Forums

Grand National

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
shockster
14 Dec 16 14:29
| Topic/replies: 2,560 | Blogger: shockster's blog
Just watched this horse jump them silly at Newbury.  He jumped and galloped the field into the ground very similar to what he did last time at Haydock.  The difference this time is he did it against much better horses.

He's only lightly raced so could be more improvement to come and he's certainly improving. He'll be 9 and in his prime come the National and we know the owners (Rooneys) aren't afraid to have National runners and have The Last Samurai already.  I reckon he'll be put away now until the weights are out, 1 run and then the big one.  Should have a decent racing weight given a normal year.  Still 66/1 at PP.
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Three Faces West
Show More
Report Fabulous December 16, 2016 3:14 PM GMT
Surprised the price is holding as well Shockster, though the 66's has gone, and 50's best price now. Also surprised he's as big as 110's here just now, though that may be off the back of his tendency to go very low at the odd fence, or the trainers comments after Haydock, that he might not want much further (not how I see it, but he may know more than me lol). Maybe a few people waiting to see just how much he rises in the weights.

I had him on my shortlist at start of season, and after the Carlisle run I quickly put a line through him, he was brutal. Haydock was a different ball game though, and he was great at Newbury on Wednesday. I took a chance after Haydock and snapped up the 200's to 500's, though the trainers comments do concern me. I think the one thing in our favour, and you've already touched on it, is that the owners won't be shy in running a few, even if they do have the deserved fav in The Last Samuri.
Report shockster December 17, 2016 5:33 PM GMT
I suppose the downside for this horse is inexperience.  He's only had 6 chases in his life and none of them have had more than 8 runners.  However, he's improving so fast and he will be 9 come the race that they surely have to take their chance. The small fields angle is less important to him due to his running style (from the front).  Time will tell.
Report shockster December 21, 2016 1:56 PM GMT
Can someone confirm please?  I have checked the Racing Post website and doesn't look like the handicapper has penalised Three Faces West for his demolition job last week at Newbury.  He's still on 147!  Other finishers have had their ratings lowered so I think it's correct.  I'm amazed and had a little bit more on him.  They have to run off 147, don't they???  I bet Hobbs can't believe it.  Well I can't. Excited
Report marychain1 December 21, 2016 11:43 PM GMT
I've backed this one as well, its speculative but its Haydock run was visually impressive
Report shockster January 3, 2017 5:05 PM GMT
Injured and out for the season.  Such is life.
Report Fabulous January 3, 2017 8:11 PM GMT
Gutted shockster, hope that's the last one.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now