Forums

Grand National

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
bigben
20 Mar 16 20:28
| Topic/replies: 401 | Blogger: bigben's blog
Im looking to go for the first time this year on the Thursday. Has anybody got any advice on the best place to park as the course is a rip off? I'd noticed that there's a large retail park just under a mile away so was thinking off trying there if possible.
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Aintree Parking.
Show More
Report The Dragon March 21, 2016 8:42 PM GMT
i parked their a few years back no problem just walked up
Report crystalhunt March 22, 2016 12:55 PM GMT
Depends where you are coming from. Easiest solution is by rail. Aintree station is outside the racecourse. Trains every few minutes on race days coming from Liverpool Central station or Ormskirk. Main lines into Liverpool end at Lime st which is a short walk from Central station. Local retail park is wise to situation and restrictions apply to protect customers.
Racecourse had 1800 spaces last year but all must be pre-booked.

I wouldn't go anywhere near the racecourse by car. Go by rail and have a drink.
Report sacrifice1 March 22, 2016 2:13 PM GMT
As crystal states its likely you will pick up a fine if you park for over 2 hours at the retail park. Free secure parking at Maghull station which is only 2 stops away from Aintree, decent pub adjacent to the car park for a bit of food and drink. Cost about £2.50 for a return ticket and whilst the hordes will generally be heading into Liverpool your return trip will be on the Ormskirk line with comparatively small numbers of passengers.
Report bigben March 23, 2016 8:22 AM GMT
Thanks for your replies guys.
Report sacrifice1 February 28, 2017 5:25 PM GMT
Liverpool Echo have a feature on line about parking at Aintree, there is a link to Justpark which provides details of local residents happy to allow parking on their driveway for a fee, enjoy the meeting !
Report Mully March 1, 2017 9:57 AM GMT
I'd try parking up in Ormskirk- only a **** stride then on the train and you're on the quieter platform.
Report gaz255 March 4, 2017 7:42 PM GMT
The train is the way-it would be just so difficult to get in and then out to M57 from anywhere near the course and they will be looking for long stays in the retail park etc.The people who come in from Ormskirk/Maghull get less crowding as is said above-Maghull is best I would say as there is places to park even if station is full whereas Ormskirk can be difficult anytime and its 5 min to M57 from the right direction to avoid traffic.
Report laynplay March 18, 2017 1:06 PM GMT
train all the way...drive to Aughton...3 stops and 12 mins from track...have your breakfast at the Cockburn Tavern...50 yards from train station...train in to course which cost us 7 quid return for the pair of us...racing....train back to pub...evening meal...drive home...did it last year on ladies day...perfect.
Report Mully March 21, 2017 2:53 PM GMT
I hope the strike doesn't materilaise Cry
Report gaz255 March 25, 2017 7:28 PM GMT
If and tbh atm it looks likely the rail strike is on it will be carnage.Will suit me though-will cycle up there -10 miles lock up at retail park where there are bike racks and pick up entry ticket off sellers for naf all -no strike and it`t couch feet up TV.Win win !!!!
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now