Forums

Grand National

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
IrisDeBalme
05 Apr 17 13:30
| Topic/replies: 1,889 | Blogger: IrisDeBalme's blog
Have to be honest - my idea of the winner for the Grand National is BLACKLION - RSA chase winner will love the ground and the distance and ran well lto.

However love looking for good value elsewhere and an outsider that has a good shot..

And barring falls think PENDRA has a good a chance as any of the others and 4 times the price.

He ran in the Kim Muir... lto and was mighty unlucky to get caught on the line... if you watch the race he was leading for the first quarter, and then sat back... and then ran on... which tells me the horse has some stamina...  he got caught cos he went wide of the line... and then sort of wobbled... but first time blinkers were on the horse... and that made the difference...

Few horses that ran in Cheltenham festival ran well in the GN... like Pineau De Re and Balthazars King... and maybe Pendra can add to this.

its was his first run in ages.. running in the grand national last year was quite disappointing but think it gave him a taster... and with blinkers on I think he has a great chance

But with better ground and his front running tactics - really worth a shout - given he is only 9... nice racing weight and in the JP McManus colours and his sire is Old Vic...

Good Luck
Share |
Show More
Report contrary45 April 5, 2017 3:47 PM BST
good luck right age + coming on from Cheltenham. only drawback horses from previous years never won this century (I think)
Report The RealDeal April 5, 2017 7:31 PM BST
I've also backed this fella at some big prices.

I think the main negative is a stamina doubt as not only did he falter in the Kim Muir this year but he also did a similar thing in the handicap chase at the Festival won by Druid's Nephew a couple of years ago to finish 5th.

On the plus side he jumped really well in last year's National and ran a good race for a long way before fading on the final circuit, I think the soft going did for him last year as it also did for a lot of other horses.

He appears to have been trained with this year's National in mind, has a tidy racing weight, the going is coming somewhere near ideal and imo his prep run at Cheltenham was very encouraging so roll on Saturday!
Report spyker April 5, 2017 7:34 PM BST
I like Blacklion as well but have gone for Longsdon's other - Drop Out Joe -  last night as the 80's Bog was too good to resist and looks like this has been the plan for this for a while (injury aside) been backed a little (well, its been shortened!) today by the looks of it. Should like the ground but obv you take a chance on him being ok after an injury that nearly ended his career. Will prob know my fate early on anyway and can concentrate on Blacklion romping home. Gl all.
Report the bloob April 5, 2017 9:44 PM BST
I'm another backer of this, that was an excellent re-appearence at Cheltenham, 66/1 very nice
Report PJay April 6, 2017 10:22 AM BST
Out
Report spyker April 6, 2017 12:30 PM BST
DOJ must be in such good form that the stable don't think it's worth running another! Hope it was backed nr no bet for you all.
Report IrisDeBalme April 6, 2017 1:54 PM BST
Can't believe that only horse to come out....

Back to drawing board on outsiders...
Report The Dragon April 6, 2017 3:23 PM BST
very unlucly
Report The RealDeal April 7, 2017 6:36 AM BST
Report Fabulous April 7, 2017 12:30 PM BST
Was any reason given for Pendra's withdrawal?
Report spyker April 8, 2017 11:48 AM BST
Drop Out Joe been backed into 33's, must be all the homeless and people called 'Joe' backing it - of which i am neither i might add!
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now