nicely on an ATR news item in that he can get detached at the start and needs it very soft to slow them down. I don’t like my runners at the back of the field in the National, it’s kind of asking for trouble as you have to avoid all the trouble occurring in front of you.
However looking at his runs when second in the Welsh National and when winning it clear to see if he’s anywhere near in the mix with say 3 to go then there is unlikely to be a stouter stayer in the line up
Been toying with the idea of backing him in running as if as likely he is well behind on the first circuit his price should be much higher than it’s currently trading
Report bexley April 10, 2018 12:34 PM BST
I also must admit to having 18 horses green on the ante post market here as I have been trading it for months. I only have 4 or 5 significant greens and the rest win me a couple of hundred. The ones that are red are those I can’t picture winning at all and that includes most of the front of the market. In all honesty I can’t see Minella Rocco, Blaklion or The Last Samurai figuring at all because of the weight and Total Recall and Anibale Fly would be 33/1 shots in my book :)
Sadly for for there supporters I’m not a bookie however
If as usual the family come looking for tips then I can only see the 2 or 3 solid each way chances I have mentioned on here
Report sewter lives again April 10, 2018 12:44 PM BST
bexley have a look at his previous 8th in the race on good ground Condon had basically dropped his hands between the last 2 and he was 18th jumping the last he then passes 10 horses on the run-in and is running on very strongly-makes you wonder where he would have finished if he had been ridden out earlier
Report bexley April 10, 2018 12:49 PM BST
I sense you really fancy him sewter!!
Will have a look. The video of his second to Native River is also amazing for how much he is running on at the end
Report sewter lives again April 10, 2018 12:56 PM BST
exactly I was going to compare how he was running on in the 2 races!!

yes very strongly fancy him nearly all of the "experts" have totally disregarded him due to his age and haven't actually looked at the form

if he was 9 or 10 he would be 20/1 or less
Report sewter lives again April 10, 2018 1:05 PM BST
my book is very similar to yours and yes i want Vintage Clouds to run too

I also made sure that Houblon des Obeaux was green especially with VWs horses suddenly sparking.

Like you dont really fancy any of thge market leaders. However, I was impressed by Anibale Fly when it won in Ireland before confirming that in the Gold cup-he is undoudtedly well treated but cant get his really bad Leopardstown fall out of my head
Report bexley April 10, 2018 1:13 PM BST
I backed Houblon at Newcastle 2 races back where I strongly fancied it and had tipped it to a few friends and it didn’t go a yard
Report bexley April 10, 2018 1:16 PM BST
Crap half of my reply didn’t get posted for some reason . I meant to say I can forgive him that as Milansbar did that in the Welsh National and then bounced back straight after. The positives are still there for Houblon, well weighted, top handicap form, stout stayer and will handle the ground
Report bexley April 10, 2018 6:05 PM BST
Just had an each way bet on Raz de Maree limited to £2.50 stakes. They are running scared Sewter
Report duffy April 10, 2018 6:13 PM BST
Two I like are Seeyouatmidnight who missed the festival and has obviously been targeted solely for this, you could see him getting into a rhythm out in front much like the Scottish national where I thought he got home well enough without having quite enough on the day.

The other is The Duthcman who is unexposed and could be on a pretty good mark, he was a very impressive winner on bad ground at Haydock before god knows what happened the next time he pulled up there, although he wouldn't have wanted to be going up anymore anyhow!! We all know that Haydock is a law unto itself but if it could be replicated elsewhere you would surely suggest that Aintree on soft or worse ground might do it.

Both these horses race close to the pace which I think will be the best place to be in the prevailing conditions.
Report sewter lives again April 10, 2018 6:33 PM BST
yep Bexley all the 50s and most of the 40s gone now-only Coral going 40/1- cant think that will last long
Report sixtwosix April 10, 2018 6:56 PM BST
My selection of Baie Des Iles appears to have caused a massive hit in the price today ......Cool
Report Bindaree April 10, 2018 7:26 PM BST
Followed the GN long enough now to know money doesn't make anything win and you always get horses that are false prices especially greys and the ones ridden by females. Milansbar will shorten as well.
Report sixtwosix April 10, 2018 7:35 PM BST
Agreed Bindaree , I expected the horses ridden by women to shrink in price , but thought it would be after tv coverage of them on Friday and Saturday .
Report impossible123 April 10, 2018 7:46 PM BST
Unless Pleasant Company is a late scratching where Baie Des Iles finishes Pleasant Company ought to be infront, all things being equal, surely?
Report Bindaree April 10, 2018 7:47 PM BST
I know you like Baie Des Iles but I do think some are exaggerating it's so-called staying prowess. I've looked at a few races and quite frankly I don't see it finishing strongly. In it's last race it was left for dead from the last and wouldn't even have been 3rd in another furlong.
Report Makybe_Diva April 11, 2018 8:11 AM BST
Milansbar
Chase The Spud
Tiger Roll
Vieux Lion Rouge
Vintage Clouds
Captain Redbeard

Let's hope all the horses and jockeys come back safe and sound. That will be the best result of all Happy
Report Shakepseare's Sheriff April 11, 2018 2:03 PM BST
Makybe...couldn't agree more with comments hoping they all come back.
My 6 hopefuls;
I Just Know
Final Nudge
Malinsbar
Ucello Conti
Tiger Roll
Saint Are (ground against him now but have to do him as he has won me some decent money in this race in 2015 and 17)
Report chewy11 April 11, 2018 2:29 PM BST
Final Nudge, 65 on here. I think Heavy will feature in the going on Saturday & that'll suit this fella. 13lds better off with Raz de Maree & 3lb better with my other fancy Vintage Clouds in the Welsh.

