Forums

Grand National 2015

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Roger The Butler
26 Mar 14 10:21
| Topic/replies: 2,364 | Blogger: Roger The Butler's blog
As far as I can see he fits on every trend going, except he doesn't have a Topspeed rating of 128+.

I know at 12 he is pushing it for age, but the last two winners have been 11 and 12 year olds have won the national in each of the last three decades. Other than that he ticks all the boxes.

Generally 40s and 33s he is 50s in one place. Anyone else interested in this one?
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Lion Na Bearnai
Show More
Report marychain1 March 26, 2014 4:32 PM GMT
I've been backing it for a while. On the trends I used he came out top rated. Irish National winners have a good record in the race, but my main concern would be whether he is really classy enough. Most of the Irish National horses that have gone on to perform well have been younger horses that have still been improving. Worth having in my team though, although a place might be more realistic than a win.
Report GoldCupWinner March 26, 2014 5:45 PM GMT
Looks on a high enough mark to me at the age of 12 but should stay at least and not too many stand out candidates this year imo.
Report jasey March 26, 2014 5:53 PM GMT
Depends what trends you use.
The irish National is a real poor quality staying chase compaired to the Welsh or the Scots.
1 He aint well handicapped
2 He aint progressive
So for win purposes he is not for me
Report Bearnai March 27, 2014 10:47 AM GMT
Delighted that Davy Russell rides Lion na Bearnai in the Grand National.  He asked for the ride straight after the BobbyJo when the horse got sandwiched coming to the 5th last and hit the fence losing momentum. Tom Gibney has been trained him for the race all year, he is in top form and schooled well under Davy at the Curragh last week jumping the replica Aintree fence fine. Whether his best will be good enough is dabatable, but he is ready to tun to his best and ticks many of the Grand National winners trends - good to soft is perfect, he travels and jumps brilliantly - check out his win at Fairyhouse in Feb to see him jump at his best.
Report TheGoddess March 27, 2014 7:14 PM GMT
Last 50/1 just hoovered up
Report Ilnamar March 30, 2014 2:34 AM BST
definitely fits the trends and I have backed it as well...more in hope than expectation though!
Report marychain1 March 30, 2014 10:27 PM BST
Right - stick with me on this:

The last jockey to win The Gold Cup and the The Grand National in the same season was....Jim Culloty.

This year, Jim Culloty trained Lord Windermere to the Gold Cup...and the jockey was Davy Russell.

Davy Russell's ride in the National? Davy Russell.
Report marychain1 March 30, 2014 10:28 PM BST
Dammit. Laugh
Report marychain1 March 30, 2014 10:28 PM BST
Right - stick with me on this:

The last jockey to win The Gold Cup and the The Grand National in the same season was....Jim Culloty.

This year, Jim Culloty trained Lord Windermere to the Gold Cup...and the jockey was Davy Russell.

Davy Russell's ride in the National? Lion Na Bernai.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now