Forums

Grand National

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
kingG111111
03 Apr 17 20:58
| Topic/replies: 3,596 | Blogger: kingG111111's blog
Can it really reverse the form with who finished infront of him in the bechers? Ucello conti looked stronger at the finish that day, can Arthur really win ?
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View One for Arthur
Show More
Report GI MAC April 4, 2017 1:11 PM BST
How can he win if Definitly Red is a cert?
Report paulypaul April 4, 2017 2:08 PM BST
LaughLaughLaugh
Report sixtwosix April 4, 2017 2:54 PM BST
As far as Ucello Conti goes , he is an admirable sort , lots of quality runs in staying chases. But he has not finished any of them off strongly , after travelling easily.

One For Arthur regularly comes from behind in his races , as we know this rarely seems to be ideal for the Grand National.

I think he will need to be lucky with his passage , avoiding incidents on the first circuit , but I think he can buck the trend and go very close .

Definetly Red is a terrible price imo. His last run was emphatic , but nothing else travelled for the entire race.
He did not go well in the 4 miler in 2016 , and has just as many average runs as good ones .
Report Mully April 5, 2017 10:12 AM BST
Definitly Red hates big fields too.
Report contrary45 April 5, 2017 3:50 PM BST
one F A too young as is DR 9 out of last 10 9-11Y O, the exception being a gold cup horse
Report sewter lives again April 5, 2017 5:50 PM BST
one for Arthur was finishing well in that Aintree race

have a look at the video he was in the last 3 or 4 most of the way he is still 12 lengths last at Bechers makes up some ground to be 10th 3 out he makes further progress to be 5th jumping 2 out and stays on at least as well as the horses in front of him giving the impression to me that he just didn't have the pace at the distance to win over 3 miles 2f.

The Warwick race shows he stays 3m5f in the soft/heavy and he has won on good/gd to soft/soft and heavy as well.

Cant see many negatives
Report kingG111111 April 5, 2017 8:38 PM BST

Apr 5, 2017 -- 5:50PM, sewter lives again wrote:

one for Arthur was finishing well in that Aintree race have a look at the video he was in the last 3 or 4 most of the way he is still 12 lengths last at Bechers makes up some ground to be 10th 3 out he makes further progress to be 5th jumping 2 out and stays on at least as well as the horses in front of him giving the impression to me that he just didn't have the pace at the distance to win over 3 miles 2f.The Warwick race shows he stays 3m5f in the soft/heavy and he has won on good/gd to soft/soft and heavy as well.Cant see many negatives

After watching the replay a few times i am not convinced that he was finishing off the race as strong as others, have another look

Report sewter lives again April 8, 2017 5:36 PM BST
there's your answer king
Report sixtwosix April 8, 2017 7:08 PM BST
The lack of fallers was exactly what One For Arthur needed and he won well .......Blaklion must have felt full of running for the jockey to kick on 3 out , but not many go clear from there and win.
Report wondersobright April 8, 2017 7:40 PM BST

Apr 5, 2017 -- 3:50PM, contrary45 wrote:

one F A too young as is DR 9 out of last 10 9-11Y O, the exception being a gold cup horse

see other thread

one for arthur not too young either

Report betting_masta April 9, 2017 2:00 AM BST
KING ARTHUR
Report casemoney October 11, 2017 7:37 PM BST
Wont be winning This year out for season With a Leg
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now