He was going well when he tipped up 2 out at Uttoxeter last year with 11 8 to lump round so the trip should hold no fear. The jockey has won around here, 9 year old, 10 5 to carry. Ticks enough boxes for me.
Report sageform April 11, 2018 4:52 PM BST
I looked at Saint Are after seeing a rerun of last year but his OR has been left the same as then despite being a year older and done nothing since.

After all the rain I am now looking at The Dutchman and Milansbar at lower weights as my 2 likely bets but I prefer to wait until the final decs. before parting with any money.
Report Bindaree April 11, 2018 5:36 PM BST
Had a look at Final Nudge yesterday. In the Uttoxeter race it tipped up 4 out and was just starting to be pushed along. In the Welsh Nat and it's last race it just didn't look like it had the reserves of stamina required to me.
Report chewy11 April 11, 2018 6:09 PM BST
You're right it was 4 out at Uttoxeter but for me was going the best, admittedly there long way to go. He wasn't gaining nor going backwards at Chepstow, the 15lbs less here swings it for me.
Report Makybe_Diva April 13, 2018 8:19 AM BST
I'm adding Carlingford Lough to my shortlist.
Report redbag April 13, 2018 2:19 PM BST
anibale fly..best formin race and likes going
alpha des obeaux has a touch of class on a going day
ucello conti master trainer at readying one
Shantou flyer been running well all season
I just know looks laid out for the race

cant have tiger roll.seeyouatmidnight,baie des iles or capt redbeard at any prices
Report woodmanchester April 13, 2018 4:54 PM BST
Furthermore to my earlier post, already got 69/1 The Last Samuri but at this stage, couldn't resist a top up at 27/1 with Laddies boost! Excited
Report bexley April 13, 2018 5:03 PM BST
Hope that was 27/1 for it to make it further than one circuit?
Report woodmanchester April 13, 2018 5:41 PM BST
Why only one circuit. Wasn't it runner-up last year?
Report bexley April 13, 2018 5:49 PM BST
Tongue in cheek of course but I don’t fancy it at all.
He was 16th last year with and he only has 2 lbs less to lug round this time.
Maybe you are referring to his 2nd to Blaklion at Aintree earlier this season over shorter and I believe both of them are badly handicapped now. Or more likely his second in the race 2 years ago off a 10 lb lower mark
Report woodmanchester April 13, 2018 7:06 PM BST
10lb not the be all and end all. Depends how they jump! Wink
Report mr meagi April 13, 2018 8:17 PM BST
The Three Ladies, The Gas Line Boy,Alpha Des Obeaux, and Carlingford Lough...Cool
Report Sven Vath April 13, 2018 8:43 PM BST
Applying the following criteria:

Minimum prep runs 4+
Proven over 3m 2f+
Form in soft or worse
Form in large fields
Carrying less than 11 stone
Age 9+

You end up with

1 Raz de Maree
2 Houblon des obeaux
3 Milansbar
4 Final Nudge
5 Thunder and roses
6 Double Ross
Report conductor April 14, 2018 7:39 AM BST
in order of preference.
seeyouatmidnight
captain redbeard
ucello conti
final nudge
houblon des obeaux
vieux lion rouge

always a horse the public lump on as the race approaches and imo ucello conti may well be the one. Liverpool had a boxing champion back in the day called john conteh? slightly different spelling but sounds the same . will the public latch on? good luck everyone. Wink
Report sageform April 14, 2018 9:55 AM BST
See no reason to change my selections so The Dutchman win and Milansbar place are my final choices. Harry Cobden showed yesterday how well he rides the track so it is down to the horse being good enough.
Report wondersobright April 14, 2018 10:11 AM BST

Apr 9, 2018 -- 3:04PM, wondersobright wrote:

re shantou flyer, I am prepared to accept on the balance of his form that the horse just was not right last year (had a hard race when 2nd to cue card at ascot) and the poor form spilled over in to the start of this ssnbut the horse is flying now, has a series of excellent hcap chase lines of form at cheltenham and importantly he will get his groundhe is the most interesting runner in the line up at the big prices imo

SF price has collapsed in the last 24 hours (pw)

Report wondersobright April 14, 2018 10:12 AM BST
absolutely no value now @ 28
Report buddeliea April 14, 2018 10:34 AM BST
Raz de Maree
Chase the Spud
The Dutchman
Ucello Conti
I Just Know
Captain Redbeard

If one of those wins I will be happy !!
Report GoBallistic April 14, 2018 1:34 PM BST
Seeyouatmidnight
Final Nudge
Thunder And Roses
Double Ross
Shantou Flyer
Milansbar
Report irishone April 14, 2018 10:24 PM BST
Congrats all winners

Good few tipped up tiger roll.... Well done
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now